If a HUSBAND is not capable of having his WIFE quit her job or RETIRE ..he is an UNDERACHIVER to HER

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im assuming probably white or a bedwench

Either way..... A man def have to make more to gain respect..... But at the same that don't mean let her use u

BGLR1212000

Rookie
Daps
In a sad way, she's right. You need to be making 70k bUT that's not so she can sit on her ass too.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
I kind of agree as a man its your job to support your wife. Not saying your girl or anything but if you make her your wife...

Wife needs to stay home, handle the household and children.

Imean I don't get why people are so against men supporting their families? That's what they are supposed to do

Because it's not 1950 anymore, would be the main reason. Women couldn't up and leave and leave you holding the bag financially after she destroys your income and retirement to go lay up with another nikka on your dime.

This is how equality works. You want to be my equal, take your equal ass to work.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
:ehh:

Sounds like she doesn't want kids and wants to be around :mjpls: folks all day.....

I actually do want children and a career. It's possible, because I've seen the women in my family have both, and both thrive. You must have not read all that I wrote that explains my reasoning for why I think the way that I do, but I'm secure in my reasoning. It's easy to speculate when you only have pieces of a story, but I'll let you tell it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually do want children and a career. It's possible, because I've seen the women in my family have both, and both thrive. You must have not read all that I wrote that explains my reasoning for why I think the way that I do, but I'm secure in my reasoning. It's easy to speculate when you only have pieces of a story, but I'll let you tell it.

And I will...... :youngsabo:

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
after an "intimate" conversation with somebody's Wife..I've come to the realization

if your unable to let them be a stay at home mom..or ETERNAL housewife who just shops and provides her husband company and "support" it's safe to say she see you as a FAILURE

And Mostly Explains why she is sooo MISERABLE in yall HAPPY MARRIAGE
:francis:

#thesehoesdontwannawork

#theydontwannapartnership

#theywannasponsorship

#GMB

:what: this ain't 1952 :laff:

the only women who believe they shouldn't work are bum bytches

trust me...when a woman say she wants a real man to take care of her that is a code word for sucker

Last edited:

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
ugh...I'm talking about for a FAMILY. You're telling me that you can pay a mortgage, car note and car repairs for TWO cars , student loans, the high cost of food, house repairs, appliance and house general upkeep and maintenance ( like gutters, roofing, lawncare, painting, remodeling etc) saving for you AND your wife's retirement ( if you insist that she has no job remember YOU are agreeing to provide a safe financial future for her into old age, and getting old is EXPENSIVE), healthcare and dental care, a child and 25-40k college tuition for just an undergrad, not discount illnesses, vacations, childcare, clothing, makeup, hair cuts, braces, Internet, cell phone etc on 40k a year???? This has nothing to do with anything other than the cost of living that continues to increase and the cost of college/retirement that increases as well(and impending healthcare needs in old age for not just YOU but your WIFE- so maybe 1-2 mill if you both plan on living to 85...this isn't 1955. Have you done the actual math?:martin:

You don't get it if you can't EARN 100k or whatever a year then u DON'T have those things.

U talk like having student loans, two cars, mortgages, etc a RIGHT or something.

You get ALOT of people THEN in the "50s" and now don't NEED or have all of that.

If you can't afford it you live within ur means.

Smh the entitlement nowadays man!!! $

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
Because it's not 1950 anymore, would be the main reason. Women couldn't up and leave and leave you holding the bag financially after she destroys your income and retirement to go lay up with another nikka on your dime.

This is how equality works. You want to be my equal, take your equal ass to work.

It's marriage I'm referring to and if you want to live ur life ASSUMING ur wife is going to up and cheat have fun. I don't have time to stress over things out of my control anyway.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Nah I started school early and got good connections. PhD work is 80% making connections and getting ur name out there. I literally went through a program in undergrad the kinda molded us for tenure. There is a database of participating professors that help other graduates get tenured positions at universities. Besides which even associate professor make great money and the research grants out there along with other professional opportunities is a huge win. Most of my female professors live the good life. Literally holding seminars at professor's homes so they have the luxury of being with their children. Sabbaticals, honorariums, getting flown out and paid thousands just to speak at a conference.

I know because I was the event planner for a program at a university. Just to hire graduates to speak to our students for a weekend was a $5,000 honorarium.

It's an entire world out there. That's why people wanna work at the university. And did I mention the flexibility of the schedule?! University schedule? Fall break, winter break, spring break, teach Monday, Wednesday, Friday and have office hours after class and I'm off for the rest of the day?!

If you like research and writing, I can't think of a better job.
The university is very accommodating to working families.

You'll more than likely be out of childbearing years by the time that happens, fyi.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Nah I started school early and got good connections. PhD work is 80% making connections and getting ur name out there. I literally went through a program in undergrad the kinda molded us for tenure. There is a database of participating professors that help other graduates get tenured positions at universities. Besides which even associate professor make great money and the research grants out there along with other professional opportunities is a huge win. Most of my female professors live the good life. Literally holding seminars at professor's homes so they have the luxury of being with their children. Sabbaticals, honorariums, getting flown out and paid thousands just to speak at a conference.

I know because I was the event planner for a program at a university. Just to hire graduates to speak to our students for a weekend was a $5,000 honorarium.

It's an entire world out there. That's why people wanna work at the university. And did I mention the flexibility of the schedule?! University schedule? Fall break, winter break, spring break, teach Monday, Wednesday, Friday and have office hours after class and I'm off for the rest of the day?!

Well said. This about sums it up greatly.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY

Being a hacker for hire is similar to this sort of schedule, except way more self-directed and you can work whenever the mood strikes you once your name is sufficiently known as the dude to call when shyt hits the fan to enough people who write checks.