If a HUSBAND is not capable of having his WIFE quit her job or RETIRE ..he is an UNDERACHIVER to HER

Wario

Banned
Daps
I'm kinda torn on this subject.

Since I'm first generation American, I believe that the man should be the provider and main breadwinner of his family. My dad has 7 children and my other stayed at home to take care of us well into my teens. Best believe my father did everything in his power to provide for all of us until my parents agreed that she should go to school and eventually get a job.

But I also recognize that it's extremely unfair to limit women to domestic work just because of their gender. Girls have career goals and aspirations just like boys do, and are often times more driven than men. I know tons of boss black women that are very successful and take pride in their success. Their strides should not only be applauded, but encouraged. Black people are a financially marginalized group so we need as many bread winners as possible to accrue generational wealth

The whole stay at home wife has never been a reality for black american women anyway. Black women in this country have never had that luxury and have had to work as hard as black men in America. shyt, harder because their work didn't end when they clocked out of their 9-5, they had to maintain a household and be responsible for the people in it, which is a job in itself.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing domestic work and taking care of the kids (which is a mighty CHORE to do itself that has no financial benefits, but mostly spiritual and moral satisfaction from the mother). It's better than always having education and getting a career shoved in your face because since you are a woman, you're expected to do better than men and prove to the world that you're breaking away from "bad" traditional rules. Personally, I don't care for getting a high education and getting a hard working career. Nothing would make me happier but just staying with my husband, pleasing him, and raising my fruits.

Realistically, I'd probably get a minor education and have a home business on the side.

My future husband doesn't mind my lack of career/education ambition, but it doesn't mean I'll be a lazy ass while he does everything and just watch soap operas. Being a housewife and a wife, who must please her husband and raise her children, is a big chore in itself. And Modern America can't see that, and that's sad.

Daps
Then why do you as a male still expect to lead?

Simple a man at his highest level helps a women be at her highest level. A women dosent respect or want to be with a low level man...it's nature. Everything in this life has a place wither we like or not. Men have to go back to being renissance men plan and simple. It just something about watching an alpha Male lead his family to understand the BIGGER picture. Ironically our government dosent want a man in the house...and these type of conversation don't help. A women will always respect a man that lead will be attracted to a man that leads. I just don't believe our society want alpha males or renissance men.

Wario

Banned
Daps
Simple a man at his highest level helps a women be at her highest level. A women dosent respect or want to be with a low level man...it's nature. Everything in this life has a place wither we like or not. Men have to go back to being renissance men plan and simple. It just something about watching an alpha Male lead his family to understand the BIGGER picture. Ironically our government dosent want a man in the house...and these type of conversation don't help. A women will always respect a man that lead will be attracted to a man that leads. I just don't believe our society want alpha males or renissance men.

why a renaissance man? why not VICTORIAN?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I disagree.