If a HUSBAND is not capable of having his WIFE quit her job or RETIRE ..he is an UNDERACHIVER to HER

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Nah,....Blackmen are the most liberal and the most open to the egalitarian relationships that women claim they want.

They are because it benefits them. No one is going to cosign something against their interests.

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
I never claimed they are harder working than other races and you are right they dont have the option not to work.

You insinuated that black women are more independent than women of other races, like that's something they do naturally. Like it's not because black men refuse to take care of them.

If a man offered to take care of you, would you turn it down? Probably not. I know you have too much pride to say it, but I've no reason to believe that you would object to such an arrangement.

I've met a handful of women who genuinely like being independent. These are exceptionally bright people and lucky people who have careers that they're passionate about. They tend to be very liberal about gender roles, family structures, etc. They do not spend ample amounts of time nagging black men about building strong families, being better providers, etc.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
You insinuated that black women are more independent than women of other races, like that's something they do naturally. Like it's not because black men refuse to take care of them.

If a man offered to take care of you, would you turn it down? Probably not. I know you have too much pride to say it, but I've no reason to believe that you would object to such an arrangement.

I've met a handful of women who genuinely like being independent. These are exceptionally bright people and lucky people who have careers that they're passionate about. They tend to be very liberal about gender roles, family structures, etc. They do not spend ample amounts of time nagging black men about building strong families, being better providers, etc.

I reread my post and maintain that i didnt make it sound that bw are harder working than other races. I said that they are hard working. I am the biggest advocate of marriage/relationship because life is hard for one person to do it all on one's own, man or woman. I am not an advocate of ' I am independent' brigade. However, I don't believe that women should be entirely financially dependent on a man even if he is her husband. I am not nagging black men to be better providers/build families. If we are to prosper...we (women and men) need to build better foundation for our families.

No woman regardless of her financial background would be ok with men that either dont work or do not aspire to work. Or leave the responsibility of raising kids to someone else...i don't care how liberal these women claim to be.

I ain't nagging no bm i know that bm will do as they please for better or worse. I just need to ensure that none of them will do so at my expense.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: YBM

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
so where will your children be when your wife is at work?

See I live that old school family morals....it takes a village to raise a child. My wife's parents live 10 mins from us...our kids go there after school and I get them at 4pm everyday. So they get to go to school, spend time with their grandparents then come home to us. I'm blessed and I know everyone can't live live that....but even if they weren't there we would at least have my wife working part time some where.

:jawalrus:

I know this guy right now that his lady wants to be a at home mom...the kid is 14! So she is stressing him out to get a higher paying job so she can stay home. Now what in the hell will she be doing g all day....:patrice:.....the kid goes to school 8-4pm...he gets off at 5pm. :martin:

I know whats going to happen:steviej:but my man can't see that train coming.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
See I live that old school family morals....it takes a village to raise a child. My wife's parents live 10 mins from us...our kids go there after school and I get them at 4pm everyday. So they get to go to school, spend time with their grandparents then come home to us. I'm blessed and I know everyone can't live live that....but even if they weren't there we would at least have my wife working part time some where.

I know this guy right now that his lady wants to be a at home mom...the kid is 14! So she is stressing him out to get a higher paying job so she can stay home. Now what in the hell will she be doing g all day....:patrice:.....the kid goes to school 8-4pm...he gets off at 5pm. :martin:

That's unfair to the husband. Very unfair....especially if she has no legitimit reason to stay home and make no money.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

:mjcry:

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
That's unfair to the husband. Very unfair....especially if she has no legitimit reason to stay home and make no money.

But at the end of the day you gotta let a SIMP be a SIMP:francis:

I'm not in the business of saving grown ass men...I told him what I saw coming down the line. It's up to him to steer his life. Good luck to him :mjcry:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
I'm kinda torn on this subject.

Since I'm first generation American, I believe that the man should be the provider and main breadwinner of his family. My dad has 7 children and my other stayed at home to take care of us well into my teens. Best believe my father did everything in his power to provide for all of us until my parents agreed that she should go to school and eventually get a job.

But I also recognize that it's extremely unfair to limit women to domestic work just because of their gender. Girls have career goals and aspirations just like boys do, and are often times more driven than men. I know tons of boss black women that are very successful and take pride in their success. Their strides should not only be applauded, but encouraged. Black people are a financially marginalized group so we need as many bread winners as possible to accrue generational wealth

The whole stay at home wife has never been a reality for black american women anyway. Black women in this country have never had that luxury and have had to work as hard as black men in America. shyt, harder because their work didn't end when they clocked out of their 9-5, they had to maintain a household and be responsible for the people in it, which is a job in itself.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Man.. the major money makers in modern society have wreaked havoc on damn near everything.. they got everyone fighting amongst themselves instead of stepping back and looking at the broader picture.

50 years ago, a man could easily support his family while his wife stayed home and took care of the kids/home. Today it takes both parents putting in 40 hours weeks just keep the lights on and food on the table, that's not including the 2nd job of raising kids that you don't have the time for... and they wonder why millennials aren't buying houses, having kids and raising families.. it's a nightmare. What was the norm then, is now a fairy tale in modern society.. it's not longer feasible for the average man to have a wife who stays at home and takes care of the kids unless she has a stay at home job.. at a time where there's more money being made than ever before.. yet the only people we fight with is ourselves.

Last edited: