I wasn't alive during In Living Color, this shyt got me dying

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I think the movie"Bambozzled" by Spike Lee, was really based on the chance the Wayan family took when they created and released "In Living Color". The funny thing is, I never heard anybody say this. Anyway, from what I remember, that movie was about these Black actors taking a chance on releasing a show that featured Black comedy stereotypes that included blackface etc..., and by surprise it became a hit. But the Black actors who created it expected it to flop, and they wounded up very disappointed that this buffoonery was such a hit with Black and White audiences. Damon Wayan and Tommy Davidson even starred in this movie. The movie reminded me very much of the atmosphere when "In Living Color" was first released, and how a lot of Blacks felt the show sold us out. But the half who supported the show would nearly curse you out, because they thought the show was so funny.

When they made Bambozzled, they used the time right before the "Amos and Andy" error, when blackface was prevalent. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think the Wayans expected "In Living Color" to be a smash with as many Black people as it was.

Last edited:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Aint no other show like it. Every character shined on there. Not a single bland or tiresome character on there.

Only thing that came close to it was Chappelle Show.

Shows how garbage entertainment has turn into. From music to TV :francis:

Aint nothing like the 90s. From saturday morning cartoons, to blassic sitcoms. Evenings with The Simpsons and as i got a little older, Beavis and Butthead. Ren and stimpy another goated cartoon that would be banned today.

Damn this world is miserable now a days.. :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo I still can’t believe this shyt used to air on prime time tv :mjlol:

handy-man-flying.gif