If Bron wins his 5th ring/5th FMVP next year, back to back with LA. Would you consider him GOAT?

??

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%
  • He’s already the GOAT

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • He will never be the GOAT

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • They would be about equal

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
So if he recruits these players then what advantage does it give him to start from scratch why doesn't he just recruit them with the team he's already with? Seems to me that would be a easier route? Why go back to bum cleveland where free agents didn't want to part of? Why not stay in south beach with goat riley? Why go to LA which been in a disarray and no free agents wasnt trying to go there? I'm trying to figure what advantage would be gained starting over with teams that weren't having success for years building a roster up before his arrival.
Getting new all star teammates to run with when the old ones flame out. You must be :troll:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Homie he cant be the finals mvp in year 17 and simultaneously not be grinding. And lebron has only been an overwhelming favorite maybe 3 times in his career, and he lost 1 of those finals. Mj was the favorite in everything. Bron may have formed a couple super teams yes but he still stuck it out with the cavs and lakers when they sucked ass until his contract ran out and or got AD
We don’t share the same definition of grinding and i don’t feel like elaborating any further.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could I argue with Nick wright? Yes I can
Will I do it on thecoli with someone with autism parroting his words? No I won’t

let’s have more respect for ourselves as men. :dame:

So then refute the point.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
i dont get this fascination with this never ending ongoing conversation about Lebron being the GOAT or not. Will he be the GOAT? To some he's already the GOAT...to others he'll never be the GOAT. To most of this generation...Lebron was the GOAT after the Cleveland Chip. This year and possibly next year with the Lakers could only cement that. Too Jordan stans...they'll just keep moving the goal post. "Lebron had to form superteams", "he played in a weaker Era", "never beat any great teams" i saw them do that shyt with Kobe. Lakers fans on the other hand can appreciate, and have grown to love Lebron...but we wont ever consider Lebron the GOAT. Well we will when he's played most of his career for the Lakers, and wins 5 rings...for the Lakers. Until then we could never place him above Kobe...or Magic...or even Kareem. Those were OUR guys. Them other rings don't really matter to us.

Point is, every era has their own GOAT. With thr league being so vastly different from era to era, its impossible to compare them accurately. Lebron is in the tail end of his era as the unquestionable king of the mountain. He's still telling his story, lets just enjoy it instead of always trying to argue about whose superior or inferior.
It’s not that serious breh, just a little meaningless sports forum entertainment. It’s human nature to argue about competition.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So can you refute the point? Would Jimmy have looked better if he lost against the Celtics or Bucks instead of getting to the finals?

People are not screaming every day that Jimmy is better than Jordan. So no. But if keep saying you’re better than the GOAT, you need to win like him or shut the fukk up. This argument really does exemplify the Millennial generation to the tee. Nikkas want props for getting to the championship now, not winning but just getting there. Smh.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesnt end because you lost an argument and you are now being petulant.

MJ struggled to get to the biggest stage many times before Pippen and Phil. 5 of Lebron's losses came against loaded dynasties. KD joining the 73 win Warriors also made it even more lopsided and no sane person can look past that.
The 6 MJ wins, the Bulls were runaway favourites vs. LBJ being under dog for 8 of his 10 finals series

STOP SAYING THIS DUMB shyt. JORDAN PLAYED TWO FULL SEASONS WITHOUT PIPPEN. TWO SEASONS IS NOT MANY TIMES. HE WAS A ROOKIE IN 1984. HE BROKE HIS FOOT IN 1985. HE PLAYED IN 1986. PIPPEN CAME IN 1987. YALL NIKKAS BLANTANLY MAKING UP shyt TO FORM YALL WACK ASS ARGUMENT :beli:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I LOVE how he pretend Lebron carries team all by himself.

:mjlol: Teams throw their futures in the bushes to sign all the help for dude.

fukk his 5th title

STOP SAYING THIS DUMB shyt. JORDAN PLAYED TWO FULL SEASONS WITHOUT PIPPEN. TWO SEASONS IS NOT MANY TIMES. HE WAS A ROOKIE IN 1984. HE BROKE HIS FOOT IN 1985. HE PLAYED IN 1986. PIPPEN CAME IN 1987. YALL NIKKAS BLANTANLY MAKING UP shyt TO FORM YALL WACK ASS ARGUMENT :beli:
:martin: Stop bringing all this logic.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The Finals are not some mythical stage where all that exists in that world gives it some abstract power of defining a player is better than another.

Mike went to six Finals; Bron went to 10 Finals.

Why do you seem to think that MJ losing before he got to the Finals is somehow a greater achievement than Bron getting to the Finals? How could losing possibly be a greater measurement of a player than winning?

All that proves is that MJ wasn't good enough to get to the "biggest stage" as many times as Bron. Or do you seem to think that all those years that MJ couldn't get to the Finals throughout his career he somehow was still good enough to get to the Finals and win? Are you of the opinion MJ was good enough to win a title in every single season?

Again - make it make sense.

Lebron is legit the only player we celebrate the number of Conference Championships he has :mjlol:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The wins matter. The losses dont mean as much in context.
Thats simple logic.

If we holding finals losses accountable the first round exits should be as well.

I dont see how some of you arent getting this. Jordan was like westbrook in the playoffs before but playing better competition. When his competition got old he started winning.

At least lebron beat his best competition. Even if he lost to them too. He didnt just wait for the spurs and warriors to get old. He beat them both at least once. Hell even in context beating that 73-9 team is the biggest ring out of both his and Jordan's resumes.

For the record i still think Jordan the Goat, but if lebron wins one or two more finals mvps and claims kareems record i'm giving him the edge.

Jordan was born in 1963.
Joe Dumars was born in 1963.
Isiah Thomas was born in 1961.
Magic Johnson was born in 1959.
Larry Bird was born in 1956.

The only person who was significantly older than Jordan was Larry Bird. The rest were in the same age bracket, the same way Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Paul George, Harden, Lillard, Klay, Kyrie, and Westbrook are in the same age bracket (being born between 1987 and 1992). The Pistons have no excuse. You really gonna argue Isiah, a nikka two years older, got old at 29? The same age Kawhi is now? Them nikkas got beat. End of story.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Jordan was born in 1963.

The only person who was significantly older than Jordan was Larry Bird. The rest were in the same age bracket, the same way Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Paul George, Harden, Lillard, Klay, Kyrie, and Westbrook are in the same age bracket (being born between 1987 and 1992). The Pistons have no excuse. You really gonna argue Isiah, a nikka two years older, got old at 29? The same age Kawhi is now? Them nikkas got beat. End of story.
Kareem retired in 1989, Worthy got hurt in 1991, Magic got AIDS in 1991, Lakers were done at that point

Bird got hurt in 1989 and was never the same again, McHale wasn't even a starter after '89, Parish was old and washed, Reggie Lewis R.I.P., Celtics were done

Isiah got hurt in 1991 and was never the same, Laimbeer/Edwards/Microwave were getting old and washed, Pistons never won more than 50 after their 1990 title

NONE of those teams were any good during MJ's run. You CAN'T claim you follow basketball and not know this shyt. :mjlol:

Daps
Jordan was born in 1963.

Well i mean.....kawhi looking pretty old nowadays but i get what you saying.

The celtics definitely got old on him though

Pistons ill give you tho

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the super team argument is trash. Ain't nothing super about forming a teams with nikkas who ain't won shyt. Ad didn't win shyt in New Orleans. Kevin Love ain't win shyt in minny. Chris Bosh ain't win shyt in Toronto. Kyrie ain't win shyt in cleveland. Dwade after 06 wasn't winning shyt. You can't be super if you havent accomplished shyt. Playoff wins and championships. If you not making the playoffs and atleast getting to the conference finals then I'm not trying to hear super nada. You just another good player in a league that's filled with good players. Super stars are made in the playoffs, Legends are made from consistent playoff performances and constant trips to the playoffs, playoff runs and championship performance.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lebron stepped in the rare position that no matter how many rings or FMVP's

Top scoring or what ever

Its not gonna matter

The goal post keep moving no matter what

I seen a meme that you only supposed to celebrate when you 3peat :wow:

which only 2 all-time players was on that meme

MJ