i would like to apologize in advance: i couldn't get into The Last of US

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Last of Us gets high praise because it's extremely well put together and greater than the sum of its parts because all of its parts fit together perfectly. shyt is expertly crafted.

It's a simple story (Can a man who lost everything learn to love again) but it's acted and performed AMAZINGLY well and supplemented by the game mechanics. Joel isn't a crack shot because gun fights aren't incentivized. Moving, aiming, and shooting in a hectic fight is hard as fukk. Close quarters combat is brutal, aggressive, and quick because that's the kinda person Joel is.

You later find out that Joel has done horrible things and that even other characters describe him as savage/crazy even among this world.

A lot of the perceived clunkiness of the gameplay is a design choice and it fits perfectly with the experience it's trying to craft.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Nah breh, I feel you.

I mean I like it. But was it the greatest game I've ever played? No.

Secondly, I'm kind of annoyed it has spawned this whole genre of movie games.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I thought it was alright. I'm not a real big fan of movie games, and definitely not a fan of zombies games. Both are boring trends.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
No need to apologize, it's videogames. The controls, design and visual/audio feedback either come together and feel good in a person's brain, or don't. :smugbiden:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nah breh, I feel you.

I mean I like it. But was it the greatest game I've ever played? No.

Secondly, I'm kind of annoyed it has spawned this whole genre of movie games.
TLOU absolutely did not start the cinematic wave of games. Metal Gear Solid did it 2 console gens before it. Before that you had games like Final Fantasy 7 that gave us CG cutscenes as rewards for making to certain parts of the game. I fully believe that the story heavy games we see today are what many game makers have always wanted to make but they just didn't have the tech to do it like they can now. Just look at the walls upon walls of text in older games. It's obvious story was always meant to be a crucial aspect of the gaming experience as a whole.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Excellent story I mean excellent but gameplay was overrated I will admit and the ending was garbage. The love affair is because of the story and I am excited for part 2

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
One of the goat games. Based on the hard time you had with horizon I suspect you didn't like the last of us because it was too hard for you. Going from a fast paced game like Horizon to the last of us is a huge change. The last of us is a stealth/survival game through and through and punishes you for playing any other way. I'll offer the advice I gave you when you first complained about Horizon; lower the difficulty.
:russ: lol this nikka got to play games on easy mode on some soft shyt

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:wtf::dahell:3 months ago you were 35 years old and hadn't gamed since 2004.

giphy.gif

:ThisGuy:Someone get this senile Bejamin Ducktales Button all the way the hell up outta' here :SCROOGEJUMP:
:laff:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No need to apologize, it's videogames. The controls, design and visual/audio feedback either come together and feel good in a person's brain, or don't. :smugbiden:

Nah, he's a sorry gamer with shyt opinions/taste. Apology is of utmost necessity.:smugfavre:

Last edited: