I Thought I was Fully On Board With All Digital Gaming Purchases…

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
TFW Sony tossed all our digital PS3 games into the shadowrealm. The Cell is my op for life:pacspit:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It's been pretty much set in stone for me that I can't go fully all digital. I'll go digital for the games that I know I'll be done with real quick or annual releases but the really big, great experiences are physicals for me now. Futureproofing
is it really future proofing it though? especially w/ updates and shyt. Some games won't run if they aren't updated, and if the servers go down. you're fukked either way.

like are wii-u and 3ds games fukked after next month? I kinda remember some 3DS games wouldn't run unless they were updated

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
is it really future proofing it though? especially w/ updates and shyt. Some games won't run if they aren't updated, and if the servers go down. you're fukked either way.

like are wii-u and 3ds games fukked after next month? I kinda remember some 3DS games wouldn't run unless they were updated
You'll always be able to sideload software updates if needed, but actually playing what you bought is in question if it's digital

If it's digital, you just gotta hope piracy will prevail

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You'll always be able to sideload software updates if needed, but actually playing what you bought is in question if it's digital

If it's digital, you just gotta hope piracy will prevail
This isn’t true at all. It’s crazy to me how misinformed people are on the subject. That’s probably why some of you are holding on to physical media so hard. You just have a bad understand of the rights/privileges you get with a digital game.

If you own a digital game, nothing can stop you from being able to play that game.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
This isn’t true at all. It’s crazy to me how misinformed people are on the subject. That’s probably why some of you are holding on to physical media so hard. You just have a bad understand of the rights/privileges you get with a digital game.

If you own a digital game, nothing can stop you from being able to play that game.
Trust corporations, brehs

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

"We may permanently suspend a profile or device if we can no longer trust it due to a severe violation, or if our attempts to correct repeated negative behaviors are unsuccessful. Under permanent suspension, the owner of the suspended profile forfeits all licenses for games and other content, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass membership time, and Microsoft account balances."

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

If it's not currently installed, the marketplace can shut down meaning you can't reacquire it. And there's only so much physical storage space, which can also falter over time. That's the Wii U/3DS and PS3 issue right now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If it's not currently installed, the marketplace can shut down meaning you can't reacquire it. And there's only so much physical storage space, which can also falter over time. That's the Wii U/3DS and PS3 issue right now.
You can’t “reacquire” physical games period. You have to maintain safe physical ownership of the disc.

Same goes for digital games you have to keep a safe space for them.

Being able to “reacquire” digital games is a benefit, not a negative.
"We may permanently suspend a profile or device if we can no longer trust it due to a severe violation, or if our attempts to correct repeated negative behaviors are unsuccessful. Under permanent suspension, the owner of the suspended profile forfeits all licenses for games and other content, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass membership time, and Microsoft account balances."
You can play offline. You just can’t connect to xbox live.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't you have to connect online before you can make that change? How would you do that if the account or console is banned?

yes…it happened to me when my internet went down a while back…I forgot to make the new console in my living room the home console…when the internet came back on I was able to make the change…once that’s done tho then you can play offline as long as you have access to your account…but you HAVE to be able to sign in to your account…being able to play offline is only useful when xbox live is down IF you still have access to your account

Last edited: