"I told Johnny don't worry, we'll still find a way to be together"-Drake

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
what cred? I don't remember drake portraying a thug. dude talks about women and the social aspects of being a celeb in the raps I have heard from him.
outside of street credit for thug rappers what type of credit is needed to come out with Drake type of music, lol?

I don't even deal with much of Drakes music....just some singles so maybe he claims to be a super thug and I stand corrected. But this Drake hate is going toooooo far in my eyes. I can point out fallacy in Micheal Jacksons Life vs his music big time...but everyone still says Thriller is one of the best albums of all time and he's the king of pop.

I don't get the Drake hate either. I enjoy his music and I'm aware that he acts suspect in real life but that doesn't really matter to me.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get the Drake hate either. I enjoy his music and I'm aware that he acts suspect in real life but that doesn't really matter to me.

Black women is eating up Drake though....and Black women is known for trying to figure out if someone is gay and starting gay rumors which doesn't happen with drake. The kids is out there having fun and being stupid....I don't know what black men want Drake to do. Like Brothas want Drake to be mad at the world for no reason and trust noone like Jim Jones smoking weed in a hood video. I think Drake a is a poor man's LL Cool J and I was born in 86' just like Drake......but Uncle L did it better.

same cats kept fucckin with R. Kelly and he was very suspect/trolling with a mask as a child predator. Hell, he even tried to marry a 15yr old Aaliyah. I mean R. Kelly has some done some real bad things in which is supported by music money. You can't by R. Kelly music in good faith realizing he could easily be messing with a young girl in your family.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bunch of Cornball ass nikkas in this thread.

what does name callin do for your ego? makes you feel good about your self conscience existence?

turn that frown into a smile bruh! :thumbsup: obviously you got worries....Drake ain't got none. I don't even deal with his music too much....but you all are projecting behaviors and beliefs onto another grown man.....you wouldn't like it if people do it to you!

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
what does name callin do for your ego? makes you feel good about your self conscience existence?

turn that frown into a smile bruh! :thumbsup: obviously you got worries....Drake ain't got none. I don't even deal with his music too much....but you all are projecting behaviors and beliefs onto another grown man.....you wouldn't like it if people do it to you!
But yet you're in here passionately defending dude and lecturing nikkas who don't like his music and what he stands for.

My advice is for you and the drake defenders to have thicker skin and take the criticism in stride :yeshrug:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward

You act like a soft ass token negro.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Honestly,

Are all of these responses in defense of Drake, really even worth it?

I mean, why do you care if there is a [growing] population of nikka's not enjoying this quasi-gay rapper?
Because when the real nikkas question the masculinity of a Drake fan they get their panties in a bunch and feel some type of way for being a fan of dude so they must come to his defense because he represents them. So if he's considered soft then that means they're soft because the reason they like him is because they have similar personalities.

3/4 of the posters on this board are from the suburbs so they can relate to Drake much more than they could relate to 2Pac and Scarface (My 2 fav rappers).

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But yet you're in here passionately defending dude and lecturing nikkas who don't like his music and what he stands for.

My advice is for you and the drake defenders to have thicker skin and take the criticism in stride :yeshrug:

I didn't speak on the things drake stands for....I have no idea what he stands for in terms of money, politics, etc. I'm just speaking on people boxing him into an image of how a rapper is suppose the be...like rappers ain't human and don't do stupid/silly stuff and joke around with friends like Rob Derdek, big black and the rest of them on Rob & Big for example. cause it was really no different than those fools on MTV....Even though Rob & Them are more entertaining at it hence they got a show.

I'm just saying we got rappers in an unreal arena in which a creative art in music must match someones' life fairly close. Music is essentially expression/put a twist on your thoughts. We didn't get much a glimpse of of Mike Jackson though his music....the brotha just made hits. Yet people treat/view drake and other rappers differently than just a hit machine in which personal life is affecting the perception of music, which makes no sense in art.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
exactly, the evolved type of humor,,blks are so concerned about their fake ass image amongst other blks that yall cant relax and live life,,, every single blk person in america is living the same life in a different body,,,,, get money, fuk hoes, same exact way,,,, u dont see it and wont but trust its real.... evolve please

This is why your DUMBASS got banned for racism once already. Saying stupid shyt like this, and what's worse is you actually believe it.

When you see a black person in a suit & tie going to work, is this a representation of what you're saying? When you see a black man, his wife, kids at a restaurant is this indicative of what you're saying? When you see a black person in med school is this representation of what you're saying? When you see President Obama on TV, is he "living the same life" you just described?

Stop posting on this site.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because when the real nikkas question the masculinity of a Drake fan they get their panties in a bunch and feel some type of way for being a fan of dude so they must come to his defense because he represents them. So if he's considered soft then that means they're soft because the reason they like him is because they have similar personalities.

3/4 of the posters on this board are from the suburbs so they can relate to Drake much more than they could relate to 2Pac and Scarface (My 2 fav rappers).

huh?

i'm defending drake because he doesn't fit the mold of a traditional rapper and doesn't have the same insecurities of a 2pac, Jay-Z, nas, scarface etc.
drake brings in new insecurities/questions about life to the game. Hell, he even brings up being an entertainer vs being a 9-5 accountant dude on that track with Jay-Z....people in the hood don't shoot down dreams and tell you to be practical as well?...I think that's very universal.

I respect what he does. Am i fan?....not beyond some singles. But his behavior outside of music affecting people listening to his music is ridiculous because I can call people out on MJ, Prince, R.Kelly etc that look the other way.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why your DUMBASS got banned for racism once already. Saying stupid shyt like this, and what's worse is you actually believe it.

When you see a black person in a suit & tie going to work, is this a representation of what you're saying? When you see a black man, his wife, kids at a restaurant is this indicative of what you're saying? When you see a black person in med school is this representation of what you're saying? When you see President Obama on TV, is he "living the same life" you just described?

Stop posting on this site.

dude used my point for some racist propaganda to support his views :smh:

Just like when white people run with Bill Cosby statements...which makes some Black people afraid to call each other out in public on issues.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes, I watched the video and he sounds like he talking about a relationship. Yes, I made fun oh him....but that's it. I assume he did it on purpose and was probably laughing afterwards......but people are just not accustomed to seeing rappers joke around in that manner.

And people wonder why Rick Ross doesn't break character outside of music......

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: at drake being on espn, but throws like a dainty woman. I seen the first pitch he threw out at the Indians game :lupe:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: at John Wall being an athlete, but throws like a dainty woman. I seen the first pitch he threw out at the nationals game :lupe:

1st pitches are a set-up....Drake handled it better than a lot of dudes cause it wasn't on ESPN not top 10, lol.

That Carl Lewis one..... :smh: