I Wanna Deprive My Father of A Relationship With His Grandson

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
my story far from a Pixar movie. my perception has changed a lot the older I've become. lyfe is hard. people aint shyt. but people people. we all make mistakes.

like I stated unless you were abused in any fashion its not worth it to deprive your grandson. you can still keep your resentment n hate close; but sometime s we make sacrifices for the sake of our seeds. you don't have to build a relationship yourself but don't rob your kid.

You don’t reward negative and neglectful behavior

You don’t do it with a child, you don’t do it with an adult.

OP the same poster who admitted he lied about his mother being raped. Let that sink in for a minute. :francis:

And you and others have lied on me as well :manny:in typical snake like fashion I see you crawled out of whatever rock you been hiding under

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
The only surprising aspect of this statement is the fact that he didn’t make himself the rape victim.

Oh look the passive aggressive nerd nikka wants to pop in and talk shyt. The Ms. must been stingy with the cat so I guess you ornery this morning.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
The grace y'all wish your parents gave y'all, you need to give to them also. A lot of grandparents view their grandchildren as second-chances to correct their mistakes that they made with their own children. They're more experienced, wiser and are generally in a more secure position financially than they were with their children too. The same type of dynamic is present with parents of younger children compared to their older ones when there's a big age difference. :manny:

I think, deep down, that's why so many of our parents push us to have kids of our own, and a lot of times, it's the toxic parents that do the most pushing. We all make mistakes and have regrets in life, but being a great grandparent is their way of rectifying one of theirs.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Oh look the passive aggressive nerd nikka wants to pop in and talk shyt. The Ms. must been stingy with the cat so I guess you ornery this morning.

displacement-defense-mechanism.gif

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus

Once again, you just keep proving my point
You love to dish out that venom towards everyone else but the minute its thrown back to you, you buckle and can’t hack it so you try to play Dr. Phil

You not above shyt.

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
The grace y'all wish your parents gave y'all, you need to give to them also. A lot of grandparents view their grandchildren as second-chances to correct their mistakes that they made with their own children. They're more experienced, wiser and are generally in a more secure position financially than they were with their children too. The same type of dynamic is present with parents of younger children compared to their older ones when there's a big age difference. :manny:

I think, deep down, that's why so many of our parents push us to have kids of our own, and a lot of times, it's the toxic parents that do the most pushing. We all make mistakes and have regrets in life, but being a great grandparent is their way of rectifying one of theirs.

Agree to Disagree

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm not one to say you must ride with blood everytime regardless of anything.

If it's one thing I've come to see as an adult, it's this. Blood thicker than water is :duck:

If he had not been involved with you in anyway or was abusive physically or emotionally, I'd say keep him away because you don't want your son exposed to that dysfunction.

However, you said he was emotionally absent. Not good but not what I would rank up there with physical abuse and not on the level of mental abuse I would think would warrant cutting him out of parts of your life. Maybe your dad, wrongly maybe, has an old school view of how males should interact. He may think it's not right to act emotional with a male child while it's OK to do with a female child. There are some dudes out here who think hugging their son would make them soft or gay or something. Again, misguided but not necessarily malicious.

Have you ever asked your dad why he acted that way towards you? If so what was his explanation? I guess that would determine what I would say if you're being too harsh or not.

Edit: I see in your other response that it seems like your father has purposely made your life difficult and you did confront him about your feelings. You would know better than anyone what is over the line as far as this is concerned. If you feel you've given everything to make the relationship work and he slaps your hand at every turn then, it seems like he made an effort to distance himself from you. Given that, if you decide to keep him out of parts of your life I don't blame you. I wouldn't say you are wrong.
this

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I've been reading your threads for a lil minute...

Seems like you WILL harm someone eventually and blame it on your father since you don't want to answer the problem directly.

See if there’s one cycle I’ve broken over the years is getting into physical fights with people and threatening harm onto others

It was really really bad for me in my 20’s

But at 37, haven’t had any bumps in the road and I intend to hopefully keep it that way. Outside of my immediate family I come from good people and they would be crushed if I threw that all away

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
:whoa:Absolutely not

Every single man has issues with his father to varying degrees.
As women their mothers.

Whether it be insecurity, or in your case somewhat dominance.
Some men have super fathers, and wish to walk in their steps.
Some men have trash fathers, and resent them for that.

What we know for sure though, your son will have some sort of issue with you.
Whether he wants to fight you, or not able to be the man you are.