I want to get into Jazz and understand it

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Listen to the giant steps album all the way through.

Jazz is about the unique harmonies an individual and put into rhythm amongst a definite, and greater collective.

Jazz is how black folks Express individualism, all inversions and subdivisions of the same chord progression. One cool drop of water in an ocean of blackness.

You get this

And then this

And it's the same. You'll get it because you want to get it. You got This:salute:

If the Lord bless me with a daughter. This is her name right here

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Find a artist you like and just start moving from there. I suggest Miles Davis(stay away from late Miles Davis until you’ve begun to appreciate Jazz more) or John Coltrane as a starting point. Internet radio stations are a great way to find new artists and those similar to what you like.

Also, I can’t recommend the Jazz documentary by Ken Burns enough. Watch it, it’s great.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Try these two, both modern, helped ease me into the genre

R-7383185-1440321952-9412.jpeg.jpg

MI0003569693.jpg

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps

Listen to the Prince if Darkness

And the voice of God

Find a artist you like and just start moving from there. I suggest Miles Davis(stay away from late Miles Davis until you’ve begun to appreciate Jazz more) or John Coltrane as a starting point. Internet radio stations are a great way to find new artists and those similar to what you like.

Also, I can’t recommend the Jazz documentary by Ken Burns enough. Watch it, it’s great.
Why is miles referred to as the prince of darkness?