If ur under 30...engaged or thinkin bout gettin married... DONT DO IT

a murda

I love my wife brehs
Daps
Reppin
Reppin Chi-City Southside
If you marry the right person and for the right reasons, marriage can be a very beautiful and fulfilling thing.

I'm almost 32, about to celebrate 4th wedding anniversary. I'd do it all over again, with no fukks given.

And for you trolls, I married a:
Black woman
a career woman
and I did not sign a pre-nup

and I wouldn't do it any differently.

Get Married Brehs

it jus not like that for everybody breh :manny:

but congrats anyway breh :myman:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Average first marriage lasts 7 years

If you marry the right person and for the right reasons, marriage can be a very beautiful and fulfilling thing.

I'm almost 32, about to celebrate 4th wedding anniversary. I'd do it all over again, with no fukks given.

And for you trolls, I married a:
Black woman
a career woman
and I did not sign a pre-nup

and I wouldn't do it any differently.

Get Married Brehs

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Starter marriages are all the rage.

Women file for divorce 70 percent of the time.

I live in Toronto as well , and Ontario as a whole is the worse place in the whole wrld for a man to get married

I would not even get Into a common law relationship in this province.

Most PEOPLE can't stay faithful.

I think a lot of people marry for the wrong reasons...to conform to society's expectations. My friend's colleague is about to pop the question to his girl. Her parents are pressuring her to get married and she makes more money than the guy - a lot more - so she looks great on paper and his parents are pressuring him to marry her as well. He started dating her because she really liked him, but initially, he was into her best friend! She was his back-up and he isn't all that into her, but again, she's good on paper. Perfection doesn't exist, but unless you're really certain that you can spend your life with a person, and you WANT to marry that person without outside pressure, then I don't think marriage should be in the books. For a lot of people, marriage is just the "next step" but that's not how it should work. You have to absolutely want that commitment and take the vows seriously. If you are a sexual person and your partner isn't, then don't marry him/her because obviously, it's not something that is going to change and at some point, you're going to get sick of putting your needs aside and you may stray. You may not because you take the vows seriously, but a lot of people act out of need/attention rather than staying true to their core values.

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I agree marriage is totally worth it for females. It offers them security, commitment, and if it fails they get spousal support the mAtrimonial home and the children.

I don't mean to be rude I'm not, but if you are thirtyand offer all of that. And you live in the great city known as tdot then why aren't you married?

I think it's worth it for people who are both for it. If you don't believe in it, then it won't be worth it for you and that's okay too - I don't think marriage is for everyone. My parents have been married for over 30 years. My grandparents on my mother's side were together for 50+ years. My parents have friends who have been happily married and some who have gone through divorces...it's just up to the people in that marriage to make it what it is...no outside factors.

Personally, I have security as a single female. I have a career that I enjoy and that continues to reward me with financial growth year-to-year. I purchased a condo for myself in January, have a car, travel often. I don't need a husband to make me happy or to support me in any way financially and that's not what a husband means to me at the end of the day. I just like a traditional, simple life: to enjoy someone's company and know that we're both committed to one another and bring children into this world who will only add to our happiness...not make it or take away from it.

I'm single because I haven't met that man for me and I've been so focused on my career and accomplishing other things for myself over the years. Not that I couldn't do it while having a boyfriend, but I just hadn't met someone who's the right match.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
And eh its sad brehs I'm a 28 year old educated black man , no criminal record, no children. I volunteer, I don't dribk, smoke, never cheated . Never have abused, never have manipulated, and hell I practice abstinence. I'm not ugly, I'm low key.

Everyone who knows me tells me I would make a Great dad a great husband .

But I have no desire t
o participate in this demonic ritual with the average woman of today

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind the idea of marrying at a young age, but when I think of young age I'm thinking late 20's, a lot of people that I went to high school with have kids and are even married and I'm only 21, then I see them on fb looking sick and flabby, and it's like damn fam. Even nikkas who are tripping over broads and their actions on fb got me thinking like you nikkas are bad decision makers, and you ain't making decisions out of pride but out of weakness.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There was no Facebook, no cell phones, NP dating sites when parents and grandparents were married. Divorce was looked down upon, men were the sole breadwinner. When you were bored you couldn't seek out your ex on Facebook you had to work through your problems as a couple .

Read about grey divorces its actually the highest rate of divorces now

And that's great so what if you never find that will you bee content being single forever?

Or will you settle :Lupe:

I think it's worth it for people who are both for it. If you don't believe in it, then it won't be worth it for you and that's okay too - I don't think marriage is for everyone. My parents have been married for over 30 years. My grandparents on my mother's side were together for 50+ years. My parents have friends who have been happily married and some who have gone through divorces...it's just up to the people in that marriage to make it what it is...no outside factors.

Personally, I have security as a single female. I have a career that I enjoy and that continues to reward me with financial growth year-to-year. I purchased a condo for myself in January, have a car, travel often. I don't need a husband to make me happy or to support me in any way financially and that's not what a husband means to me at the end of the day. I just like a traditional, simple life: to enjoy someone's company and know that we're both committed to one another and bring children into this world who will only add to our happiness...not make it or take away from it.

I'm single because I haven't met that man for me and I've been so focused on my career and accomplishing other things for myself over the years. Not that I couldn't do it while having a boyfriend, but I just hadn't met someone who's the right match.