ICE Raids in Mississippi’s Chicken Country Create Opportunity for Black Residents

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So, we should just turn down these jobs is what you're saying?

Go get your job.

There's a clearly a labor shortage.

The job is hard and sucks and the companies clearly only care about their bottomline.

The only US citizen they could find who likes his job is a child.

One guy liked the job but lived 75 miles away and was fired for being late too many times.

Do you just not comprehend what is in the article?

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Go get your job.

There's a clearly a labor shortage.

The job is hard and sucks and the companies clearly only care about their bottomline.

The only US citizen they could find who likes his job is a child.

One guy liked the job but lived 75 miles away and was fired for being late too many times.

Do you just not comprehend what is in the article?

- Nothing in the article states that they interviewed all workers and only managed to find 1 who was happy to get a job
- Do you think people enjoy being unemployed?

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
- Nothing in the article states that they interviewed all workers and only managed to find 1 who was happy to get a job
- Do you think people enjoy being unemployed?

are you slow?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bruh I already tried showing people about how even temp labor in major cities discriminates against black people in favor of illegals :wow:

When companies hire temp workers by race, black applicants lose out | Reveal

Discrimination suit alleges black applicants passed by for temp jobs
You're such a slimy piece of shyt. You benefit from people not reading the stories you link.

The first story isn't really even about "illegals" but racist hiring practices, racist clients and racist managers at that particular agency.

But that focus on customer service can be treacherous. When its clients wanted to hire temp workers based on race, sex or age, Automation was happy to oblige, according to dozens of former employees.

Often, the practice was blatant. A manager at a Georgia manufacturing plant asked Christie Ragland not to send him “any black thugs,” she said. Ragland, a former Automation office manager until early 2015, said her boss told her to give the client what he wanted. And in Memphis, Tennessee, Josie Hernandez said her branch manager would comment, “Don’t hire that damn ******,” and ordered her to send only Latinos to a flower delivery company.

Other times, Automation staff members used veiled language. At the company’s Chattanooga, Tennessee, branch, a request for white men was known as an order for “country boys,” according to three former employees.

Whether it was a preference for Latino workers or for whites only, the people on the losing end usually were black, according to former employees at branches in six states. Automation would send out black workers – to the employers who would accept them, they said. Sometimes, they were channeled into inferior positions. And if there wasn’t an opening at willing companies that day, black workers would be out of luck.

In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, former Automation recruiter Vicki Anselmo said her branch manager used “the N-word like it’s just second language for her.” And employers always got what they wanted, she said, whether it was clean-cut white men or black men without tattoos or skinny women. “They’d be like, ‘Vicki, you know what I’m looking for,’ ” she said.

At an Automation branch in Houston, Jaime Herrington said she was told to have workers come into the office under the ruse that they needed to pick up a map to the job location. In reality, it was to find out the job seeker’s skin color.

If they were black,” Herrington wrote in a LinkedIn message, “we had to tell them the job was cancelled or already filled by another recruiter.”"

"The disparities can sow mistrust and resentment among workers.

When Elizabeth Shaw started working as a temp for LG years ago, she said most of the workers were black or white – “Americans,” as she called them. Then came “the illegals,” she said.

“You’d look up and see people getting laid off. Then they’d bring in 30 Hispanics,” she said. “They found out they could get more work and longer hours out of them and pay them less money.

The second story is similar.

Joseph Sellers, chair of the civil rights and employment practice at Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll who is co-counsel for the plaintiffs said that much of the discrimination was based on "a series of stereotypes about African Americans and Latinos," including that Latinos are immigrants that are less likely to complain about low pay or bad working conditions out of fear.

The lawsuit contains statements from former MVP employees, including Rosa Ceja, who was an on-site manager at one of MVP's client companies in Illinois. "I know that certain clients of MVP do not want African Americans assigned to work at their company and that MVP has a policy of accommodating these requests," Ceja said in her statement. She added that she had been "yelled at" if she assigned black workers to a client.

It's almost like the "job creators" are the [main] problem.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

With fewer undocumented workers to hire, U.S. farmers are fueling a surge in the number of legal guest workers

To fill those positions, employers have turned to temporary visa programs that recruit workers in Mexico and Central America. Since 2016, the number of U.S. agricultural visas has grown from 165,000 to 242,000, a record high, according to the Labor Department. Amid an intractable debate over immigration and border security, America’s labor force is quietly being transformed, as many employers see no choice but to shift from illegal to legal labor.

Visa recruiters are now driving into remote villages in Mexico, broadcasting their hiring sprees on portable radios, loudspeakers and Facebook ads. In rural America, farmers are converting hotels into dormitories for visiting Mexican apple-pickers.

Despite his claim that immigrants take jobs away from Americans, President Trump has touted the guest worker program, acknowledging the difficulty in finding American manual laborers and pledging to make it easier for farmers to hire workers legally.

There is no such limit for workers on agricultural visas, and U.S. employers apply to bring in workers for up to 10 months per year on unskilled visas for agriculture, known as H-2A visas.

“Without them there would be no broccoli or lettuce,” said Tony Tew, an area manager for Foothill Packing, a labor contractor in Yuma, Ariz. “They want to come here to work, and they work hard.”

There is perhaps no better example of the confluence of border security and America’s labor supply than Yuma, known as the “Winter Salad Bowl” of the United States, where lettuce and broccoli are grown a few miles from the border fence. Before the government increased its enforcement — with fencing, additional agents and harsher jail sentences — farmers there once relied on a steady stream of undocumented workers. But this harvest season, there are an estimated 3,800 H-2A workers in the city, almost all from Mexico, up from 2,858 in 2016, according to Yuma officials.

It's almost like employers are against paying domestic workers a livable wage.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Again... How are we "fighting for scraps" with mufuggas that are NOT supposed to be here???

:mindblown:
Because....
We are fighting against illegal immigrants
For low wage jobs.

I don't understand your cognitive dissonance

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I disagree with your framing of ICE deporting illegal immigrants as black people "fighting" Mexicans. Stop blaming Black people for what ICE does.

We are not "pulling down" or stealing anything from Mexicans when ICE comes in and removes them.

That is between the illegals and the US Government, not Black people and illegals.

Besides, there would be nothing wrong with Black people fighting illegal migrants for jobs in their own country, just like the illegal migrants are fighting for Black jobs.
Exactly. No other country would allow illegals aliens to compete for citizens for local jobs, but people want to act as if this is okay. fukk outta here

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
insults aren't arguments

if you can't defend why black people getting getting jobs or a 57% pay raise is a bad thing, insulting my intelligence doesn't help your case

Based on the article it doesn't sound like there is a labor pool. You're ignorantly choosing to ignore that.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Then why do some people think the illegal immigrants are the problem?
if there is a choice between going after a minority for something vs going after a white business owner who do you think folks are going to go after?

Until these businesses start getting punished I refuse to believe any of this is serious. In the grand scale these raids are accomplishing very little.