I Thought I was Fully On Board With All Digital Gaming Purchases…

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
having all your digital games downloaded to an external HD eliminates alot of this foolishness

i'm still forever good on copping physical

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Digital + mad convient
Digital - You don't really own it.

Thats with all things digital.
I do feel like a possible lawsuit in the future could come about on the merit of not being able to access digital games because banned accounts or lost accounts.

Like their should be methods to access, play and distribute games offline and locally that are purchased digitally. If it was as simple as included somekind of encryption that was unique to whatever device you downloaded it to in order to play the game. So if you installed it on a usb that usb would have to be plugged into or at least check in at boot before it runs the game.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can play your games offline.

This is just a case of people being ignorant as to how things actually work.
I can play the digital games I’ve already downloaded to my SSD. I CAN’T play my digital games that I haven’t downloaded to my SSD because PSN won’t let me sign in, so I can’t access them.:comeon:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can play the digital games I’ve already downloaded to my SSD. I CAN’T play my digital games that I haven’t downloaded to my SSD because PSN won’t let me sign in, so I can’t access them.:comeon:
Don’t do dumb shyt in the store then expect for them to hold your products for you.

If you walk in gamestop calling people bytches, they not gone hold your purchases for you and let you walk in to pick them up at any time.:comeon:

• Haha
Reactions: NZA

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Or, just not be a dumbass. :ehh:

and even then, you can still play your games offline.

If you get banned you can’t play your disc games online either. So WTF you even talking about in here :dahell:

whether he gets temporarily/permanently unbanned he has the option to play discs under a new account granted he couldn’t access his save files if he’s started the games…with digital he completely loses the rights to play those games…so if it was permanent, he’d have to buy all the games he hasn’t finished/played over again

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With digital if it's downloaded you are good on most consoles currently.

The problem is if you lose access to a password or email or get banned... Or if you just want to play it at a friend's or gathering offline.

Currently there is no way to do that. At least I don't think there is.:patrice: I never tried plugging in a hard drive full of games into someone else's system and trying to play them on a different account. I'm going to assume it ain't happening tho

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I had a psn account since they introduced it, it was hacked 2 years ago because I originally used a yahoo email… I lost years of game purchuses because of that and had to start all my trophies over

• Sad
Reactions: NZA

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This thread is a reflection of yourselves :francis:
Now let's address the issues...
…but after getting banned from PSN I realized how fukked up it would be if I were to get perma-banned and lose all my titles. That shyt got me sick right now. :sadcam:

As convenient as the not having to switch discs is, I think I’m going back to physical now, plus it’s lowkey cheaper.:francis:
First off, hell no it's not cheaper. On Xbox at least every game is on sale at all times for the most part and then Gamepass >>>

But this talk about going back to physical like if physical exist like that anymore :laff:
I wish they go back to 360/PS3 where you can play offline even if you get banned. Also, just pop in the disc drive, and ready to play without installing the disc.
The 360/ps3 didn't actually run from disc tho so :patrice: yeah. That was the first generation to do that, now you know
Pays to have a big SSD:myman:
I feel like you needed to add a "Pause" to that statement :scust:
pc is the only place where going all digital makes sense. since you can just pirate worst case..

console.. go digital if the title is way cheaper then the physical, there's no physical, or you plan to play the game often enough
There is no need for physical anymore just like you don't buy CDs, you don't buy DVDs. This exact same logic applies no matter the FAKE SCENARIOS you gots love to create.

What if a meteor hits and the servers go down?

Well, if you're trying to play a game after a meteor takes down the internet then you deserve to die.

Name the console game you can't play anymore? Daytona not on XBL anymore but the game is on the internet and I can run it better than it would run normally via an emulator THAT WORKS ON CONSOLES (or PC). Or consoles are jailbroken so you can do all that illegal stuff that you don't consider illegal on PC.

The point is these doomsday scenarios have never been reality. The reality is you doing too much if you get banned from an online service. Let's not all go zero dark thirty. I'm living on the grid for now, can't use draft kings in the center of the earth nah mean