If ur under 30...engaged or thinkin bout gettin married... DONT DO IT

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I turned 30 last month, the month before that I married the mother of my child. It's amazing how so many of my HS friends & a few undergrad friends are still acting they are in their early 20s. Going to the same clubs, sleeping with different women. I mean I use to do it too & I always said I would NEVER get married. I guess for me, our test came when she had our son when we were 23 still in school & we were broke & frustrated with a baby.

I always knew I was gonna marry her but I had to get my finances in order & so far it's great, I've been a pharmacist for a few years now making A+ money, she has a great career too & I would rather be married & bored(sometimes) vs single & lonely. I mean how much sex with different women can one man have with different women?

I just never wanted to be that "old man" in the club looking for love. The allure & temptation for multiple women is always there because I practice in a hospital but it's not worth it & I would never consider having a "gumar". In my opinion if you're with someone that you truly love & you have your money right, I think it will work out.

I went through months of pre-marital counseling, I think that's good for engaged couples to decide if they should marry....

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I'm going to agree with this even though I got married in my early 20's. This is the time when you get to know what you like and don't, what type of relationship/marriage you want to have, better yourself and position yourself in your career etc. 28 and up is a good time to start thinking about marriage

Damn, you were whoring at an early age :hug:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just turned 35 friday and yeah we are still married. We been together for a little close to 19 years

damn 19 years old? and u are the same age as me. have u ever been with another dude since u been with ur guy since age 16? how old is he even?

how long u been married? I dont count all the years of dating if it wasn't official.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Marriage doesn't benefit men.

Marriage is simply a man rewarding a woman for her loyalty by legally obligating himself to her. Thinking of it as anything else is detrimental.

:clap: Nikkaz keep talkin' about legacy and wealth building like they are the Rothschilds :heh: What legacy are MJ's kids gonna have? Conrad Hilton? Jaden Smith and Ivanka Trump are the exception, not the rule, most legacy children are scumsucking yuppies who aren't worth anything other than their name. Get married only if she is a once in a lifetime chick. All this other bullsh*t is for the birds.

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So having a strong family structure with pride is for the birds?
415136Gilie2.png

The white man really did a number on us.

Even the poorest white people know that all you have is your family and reputation, and they value it as such.

nikkas :snoop:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
damn 19 years old? and u are the same age as me. have u ever been with another dude since u been with ur guy since age 16? how old is he even?

how long u been married? I dont count all the years of dating if it wasn't official.
Well I met him when I was 16. We talked off and on for years. Got serious when I was about 19 and been official since then. I've been with him ever since, got married at 24. Had one other boyfriend, met in my sophomore year of high school and we stopped dating when I graduated. Hubby was my first.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Well I met him when I was 16. We talked off and on for years. Got serious when I was about 19 and been official since then. I've been with him ever since, got married at 24. Had one other boyfriend, met in my sophomore year of high school and we stopped dating when I graduated. Hubby was my first.

:obama: