If all guns were banished and all we had for weapons was Swords/Blades what kind would u choose?

Which Sword would you choose?

• Total voters

Lotsford

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yea japan's own historical which fail to post because the don't exists , just random site that doesn't site anything as facts lmao, there no records, which is why you can't post any

The same link posted is fool of quotes saying the opposite of what you were trying to prove but you ignore that because you only look for things that support your argument that's why you can never be on the factual side because you don't look at all the evidence

I already had a debate with someone using those same quotes lmao

Samurai's wore full armor

0949.jpg

A rapier is not getting through that shyt

Samurai's fight on a battlefield lmao, a rapier is a civilian weapon, a katana can cut through armor, its like comparing a street guns to military arms its ridiculous to even suggest

If you're bringing armor into the question, it becomes a different situation. In that case, the katana would beat a rapier. But samurai didn't conduct duels in armor, they didn't wear it all the time. If you take armor out of the equation, then the rapier would win. The katana was not a weapon made with dueling in mind. It's a two handed weapon made for fighting on a battlefield. The rapier is one handed and was made for dueling in mind.

Manga Reader

I known it's manga but it's written based off of a book called Suruga-jō Gozen Jiai by Norio Nanjō and attempts to give an accurate depiction of Japanese society in the Edo period. Even Japanese authors know of the situation regarding rapiers and the Portuguese when dealing with Kenjutsu. If you got 2 unarmored fighters in a duel, the rapier is gonna win 9/10. If you factor armor in the katana is going to win.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Well I just found a loophole within the law

s-l300.jpg

I'd use the mini crossbow with the Kusarigama, my tactic would be to chain swords from a distance where I have the advantage and then shoot the opponent while struggling to release their sword.

kusarigama-chain-and-sickle-ninja-samurai-japanese.jpg

I'd use these for trapping, or use while on the run to scare pursers or delay pursuers.
72-5-Makibishi.jpg