I told yall about this Russel Wilson fiasco

Daps
Coaches always make moves based on who a team rallies behind.

Sorry this is new to you.

Plus....Russell OUTPLAYED him. What part about that do you not understand?

He outplayed him in pre-season. He surely did do that.

But McElroy outplayed Sanchez in pre-season, should he be the starter too?

And it isn't true that coaches always go with the guy the team rallies behind, and you also have to figure out when they were rallying behind the kid, in pre-season!

There are times when the coach has gone in the other direction of what the team was looking for, the Bronco's did it last year with Tebow, Brandon Lloyd was 100% against Tebow. The Bills didn't want Rob Johnson back when Flutie was doing his thing and the Music City Miracle happened.

I get what you are saying but no, the coach doesn't always follow the players desires in this situation

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He outplayed him in pre-season. He surely did do that.

But McElroy outplayed Sanchez in pre-season

One....He played one half all preseason.

Second....it wasn't a competition for the starting job like announced in Seattle.

Corny to marry the situations as the same.

Corny and forced.

Daps
One....He played one half all preseason.

Second....it wasn't a competition for the starting job like announced in Seattle.

Corny to marry the situations as the same.

Corny and forced.

Yeah, but you get the point. Too much faith in pre-season.

But maybe you should give McElroy that job now, or at least a shot.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coaches always make moves based on who a team rallies behind.

Sorry this is new to you.

Plus....Russell OUTPLAYED him. What part about that do you not understand?

True. But a lot of incumbents get outplayed in pre-season perse.

Young outplayed Montana when he first got to San Fran and

Walsh always outplayed Troy Aikman.

This is just to name a few of the big names. Pretty sure it happens more than we think but pre-season is not the big time and should not be the end all criteria whether someone should start or not in my opinion

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
True. But a lot of incumbents get outplayed in pre-season perse.

Young outplayed Montana when he first got to San Fran and

Walsh always outplayed Troy Aikman.

This is just to name a few of the big names. Pretty sure it happens more than we think but pre-season is not the big time and should not be the end all criteria whether someone should start or not in my opinion

Russell won his spot in an open competition.

What you're bringing up weren't open competitions.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
u Black Panther, Malcolm X "every unsigned black QB is better than Tom Brady" type nikkas disgust me

Tavaris Jackson SUCKS. get over it.
Vince Young SUCKS. get over it.
Donovan McNabb SUCKS. get over it.

Everytime I shyt on Vince Young, Donovan McNabb and Tavaris “I’m a retarded, autistic ass nikka" Jackson, I got some stupid ass spook poster callin me CAC..

:what:

All these nikkas do is just coddle these half assed, garbage black QBs and refuse to acknowledge their wackness..

:childplease:

These are the same black spooks that support Tyler Perry movies..

nikkas make me sick..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it in the beginning of the year, you hand the keys to this rookie who played great in a bland vanilla pre-season and you in turn shyt on the big veteran signing.

So you make it clear your $10m man is worse than a 3rd round rookie, and now the medias calling for Flynn to come in, and we all know he will when Russel continues to struggle.

So what did that solve Seattle fans? Situation is 10x uglier than it was to start the year because now the rookie who was supposed to be savior isn't that and his confidence takes a hit and you're ready to go back to the bum ass vet. Shame yall are wasting a great defense.

Kinda similar to Kevin Kolb's situation in Arizona.

I can't front, Kolb has been doing a good job of digging himself out that grave.I was bashing him, but he's proving me wrong so far.

Lets see if Flynn can do the same when his name is called

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha: @ comparing Matt fukking Flynn to Troy Aikman and Joe Montana

like dude above me said it's more like Kolb situation.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Its more than just preseason games, its practices, training camp, all that.

Pete Carroll preaches competition probably more than any other head coach. What is he supposed to do? If Russell wins the job, he had to give it to him. If he didn't, yall would be talking about how much of a hypecrite he is.

Though I do agree if he had started flynn, it would be much easier to bring in russell if flynn struggled. You really can't do with to russell now w/o destroying his
confidence.

Daps
Though I do agree if he had started flynn, it would be much easier to bring in russell if flynn struggled. You really can't do with to russell now w/o destroying his
confidence.

This is my whole point really. I respect the hell out of your defense, and it truly is a shame that the QB situation been mismanaged like this.

Say yall struggle bad vs. Carolina, and it's quite possible because you guys aint good on the road, do they take out Russel?

And if they do they have done damage to his confidence for sure. They put too much pressure on this kid coming right out the box

I`m not even on some "Russel gonna suck" type of stuff, I believe he might be a very good player at some point, but the fukkery of mismanaging a young QB could lead to the end of Carrol. Because frankly, he hasn't won shyt and the whole QB situation is real murky up there if Russel don't pan out

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
This is my whole point really. I respect the hell out of your defense, and it truly is a shame that the QB situation been mismanaged like this.

I just have a couple questions. Why in the world would you care if the Seahawks struggle or make bad decisions? Doesn't that help YOUR team out? At the end of the day, if the Seahawks as a business makes bad decisions and lives with them (signing a highly paid backup that can't outplay a rookie out of college), then shouldn't everyone just let their fans and supporters worry about that?

If anything, I'd think a 49er fan would be hoping Kolb returns to his preseason form and that the Cards' D is really playing over their heads. Not a Seahawks team that may or may not go anywhere even with a decent QB.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha: @ comparing Matt fukking Flynn to Troy Aikman and Joe Montana

like dude above me said it's more like Kolb situation.

Showing your youth here. You have a point here with Super Joe, but Troy was a loser and was in danger of losing his job when Walsh was outplaying him.

I just wanted to point out that incumbents can be outplayed in situations and still maintain their gigs. I think the poster replied that this was an open position and maybe it was technically. But there is no way you pay someone 10 mil or 16 mil in Kolb's case to start, but end up starting the rookie instead because he is definitively better.

That's called bad business and its a reason why franchises like the cardinals and seahawks tend to be perennial losers as opposed to winners. Examples include, the Dolphins, Hawks, Jaguars, Chiefs, Lions, and pretty much any proffesional sports organization based in Cleveland