If Drake Ain't Black Then WTF Is Jay Worthy?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
How is Drake not black when his dads brothers are legendary African American artists.

Drake is of mixed culture of course, as he spent plenty of time with his American side, but he's more Jewish Canadian, but then for his second half of his life (like the past 2 decades) he's been carving out his own lane. People with straight forward lineage like crackers and African Americans will never understand that, unlike Caribbean Americans, Nigerian Americans, Afro Europeans, Chinese Americans or whatever the fukk that gotta rep multiple cultures and sides. That's why straight AAs and crackers always want people to conform to their binary way of thinking about culture "you're either this or that", eat a dikk I'm both.

Other than that, both Kendrick and Drake are entertainers, and in beef you move like a politician. Anything you say, is to get people to laugh at or shyt on the other person. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's some type of well-grounded analysis behind it.

Great post. Repped.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay Worthy literally made his name being a Piru pimp, simply out of an infatuation he had for hip hop culture. He's big enough to executive produce an album for DJ Quik today.

I promise you he's done far more real harm than whatever you think Drake did :heh:

Fake flagging is embarrassing for sure, I'm not a fan of Worthy. But for the record coming into hip hop and transforming it into predigested pop music for teenage white girls, with an audience of millions and millions of people, is way worse than being a niche fake gangbanger. Fake gangbanging underground rappers are literally a dime a dozen, and always have been. Not one of them could possibly have a cultural impact similar to Drake

QBN

All Star
Daps
I don't know dude's history so I can't speak on it.
If he moved to Compton at 18 and the Piru's accepted him then :yeshrug: He should not be saying the N word and it seems like he's avoided saying it in recent videos.

I want to see more West Coast artists blow up, so I'll listen when he drops a project but for now I'm looking at him kinda :patrice:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Fake flagging is embarrassing for sure, I'm not a fan of Worthy. But for the record coming into hip hop and transforming it into predigested pop music for teenage white girls, with an audience of millions and millions of people, is way worse than being a niche fake gangbanger. Fake gangbanging underground rappers are literally a dime a dozen, and always have been. Not one of them could possibly have a cultural impact similar to Drake

You're not understanding dude isn't fake. He clearly put in work with how many people stamp him. This is a 6ix9ine situation where they put on a Canadian Indian civilian and he was able to move up in rank.

And I don't think making Hip Hop bigger and making it the mainstream form of music is a strong argument for why Drake is bad.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're not understanding dude isn't fake. He clearly put in work with how many people stamp him. This is a 6ix9ine situation where they put on a Canadian Indian civilian and he was able to move up in rank.

And I don't think making Hip Hop bigger and making it the mainstream form of music is a strong argument for why Drake is bad.

So it's being a real gangbanger that's the problem here? Certainly I agree with that. In that case I'm back to where I started, just confused about this thread. Why is a mixed-race pop star being compared to a non-black underground gangbanger? What is the argument here?

And if you think selling out and commercializing hip hop isn't a bad thing, well we just see things differently

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So it's being a real gangbanger that's the problem here? Certainly I agree with that. In that case I'm back to where I started, just confused about this thread. Why is a mixed-race pop star being compared to a non-black underground gangbanger? What is the argument here?

And if you think selling out and commercializing hip hop isn't a bad thing, well we just see things differently
"We don't wanna hear u say nikka no more.."
Yet hanging around non blacks who say nikka in they music thats from the same country as the nikka u dissin. On top of that came to YOUR city as an 18 year old and got to rep the turf.. Lol.