If Cleveland passes up on Baker Mayfield, they're officially idiots

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Doug couldn't sling the rock like Baker can. He had great feet and good field vision but Baker is pretty high bar at most QB categories outside of height. I seen this with Wilson. Wilson won a SB, when to another and was a MVP candidate for most of this season. Why pass on something this good?
I'm just fukkin' around. I"m not entirely sold on dude but you never know.:yeshrug:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
shyt, I don't even know but I know Mayfield is extremely good. Why should this matter? Name one Southern Conference player that was as good outside of Steph Curry.
:dahell:

You do realize a conference known for QBs and passing doesnt have 1 QB that production translated to the NFL?

Then you're caping for a Oklahoma QB at that.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
This white boy can play. He got a lot of skill, got a good feel, can move, good feet, doesn't get bothered by sacks, can take a hit and wants it more than anything. I am usually hyping Black QB's. DeShaun, Jemeis, Russ, Cam, and Teddy comes to mind but I like this Baker kid as much as any QB I've seen in the last 10 years. The only white QB I really liked like that was Andrew Luck. He's not that big but he can play.

too short
too slow
not athletic enough

Cognito

All Star
Daps
All I know that Josh Allen guy legit awful.
Dude was average in the mountain west.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
So we’re gonna skip over OU QBs being system QBs who either never pan out or the one who they hyped up and was trash. Baker falls somewhere within that category
That | has | nothing | to | do | with | Baker

Clemson had the same rep for Black QB's before Watson. Think Boyd, Danzler, and others.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That | has | nothing | to | do | with | Baker

Clemson had the same rep for Black QB's before Watson. Think Boyd, Danzler, and others.
And none of them had the measurables nor showed the promise Watson showed early on either. Baker couldn’t even maintain maintain starter status at Texas Tech. System quarterback

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Possibly not even, but he is a good football player though. The league is trying to save the endangered species of white boy QBs, so Darnold & Rosen whom both got exposed as mediocre at best will get opportunities cause the league is ran by fan boys with no evaluating talent.

The same scouts who thought cushy soft as baby thighs Myles Garrett was a beast, and the same ones who got Jadaveon Clowney a fortune from 1 hit on the Michigan RB
clowneys been playing really well the last two years though :usure:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Possibly not even, but he is a good football player though. The league is trying to save the endangered species of white boy QBs, so Darnold & Rosen whom both got exposed as mediocre at best will get opportunities cause the league is ran by fan boys with no evaluating talent.

The same scouts who thought cushy soft as baby thighs Myles Garrett was a beast, and the same ones who got Jadaveon Clowney a fortune from 1 hit on the Michigan RB
Myles Garrett was one of best players last year and Clowney has been the best run stopper the last 3 years. Scouts are wrong but those are bad examples.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
If they have to take a QB #1, they should gamble on Rosen, while keeping an eye on any mid round QBs they could potentially develop for when his fragility inevitably catches up to him.

They’re gonna take Allen though because they're the Browns and that’s the most Browns thing to do.

Mayfield is just as white as Darnold and Rosen.

He ain’t being discriminated against other than recognization that QBs his height, without Vick elite athleticism, normally don’t amount to much (Brees and Russ being the exceptions). He’s still going to go top 15 in all likelihood.
Both Brees and Russ were much more well rounded athletes and smarter players at the same stage.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Both Brees and Russ were much more well rounded athletes and smarter players at the same stage.
Y'all really underrating Mayfield, he's as talented a passer we seen enter the NFL, is a gamer, has good Football IQ, is a film junkie and has excellent feet. He's the best prospect in this class. No doubt about it. He's better than Brees out of Purdue and Wilson out of Wisconsin