I understand that content creation can be a job but it still looks stupid as fukk.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Ask @Th3Birdman about it the daily of a content creator, I know someone that got into content creation and had some success and his content was even made into a thread, I never got into it because to get to that point it's WAYYYYYU more work and effort involved and then there's no guarantee you'll make serious $ and have any longevity

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This "side hustle movement" we created as a generation is something else
:francis:
this what happens when people think they can rewrite the rules and not look at history, we got new tech and got smug about it's application rushing to create hustles outside the area of employment and workers rights.... guaranteed wages, benefits, defined work hours. we just thought we could circumvent all that and reinvent working with apps and it kind of blew up in our faces. live and learn. now the so called new working revolution has produced a multitude of people who have no rights in most places as they are their own employers, considered independent contractors a loophole that leaves the with no protection.

the idea of the freedom this presented was eclipsed by the benefits and rights it didn't. California had it right fighting for uber workers to get classified as employees. but it's too little to late... tech is pushing society forward faster than legislation can and we don't have enough foresight to anticipate the results all the time. just as we catch up here comes a new challenger.... A.I.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this what happens when people think they can rewrite the rules and not look at history, we got new tech and got smug about it's application rushing to create hustles outside the area of employment and workers rights.... guaranteed wages, benefits, defined work hours. we just thought we could circumvent all that and reinvent working with apps and it kind of blew up in our faces. live and learn. now the so called new working revolution has produced a multitude of people who have no rights in most places as they are their own employmers, considered independent contractors a loophole that leaves the with no protection. the idea of the freedom this presented was eclipsed by the benefits and rights it didn't. California had it right fighting for uber workers to get classified as employees. but it's too little to late... tech is pushing society forward faster than legislation can and we don't have enough foresight to anticipate the results all the time. just as we catch up here comes a new challenger.... A.I.
It's not that complicated

People see a lick they're gonna jump on it, in any medium

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I don’t follow any content creators tbh. I just know about the biggest ones 🤷🏽‍♂️

Im not a social media type guy 🤷🏽‍♂️
The top 1% in any industry is doing well. Ypu have to look at the median. Most of the full time content creators are broke.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's not that complicated

People see a lick they're gonna jump on it, in any medium
oh it is tho. you just don't see it. how we interact with tech has an affect on us as well. when content creators turn on that on camera persona in the middle of regular life they look nutty brother. that is not ordinary. the shyt you do chasing those likes and follows is hitting a lick on you too.

Daps
Why? People have been creating content for a hundred years. Now people can do it for themselves, instead of a major corporation.
:sas2:

Night Inc.

Screenshot-20240724-183057-Reddit.jpg

Follow the money...

:sas1:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Why is this relevant?
Because of this conversation chain here

Looks better than working a typical 9-5 until you’re 65 and can barely retire :manny:

Ehhhh that's overlooking the fact that content creation doesn't come with a 401K or health insurance/benefits. We've seen many times before of where content creators are having to beg fans for bread.

The majority of content creators aren't caking bread like that even with all the "followers" that they have.

I don’t follow any content creators tbh. I just know about the biggest ones 🤷🏽‍♂️

Im not a social media type guy 🤷🏽‍♂️
:francis:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh it is tho. you just don't see it. how we interact with tech has an affect on us as well. when content creators turn on that on camera persona in the middle of regular life they look nutty brother. that is not ordinary. the shyt you do chasing those likes and follows is hitting a lick on you too.
Nothing I said changes

Nobody thinks about any of that when they see content creation=money

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nothing I said changes

Nobody thinks
The pertinent.

but they will regret tho... a lot of content creators suffer burn out due to having a "job" that has no defined hours that expects you to be on all the time eventually. no privacy and constantly needing to upload to stay relevant. plus all that fanfare and following is not real love and it can turn in an instant. you should watch videos of content creators who burn out and when they have to go back to real jobs it's hard to adjust. with a little awareness you can be able to navigate this shyt better but there is no manual out there for this new arena.