If Lamar Jackson looked like Jalen Hurts would he get the credit he deserves?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop it, breh. Injuries definitely will drop a player in rankings. Lamar has been healthy, performing well and just got his 2nd MVP in a few years. If these other QBs you say are getting more credit than him why you can't show anything that reflects that other than a preseason ranking after a couple injury plagued years?
I’m not bout to keep jumping through your hoops i already gave you what you asked for once. :stopitslime:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You must change the reputation of 25 users before you can influence the reputation of the username ChatGPT again.

:unimpressed:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I’m not bout to keep jumping through your hoops i already gave you what you asked for once. :stopitslime:

No you didn't. You know damn well a player's health status will drop them in preseason rankings. He was number 7 during the off-season and bounced right back on the top of the list during the season, like he was prior to the injuries. And on top of that those same media members who make those lists just named him league MVP.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
They've been on Lamar since he got drafted...I remember when they made such a big deal that he didn't have a playoff win and dude was just getting started one of the winningest players in history.

I think it's because Lamar is closer to Vick and the culture than Hurts. I'm rooting for Hurt too, but if Lamar won a SB it'd hit a bit more differently than if Hurts did

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Both, his talent in general, no way there’s been 6 other qbs better than him at any point in his career.
Stat wise it's arguable....very arguable..but Lamar wins. He just gotta win in the playoffs now.

I wanted Lamar to replace Brees badly and we drafted Marcus Davenport over him. Since then I've watched Lamar play like a better McNair on ground and air. He wins..he is durable enough to play to a 2nd contract and wins over 70% games. He is in the top 5-6 convo. But stats is arguable..wins ain't and he fenna get his 2nd MVP.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
They've been on Lamar since he got drafted...I remember when they made such a big deal that he didn't have a playoff win and dude was just getting started one of the winningest players in history.

I think it's because Lamar is closer to Vick and the culture than Hurts. I'm rooting for Hurt too, but if Lamar won a SB it'd hit a bit more differently than if Hurts did
I remember how everyone including black talking heads was talking done on him negotiating his own deal...even Shannon Sharpe was talking down

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

I dont think Hurts has it any easier than lamar

Shannon sharpe and steven a talked down on dude for years

He had the same he needs to switch positions shyt they was talking about lamar

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I definitely believe a major reason why Lamar received so much casual to overt disdain is due to the way he looks and talks. He looks/talks like someone a lot of white people mistreat or stereotype every week in America. He could recite Einstein's theory of relativity word for word and all (white) people would hear is "ghetto black thug."

How many weeks of this season went by with them using the same talking points from previous years about him not being a pocket passer? The entire offense is different, he's clearly in the pocket more and it didn't really matter until the end of the season when folks ran out of excuses.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
This is a ridiculous assertion. purdy as Mr. Irrelevant is near the top of all QB statistical rankings which is why he has the highest QBR in the league
That right there is the reason. People are falling in love with the story line.

Truth is
He has an above average O-Line.
He has one of the best RBs in the league.
He has one of the best TEs in the league.
He has one of the best WR corps in the league.
He has one of the best coaches in the league.

Purdy is a legit starter, but he is not elite and is not an MVP QB by any means. He is surrounded by talent. It's his story that everybody is attached to because we love underdogs.

Somebody like Mahomes early was surrounded by talent as well, but we all could tell dude was elite. He has nothing right now and is still putting up decent numbers.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
You engaged a bunch of men on whether two other men were being subjected to colorism?! You work for LSA?! You an agent?