If all guns were banished and all we had for weapons was Swords/Blades what kind would u choose?

Which Sword would you choose?

• Total voters

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Give me the boomerang knives Blade was rocking in 1998 (yes I know they aren’t real) but they would double as claws, projectile weapons, and defense hand weapons all in one. It would force your opponent to try to chop your hand off which isn’t easy

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
chinese fire lances are spears so ima go with that. spear, shotgun and flamethrower all in one? :mjlit:
tumblr_inline_plqokrKj021si52o4_540.jpg

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Spears take less time to train and they out range most melee weapons. It doesn't matter how well trained you are with a katana, you won't strike a spearman unless the spearman fukks up.

This is why spear formations were used, world wide, up until the 16th century and into the firearm age. Get 1000 man in a tight formation with their spears up:dame: and they were nearly unstoppable. We'd still be fighting like this if it weren't for guns.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps

That spear work.

Impressive. Another great thing about the spear is you don't even really need a ton of training to be effective with it unlike pretty much every other kind of melee weapon.

EDIT:
Spears take less time to train and they out range most melee weapons. It doesn't matter how well trained you are with a katana, you won't strike a spearman unless the spearman fukks up.

This is why spear formations were used, world wide, up until the 16th century and into the firearm age. Get 1000 man in a tight formation with their spears up:dame: and they were nearly unstoppable. We'd still be fighting like this if it weren't for guns.
I missed this post before but this mf spittin

:salute:

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Probably katana.

Seems pound-for-pound to have the widest use case: short or long range, can wield with one hand for agility, two hands to strike with power, quick, sturdy, can conceal, lightweight to travel with or fight long term with, etc.

Plus there are a ton of techniques.

Spear next up, as long as you don't let them in close.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Probably katana.

Seems pound-for-pound to have the widest use case: short or long range, can wield with one hand for agility, two hands to strike with power, quick, sturdy, can conceal, lightweight to travel with or fight long term with, etc.

Plus there are a ton of techniques.

Spear next up, as long as you don't let them in close.

Depends, you come up on someone with a decent skill with the broadsword/plate armor that boy getting snapped in half. BUT if we assume that people aren't armored, Katana totally the way to go.
I feel like I'd have a Katana on the hip but a spear if I know it's about to get froggy. A six-foot spear is the bane of a swordsman's existance.