If a HUSBAND is not capable of having his WIFE quit her job or RETIRE ..he is an UNDERACHIVER to HER

YBM

Pro
Daps
Man.. the major money makers in modern society has wreaked havoc on damn near everything.. they got everyone fighting amongst themselves instead of stepping back and looking at the broader picture.

50 years ago, a man could easily support him family while his wife stayed home and took care of the kids/home. Today it takes both parents putting in 40 hours weeks just keep the lights on and food on the table, that not including the 2nd job of raising kids that you don't have the time for... and they wonder why millennials aren't buying houses, having kids and raising families.. it's a nightmare. What was the norm then, is now a fairy tale in modern society.. it's not longer feasile for the average man to have a wife who stays at home and takes care of the kids unless she has a stay at home job.. at a time where there's more money being made than ever before.. yet the only people we fight with is ourselves.

This is real spit right here. The dollar ain't what it used to be. A dollar isn't even really worth a dollar lol.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Some of yall are using revisionist history in here. Neither one of my grandmothers even learned to drive. Lol. They didn't have jobs. When blue collar jobs were abundant and we actually had a middle class in this country, black women stayed at home just like other women. :dahell:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I could easily support my wife if she decided to stay home. Good thing one of the prerequisites I had for a wife was intelligence and she knows we can do a lot more with 200k a year than 100k.

Also have y'all noticed regular ass broke chicks be happy as hell and have no problems finding a husband. It's these new age don't need a man financially chicks out here making up rules for dating and marriage that are struggling to keep a man.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
See I live that old school family morals....it takes a village to raise a child. My wife's parents live 10 mins from us...our kids go there after school and I get them at 4pm everyday. So they get to go to school, spend time with their grandparents then come home to us. I'm blessed and I know everyone can't live live that....but even if they weren't there we would at least have my wife working part time some where.

:jawalrus:

I know this guy right now that his lady wants to be a at home mom...the kid is 14! So she is stressing him out to get a higher paying job so she can stay home. Now what in the hell will she be doing g all day....:patrice:.....the kid goes to school 8-4pm...he gets off at 5pm. :martin:

I know whats going to happen:steviej:but my man can't see that train coming.

Yeah it's a wrap for your homeboy.

:snoop:

Linc

Too tired to sleep
Daps
probably won't ever happen and I'm ok with that but as far as I'm concerned this shyt is a partnership, I want someone to team up against the world with not some fukking trophy wife who thinks she deserves everything handed to her because of genetics.

We should both be trying to get money for us like fukk everyone else, we should both have similar goals etc. and we should both have each others back with everything.

So as far as around the house stuff and cooking etc. it's whoever has more time to do it that day or we do it together or whatever.

If it's kids and we both working and one has to go to part-time it's whoever it makes most sense to do so. Whoever can do it without hurting their career, or who is going to take the least damage from it.

I feel like none of this is complicated and the single biggest problem with relationships in our society is entitlement..on both ends.

edit: obviously while she's going through pregnancy and immediately after birth it's not 50/50 for awhile. If the actual relationship I described was there though this wouldn't be a factor due to common sense

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
I could easily support my wife if she decided to stay home. Good thing one of the prerequisites I had for a wife was intelligence and she knows we can do a lot more with 200k a year than 100k.

Also have y'all noticed regular ass broke chicks be happy as hell and have no problems finding a husband. It's these new age don't need a man financially chicks out here making up rules for dating and marriage that are struggling to kee
p a man.

But those groups of women have a higher divorce rate compared to more educated women.

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ideally I'd never marry someone who makes under $100k and I am a male. Life just costs money and I Don't wanna support another grown ass person. Not to mention after tax, that $100k aint much

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
So we are going to ignore the fact that Michelle Obama made more money than Barack Obama for 18 out of their 23 years in marriage. Barack Obama as president was the first time he made more money than Michelle Obama. Look at their Salary structures when they first met ( in today's numbers)

Sidley Austin Law firm

MICHELLE Obama: Was a third year associate, When Onama was a Summer Intern. If that was today's numbers, It would be the equivalent of Michelle Obama making 195,000 dollars ( Third year associate salary). And Obama making 6,000 as a summer Intern ( intern salary).

Chicago Community Hospital

Michelle Obama was making 325,000 as director of a community hospital, when Obama was making 162,000 dollars as a senator.

Here's a question people don't ask. Sasha And Malia, grew up in a high weslthy neighborhood; but that n!gga, Obama was a community Organizer and Adjunct professor. You think Barack Obama was affording that lifestyle as a community Organizer and professor? :mjlol: You can make a argument Michelle Obama " Indpendence to work", is what got Obama elected. Because of Michelle Obama making a lot of money, Obama ( Barack) entered community organizing full time, which led to the following.

His community organizing --> Led his name being known--> which lead to House of representative--> Which led to being a senator--> Then president.

Looking for Michelle Obama and Claire Huxtable. Not Atl housewives.

Last edited:
Daps
Stupid shyt. Even if you can afford for your wife to sit on her ass all day think about how much more you can accomplish if your both out there getting money.

How much more property you can acquire and more wealth you can pass to future generations. nikkas content with just having "enough" FOH

....think about the businesses yall could start together .

Daps
You guys... Lol.

You don't want a woman to depend on you financially . You don't want a career driven woman, you'll be just as happy with that part -time waitress or a woman who works in retail because beauty and youth are all that matters. You want to be the leader of the home. You want to know what she brings to a table you want to have full and total control over. You want her to work, stay in the gym, cook clean, raise kids, and sex on demand. You want her to retain those feminine delicate qualities of a woman who is well kept and only has to worry about staying beautiful and docile to her man.

I'm going to bed.

...dont say you guys :stopitslime:

Wario

Banned
Daps
That mentality is stupid. I'm not here to be a workhorse while you don't do shyt. Its repulsive. Especially since I don't want kids

Well, considering you don't want kids. Any decent, feminine woman wouldn't bother with you. Your type would be the estrogenlly-challenged morally castrated work business type, which is the type that prefers independence and her job over you anyway.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well, considering you don't want kids. Any decent, feminine woman wouldn't bother with you. Your type would be the estrogenlly-challenged morally castrated work business type, which is the type that prefers independence and her job over you anyway.
Ridiculous.