I Wanna Deprive My Father of A Relationship With His Grandson

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
My father wasn't that close to me growing up but doted on my nephew. The stuff my nephew got away with would get me a clip around the ear.

Spending time with my dad in his last days, he told me about his upbringing. It was so fukked up that I broke down and cried.

I finally understood why he was so distant. I was angry that it took until adulthood for him to tell me. But he was from a different generation where men didn't discuss their feelings.

In your case let your boy visit your dad, with you there. It may bring you and your dad closer as well
Y’all have to take this into account when criticizing your parents.

The world used to be a very cold and mean place before there were cameras everywhere and the internet.

Most men worked, drank, and died.

Daps
as I mentioned, my birth father has never deprived me not a single meal
nor has he not installed basic values
but that's where it ended.
there was no sense of love
there was nothing that made be proud of a man
who went above and beyond to cut my nuts off
at every turn he could

He fed you and gave you basic values. Go get the rest yourself and become who you want to be. You are a grown man capable of changing your life. If you didn't get the push you feel you needed, then give it to yourself right now.

And let that man (your father) spend time with his grandchild.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
People like OP will never understand.

I just wish I could have had one adult conversation with my father.

He was mostly absent and he was just passing thru when I did lay eyes on him. He died when I was 15 but I prolly hadn't spoken a word to him since I was like 9.

What you're describing sounds like paradise in comparison.

The relationship between your son and father is important for them both and how you feel is not that important in the scheme of it all.
Pain and trauma is not a competition.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Y’all have to take this into account when criticizing your parents.

The world used to be a very cold and mean place before there were cameras everywhere and the internet.

Most men worked, drank, and died.
Still is, we just have a front row seat.

All that pain and suffering goes somewhere regardless of what happened to them.

If they did not deal with it, it goes to you and continues until someone breaks the cycle.

Folks have every right to feel how they feel about it, I'm not in their head nor yours.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
My wife doesn't allow our son to be with her father unless we're present. I hear you OP. Some folks are toxic AF and you don't want that shyt rubbing off. Her father never gave grace to her or his wife. Abuse doesn't have to be physical.