I understand that content creation can be a job but it still looks stupid as fukk.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I hate the concept of "content creation" being just a bunch of camera holders and mic abusers, but never the other side of the coin:

• Musicians
  • Writers
  • Game Developers
  • etc
Technically, they are all creating content for consumption, rather it be mass or just a small following. As a inspiring marsupial that's trying to do such things himself, I understand the hustle and starting to see why old heads need to BTFO (coming from a :flabbynsick: myself). I would rather see dudes like the weirdo in the OP trying to create something, versus cogwheels getting upset at the counter because Old Lady McGee taking a long time to make an order for a cup of coffee.

We really need to just let well enough alone, its back enough folks can't really pursue dreams and creative aspects because society wants them to get a "real job".

Word to those affected by the shutting down of music classes, colleges that specialize in arts, and the continuous battle to kill libraries and public broadcasting.

That issue alone is the reason why hurt dreamers are killing inspiring dreamers. As a father of an ambitious son who loves art and creativity, I would rather see him fulfill his dreams, than being a bitter, broken old man trying to make a dollar out of a silver nickel.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Looks better than working a typical 9-5 until you’re 65 and can barely retire :manny:

the income of content creation is somewhat short sighted in most cases. u don't get benefits and u don't get retirement. furthermore, a lot of these creators are not saving any of their money for retirement or paying for benefits out of pocket.

those things do NOT appeal to me at all, which is why 99.999% of the time, it's not worth it, and the window of relevance is relatively short.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I hate the concept of "content creation" being just a bunch of camera holders and mic abusers, but never the other side of the coin:

• Musicians
  • Writers
  • Game Developers
  • etc
Technically, they are all creating content for consumption, rather it be mass or just a small following. As a inspiring marsupial that's trying to do such things himself, I understand the hustle and starting to see why old heads need to BTFO (coming from a :flabbynsick: myself). I would rather see dudes like the weirdo in the OP trying to create something, versus cogwheels getting upset at the counter because Old Lady McGee taking a long time to make an order for a cup of coffee.

We really need to just let well enough alone, its back enough folks can't really pursue dreams and creative aspects because society wants them to get a "real job".

Word to those affected by the shutting down of music classes, colleges that specialize in arts, and the continuous battle to kill libraries and public broadcasting.

That issue alone is the reason why hurt dreamers are killing inspiring dreamers. As a father of an ambitious son who loves art and creativity, I would rather see him fulfill his dreams, than being a bitter, broken old man trying to make a dollar out of a silver nickel.
No reason to hate it, that is simply harboring wasted energy

And you will find the basis of that hate is actually in innate feeling that resides within you that realizes that you could be doing the same thing rather easily if you would just make the effort, but therein lies the aversion ... Effort

There is a lot of merit to what you are saying it would be nice if content creators were people of more notable interest

But as the saying goes, never before has a generation so diligently documented themselves doing absolutely nothing

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
the income of content creation is somewhat short sighted in most cases. u don't get benefits and u don't get retirement. furthermore, a lot of these creators are not saving any of their money for retirement or paying for benefits out of pocket.

those things do NOT appeal to me at all, which is why 99.999% of the time, it's not worth it, and the window of relevance is relatively short.

Some heads just hate the grind aspect. Trust, that grind and trying to be better in the midst of an inflation and shyt economy kills dreams. Hence, why you gotta play it smart.

Ages ago, I was actually making a few bucks off of making music alone, but I just hated the grind. I hated the constant changes to music and plugins. I just settled for a gig. I remember being in front of a Mac and just fooling around with Garage Band during downtime and a coworker came up to me asking me if I did music.

I told them yeah and played them one of my beats from a tape I did when my mother passed. They were like :lupe: .

The moment I told them that some heads bought my shyt, but I just gave up on it:

"MANNN YOU STUPID" :why:

To this very day, my wife and so forth desire me to fulfill the business, but there's a matter of time and commitment. Its not going to happen overnight, but we are all dreamers in our own ways.

We need to just stop killing dreams because as a father I can be guilty of that, as my son lockjaws trying to do the absolute most, when I just want him to be a kid. Then reality hits me......I was just like him as a Joey :francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
No reason to hate it, that is simply harboring wasted energy

And you will find the basis of that hate is actually in innate feeling that resides within you that realizes that you could be doing the same thing rather easily if you would just make the effort, but therein lies the aversion ... Effort

There is a lot of merit to what you are saying it would be nice if content creators were people of more notable interest

But as the saying goes, never before has a generation so diligently documented themselves doing absolutely nothing

Square biz. I'm from the times when Joe blows were just doing Justin TV content off the whim of enjoying video games. Its amazing to see somebody fulfilling their dreams and you were the "little people". Reminds me of this jawn on YouTube that does these insightful docs on Michael Jackson.

I was one of the few that supported her from day zero when she was just doing record collection vdeos. Anywho, I gave her a shoutout and she actually remembered the support and even my old saying to her that she was the "real MVP".

Those things count in life. We really need that sort of support because deep inside we are all creators in our own way. I hate this trend of hurting people hurting people because their forefathers hurt them, and thus we are in a cold and callus world of cogwheels and doubters.

Reminds me of what ole boy said on Mr Hollands Opus:

Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want, Gene. Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pertinent.

but they will regret tho... a lot of content creators suffer burn out due to having a "job" that has no defined hours that expects you to be on all the time eventually. no privacy and constantly needing to upload to stay relevant. plus all that fanfare and following is not real love and it can turn in an instant. you should watch videos of content creators who burn out and when they have to go back to real jobs it's hard to adjust. with a little awareness you can be able to navigate this shyt better but there is no manual out there for this new arena.
See where y'all fukk up with these topics is trying to appear impartial but you reveal the passive aggressiveness every time

"but they will regret tho :mjgrin: " projecting that shyt onto everyone like that is hate 101

What you mentioned about burnout applies to any entrepreneur. There are small business owners going through all that same shyt. If you play in the rain you can get muddy:manny:

Again threads like these are so funny because nikkas end up in a circle jerk projecting misery on some shyt they don't like or agree with.

Y'all wanna play the "But most content creators are broke and miserable tho" game fine. But you know who else are overwhelmingly broke and miserable? The American work force. So what are we really talking about here?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
See where y'all fukk up with these topics is trying to appear impartial but you reveal the passive aggressiveness every time

"but they will regret tho :mjgrin: " projecting that shyt onto everyone like that is hate 101

What you mentioned about burnout applies to any entrepreneur. There are small business owners going through all that same shyt. If you play in the rain you can get muddy:manny:

Again threads like these are so funny because nikkas end up in a circle jerk projecting misery on some shyt they don't like or agree with.

Y'all wanna play the "But most content creators are broke and miserable tho" game fine. But you know who else are overwhelmingly broke and miserable? The American work force. So what are we really talking about here?
i said most are useless bums so there was nothing hidden brother.

you could call that creep that was posting here @Pdiddy a creator but he was taking upskirt pics and harassing women. the spectrum is too wide. the respect is narrow. if he has enough likes and follows he's as legitimate as others.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ask @Th3Birdman about it the daily of a content creator, I know someone that got into content creation and had some success and his content was even made into a thread, I never got into it because to get to that point it's WAYYYYYU more work and effort involved and then there's no guarantee you'll make serious $ and have any longevity

It definitely is FAR more work than people realize.

We are all different, but in general, my workflow is

1. Come up with a concept
2. Write a script (this can take anywhere from 2 days to a month or so, depending)
3. Perform the voiceover (I'm a voice actor so voiceovers are a part of my videos)
4. Shoot your footage
5. Edit the video

Here's a screenshot of the edit from my Rush Hour 2 video:

Screenshot-2024-07-24-at-10-24-12-AM.png

Every single cut you see here was painstakingly edited by me while I was on vacation in Japan. This was a 12 hour process (because I kept getting interrupted to get domed up by a lil thick Japanese ting but that's neither here nor there)

:mjgrin:
Screenshot-2024-07-24-at-10-31-13-AM.png

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
How do you think people in radio felt initially?

Literally the same shyt but in audio form, decades of talking into a mic with no feedback unless you had a cohost

atleast nowadays people can have a chat room and feed off of that
Touche

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

But let me ask you this, do you really think there are jobs and careers for the younger generation like that? Even when I was younger people were looking at how that whole "American dream" stuff was over with. The days of people getting into these 20 year careers and saving for retirement seems few.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
But let me ask you this, do you really think there are jobs and careers for the younger generation like that? Even when I was younger people were looking at how that whole "American dream" stuff was over with. The days of people getting into these 20 year careers and saving for retirement seems few.
Imagine a country that has a semi-capitalist economic system with an education system that doesn't teach its students how to manage capital, a bit of a joke