If Bron wins his 5th ring/5th FMVP next year, back to back with LA. Would you consider him GOAT?

??

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%
  • He’s already the GOAT

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • He will never be the GOAT

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • They would be about equal

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Nobody brings up the early-mid 2000 Pistons that got to like 4 or 5 conference finals in a row. They only bring up their 1 chip over the Kobe Shaq Lakers.

This :mjlol:

And my man @murksiderock talmbout Iverson been living off that 2001 Finals for 20 years or Karl Malone (Karl Malone!) gets props for losing to the Bulls in 97-98. Karl Malone is legit one of the greatest scorers ever and is looked at a loser.

:mjlol:

Lebron stans be like; "Yea, but, Father Bron has 10 conference championships to Jordan's sixth :to:"

I'm almost done with this topic for awhile (the Mike v Bron shyt), but I can't let this dumb ass comment slide. Its totally false...

Iverson won a second round series once in his whole career, and to this day he eating off of that ONE run----->a conference championship. But instead of shytting on him for being a relatively unsuccessful postseason guy, he is habitually gassed by that one Finals win, one Finals appearance, as much as anything else about him...

Karl Malone played 19 years and you know what yhe majority of you nikkas say about him? "Mailman would be a 2x champion if it wasn't for Jordan", despite the fact that he played a whole nother 17 years in the opposite conference from Mike, yall gas his two appearances vs Mike as proof of accomplishment...

My comment is a "dumb ass comment," but, get to pull these two paragraphs out of your ass and write an essay I didn't read?
:laff:

Who in the hell says "Mailman would be a 2x champion if it wasn't for Jordan"??? nikkas in Utah don't think this!

Iverson is a fukking culture phenem...and is constantly shytted on for his play being thee worst thing about the post-MJ era.

You made this shyt up! :russ:

LeBron is the only player in NBA history where you can put any coaching style and philosophy, any ragtag group to elite group of players, he the only guy if you give him anybody, you're automatically a championship contender, a Final 2 contestant for the LOB.

This, too :mjlol:

Every team he moves to has to trade everything to find the same type of players to play Bron Ball!

Facts; Miami was successful after they told Bron they wasn't gonna play that shyt no more in the 2nd years. All-Star Chris Bosh was marginalized so much they had to invent a new style of play with him at Center so they could play Bron Ball!

Again, I think Lebron is an all time great, no questions. But, it's these weirdos in the media that create these fake narratives for him and it's annoying.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I'm to the point now where i won't rate Bron until his career is over. He has proven that he still has a few chapters left to write so i will wait for his book to be finished before i judge him with Jordan.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
:sas1:Mike never lost in the finals

that ends the debate right there

But if you wanna keep it going...

The nikka threepeat’ed TWICE

took time off in between

:mjlol::mjtf::gladbron::whoo:

This should've ended the thread.

Plus ALL SIX of MJ's rings came in full 82 game seasons. HALF of Bron's came in shortened seasons.

Also iirc, Kareem also played in 10 NBA Finals, and won 6.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
A 5th title where he's still the best player or a close 1B during the playoff run (FMVP doesn't really matter to me) coupled with the all-time scoring record (which I consider the unofficial all time longevity award...and something approaching a championship level accomplishment in its own right) puts him right there on the doorstep...I’d still probably pick MJ fairly easily, but Bron’s resume would be thorough enough to the point where I would seriously entertain the argument and he’d be pretty solidly ahead of most of the other top 10ish guys... all that plus a sixth title :patrice: , he’d probably be co-goat at worst

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
michael-jordan-versus-lebron-james.jpg

Until LeBron trophy closet look like this, he won't ever be the G.O.A.T.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
If he’s not your goat now (he isn’t mine) nothing is going to do it

I agree with this completely. The line will keep moving if he adds to his accomplishments...

Also iirc, Kareem also played in 10 NBA Finals, and won 6.

This is true, but this is where context comes into play...

Kareem got to 10 Finals but was only the best player on maybe 6 of those teams. Which, I dont wanna minimize it, you can count on one hand the number of guys were the best player on 6 or more Finals teams, thats a hell of an achievement, but this is still an important distinction to point out with he and Bron...

He also got to his 10th Finals in his last season, Year 20. When he was thru Y17 just as Bron is now, he had been to 7 Finals total, won 4 of them. When people come with the LeBron/Kareem convos some specific details get lost. It also took Kareem a stretch of 19 years to get to 10 Finals, from his first appearance to his last one; LeBron got to his 10 in 14 years, thats in 26% faster than Kareem got to his, while being the best player on all of those teams in comparison...

Kareem was far and away the greatest player of the 70s NBA, the only comparable guys to individually dominate an era to such an extent are 90s Mike and '10s LeBron. Thats it.....and yet in his decade of dominance, Cap only got to two Finals, winning one, and choking pretty badly in the 4thQ G7 of the one he lost. He also missed the postseason two consecutive years in his decade of dominance, these are not small details that should be excluded when comparing Cap to LeBron and Mike...

Kareem's entire NBA body of work is formidable and bests almost anyone. It isnt better than Mike's, and it isnt stronger than LeBron's, and I think he's the clear #3 of those three. Too many people want to point to 6 rings/10 Finals and put him over Bron specifically, but there are too many variables you can point out as to why he should be considered a step below LeBron...

michael-jordan-versus-lebron-james.jpg

Until LeBron trophy closet look like this, he won't ever be the G.O.A.T.

Mike is the most decorated and accomplished player in NBA history, and that itself is enough to stand his case on----->while alota Coli brehs love saying "i don't value accomplishments/accolades", accolades don't earn themselves. It means something to be the most decorated player your sport has ever seen...

Bron won't catch Mike's trophy chest, its too late in his career to feasibly believe he is gonna run off multiple more rings abd MVPs, but he and Bill are closer to Mike's trophy count than anyone else...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock how many more championships, Finals MVPs, and Regular Season MVPs do you think LeBron can pull off??

Long response incoming lol:

Honestly in my gut, I think its almost over for him as a high level, elite player. I expected he had at least one more run as arguably the greatest player alive, and this season proved me right...

I think when the cliff comes, its gonna come hard and fast, I expect a Peyton Manning type decline---->if you followed Manning's career, he started 2014 on fire and was back in the MVP race, then there was an abrupt slowdown mid-season and by the last quarter of the year he was clearly washed. The way that happened all in one season was astonishing to watch...

The end is coming at some point, I'm not of the opinion LeBron has 4 or 5 high level years left, particularly given signs of decline were shown this year. I know he wants to stay to see Bronny possibly in The League with him, which the earliest would be 2023-24, that would be Year 21 for LeBron. So overall, at best, I see LeBron playing 4 more years max, and I definitely don't expect him to be a Top 10 player at that point...

LeBron's personality also strikes me as the type though, if a hard cliff hits him the way it did Manning, I cant see him overstaying his welcome if he's hurting his team, because that's what it was with Manning. He was a negative on the field and he coulda tried to rejuvenate in the offseason and come back in '16, but he knew he couldn't. The previous 1.5 seasons dating to mid-14 was enough evidence that the level he was used to playing at was gone forever. Similarly, "if" that strong of a decline hits LeBron, I can see him leaving before 2024, but I dont see him past 2024 period...

He's got 3-4 years left, sooner if he loses it all quickly, so to circle back to your original question, he's done winning MVPs. The idea that he could repeat this level of play in Year 18, there just is no precedent for it, I think he remains a Top 10 player but we start seeing more age and the upcoming season will see a strong shift to AD as the complete focus of the team...

I have enough faith in Pelinka that they are gonna retool to keep the Lakers in contention for the foreseeable future, so I dont necessarily think Bron is done winning championships. Its too early to predict they go b2b, but I can definitely see one more chip within the next 2-3 years. Anything more than one is asking a lot, expecting him to get to 6, when we know the landscape of the sport changes fast and he will be assuredly a declining asset going forward...

I say he gets one more ring, maybe it comes in his very last season like Manning, maybe it comes sooner. One more ring, no more MVPs though and when they win that ring he will easily not be the best player on that team, though maybe he wins FMVP with a throwback performance?

Like most others though, at this point I've seen everything I need to see from LeBron. Literally nothing that happens in his career from here forward can hurt him because there is not a single precedent of someone at Year 18 or later being relevant as an elite player. Hes already been greater for longer than anyone in the history of the sport. He showed me in his first 13 years what he was, if he never wins another title, irrelevant to me. If he wins a title but AD or someone else is the best player on the team, irrelevant to me. If he gets to another Finals and his squad loses, doesn't matter. If he finally loses a Rd1 series, or misses another playoffs, or loses in the Semis or WCF that he hasn't lost in, in well over a decade, doesn't matter...

He's the greatest basketball player I've ever seen with the Grand Canyon between him and the next closest guy(s) in my 21 years watching The Game, and objectively he's one of the two greatest players to ever play, and maybe he isnt #1. But nothing that happens from here will change that, and I'm looking forward to when the next historical peer comes along to put his name in the LeBron level of GOATness (and I think Luka really has a shot at becoming a Top 5-10 GOAT)....