If Bron wins his 5th ring/5th FMVP next year, back to back with LA. Would you consider him GOAT?

??

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%
  • He’s already the GOAT

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • He will never be the GOAT

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • They would be about equal

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Jordan
Pippen
Kukoc
Longley
Armstrong
Kerr
Perdue
Wennington

There's a good pack of talent there, but that roster loses every Finals from 1996 to 1998 just like they lost in 1995 to the Magic.

Horace Grant averaged 18 and 11 on 65% shooting against the Bulls in the 1995 ECSF. Can you imagine how badly Kemp and Malone would have destroyed that team? They NEEDED Rodman to come to control those guys inside.

Y'all hav this ridiculous god-like image of MJ as if he was inevitable when he won pretty close series every year from 1992 to 1998. Take away Grant or Rodman and he doesn't win the title any of those seasons. Even take away his role player shooters and it gets more difficult. And take away Pippen and he doesn't even come close.

Claiming that "any team" with MJ would win just because he won with great teams is silly.
Only on The Coli will I see Luc Longley, Bill Wennington and Will Perdue listed as a "good pack of talent." :dead:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Needs undefeated finals streak or close which he doesn't have :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Only on The Coli will I see Luc Longley, Bill Wennington and Will Perdue listed as a "good pack of talent." :dead:
Only on The Coli would you see a roster of Jordan-Pippen-Kukoc-Longley-Armstrong-Kerr-Wennington-Perdue" refrerred to as just "Longley, Wennington, and Perdue." :mjlol:

Utah was regularly running out Adam Keefe, Greg Ostertag, and Greg Foster as STARTERS and they were Chicago's biggest rivals. Seattle started Frank Brickowski. Longley was better than any of them. Chicago's depth was nice in that era.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. MJ never maneuvered from team to team to win rings. As soon as bron feels his title window is closed on one team, he immediately starts planning to build his next team.
yeah, Jordan on the other hand won all his rings with the same superstar teammate, same coach, same system, same front office, and the same NBA game (style-wise).

Mars

Superstar
Daps
At this point, winning championships and performing at a relatively high level are more important than winning FMVP's.....If Lebron doesn't win the FMVP but has a very good to great finals performance no one (except his haters) is going to care about him not winning finals MVP.....Jordan won FMVP's were he only shot 41 & 42% from the field.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This logic wouldn't sound so stupid if the teams he go to weren't absolute trash before he got there.
He rebuilds them, he doesn't play with the trash. He tried last year and didn't make the playoffs, so he recruits another superstar to play with him and they win the title, but it's all LeBron.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any team that has MJ is going to be favored in the finals. This is why dude is the goat
Like what point of reference are you using to prove that. Mj teams wasn't favored every year to make it to the finals. Yes the bulls were favored in the when they made it but, that wasn't just because of Jordan. It was because those bulls teams were the better overall team.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He rebuilds them, he doesn't play with the trash. He tried last year and didn't make the playoffs, so he recruits another superstar to play with him and they win the title, but it's all LeBron.
So if he recruits these players then what advantage does it give him to start from scratch why doesn't he just recruit them with the team he's already with? Seems to me that would be a easier route? Why go back to bum cleveland where free agents didn't want to part of? Why not stay in south beach with goat riley? Why go to LA which been in a disarray and no free agents wasnt trying to go there? I'm trying to figure what advantage would be gained starting over with teams that weren't having success for years building a roster up before his arrival.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So if he recruits these players then what advantage does it give him to start from scratch why doesn't he just recruit them with the team he's already with? Seems to me that would be a easier route? Why go back to bum cleveland where free agents didn't want to part of? Why not stay in south beach with goat riley? Why go to LA which been in a disarray and no free agents wasnt trying to go there? I'm trying to figure what advantage would be gained starting over with teams that weren't having success for years building a roster up before his arrival.
Well considering every time he has done it he wins at least one championship, I’d say that would be the advantage

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well considering every time he has done it he wins at least one championship, I’d say that would be the advantage
I'm just saying if he can recruit who he wants like being said. What advantage does it give him doing it on franchises that were struggling before he got there? Why not just stay where he's at since he can get whoever he wants to come play with him.

Daps
I like Bron but I’m not a Stanley or blind witness so don’t do this. How did Bron get over his competition? He kept forming super teams to gain an advantage and still lost a bunch. How did MJ overcome his competition? He stayed with his team and got better and closer to the chip until he eventually overcame his competition. Bron is not a grinder, he likes overwhelming odds in his favor. I notice a trend about losing in the 1st round blah blah with these MJ v Bron discussions which makes no sense. Bron and MJ took about the same amount of years to start dominating as the top dog and consistently going to finals. No reasonable person thinks that MJ or Bron came into the NBA already the goat. We are comparing and contrasting their peak powers so winning or losing matters in the finals.

Homie he cant be the finals mvp in year 17 and simultaneously not be grinding. And lebron has only been an overwhelming favorite maybe 3 times in his career, and he lost 1 of those finals. Mj was the favorite in everything. Bron may have formed a couple super teams yes but he still stuck it out with the cavs and lakers when they sucked ass until his contract ran out and or got AD

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Like what point of reference are you using to prove that. Mj teams wasn't favored every year to make it to the finals. Yes the bulls were favored in the when they made it but, that wasn't just because of Jordan. It was because those bulls teams were the better overall team.
You already answered your own question. I said any team that has MJ in the finals is favored which is a factual statement 6-0. That was because of Jordan