I Thought I was Fully On Board With All Digital Gaming Purchases…

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
…but after getting banned from PSN I realized how fukked up it would be if I were to get perma-banned and lose all my titles. That shyt got me sick right now. :sadcam:

As convenient as the not having to switch discs is, I think I’m going back to physical now, plus it’s lowkey cheaper.:francis:

YALL WAS WARNED.......ALOT:heh::mjlol:

But according to our esteemed meach this is the all digital future Xbox wanted to usher in for us...:troll:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
whether he gets temporarily/permanently unbanned he has the option to play discs under a new account granted he couldn’t access his save files if he’s started the games…with digital he completely loses the rights to play those games…so if it was permanent, he’d have to buy all the games he hasn’t finished/played over again
No. You don’t lose the right to play them.

You lose the right to play them online.

Yes he could make a new account to play disc games online, but you could do the same with a digital game.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. You don’t lose the right to play them.

You lose the right to play them online.

Yes he could make a new account to play disc games online, but you could do the same with a digital game.

how when you can’t access your account to get the games?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I had a psn account since they introduced it, it was hacked 2 years ago because I originally used a yahoo email… I lost years of game purchuses because of that and had to start all my trophies over
They have account recovery techniques in place, I don't understand how you can get yourself into a situation like that but I get it because my brother does this same tire of shyt routinely.

Could you elaborate on why you couldn't recover your account???

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never tried plugging in a hard drive full of games into someone else's system and trying to play them on a different account. I'm going to assume it ain't happening tho
It works just fine on xbox at least.

As long as your hard drive is set up as your “home” console you can plug it into any xbox and play your games.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
YALL WAS WARNED.......ALOT:heh::mjlol:

But according to our esteemed meach this is the all digital future Xbox wanted to usher in for us...:troll:
Do you keep your system offline or is it online every time you turn it on?

When you turn it on does it ask to update or do you have it set to automatic console and game updates?

Do you PAY to play online? If so then you sound dumb as hell bruh, and I apologize that some Xbox nikka didn't call you back after he took the p*ssy

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same way game sharing works. If you make a new account and “share” your games with it. You can play them online.

that doesn’t make sense if the games you bought the account under is banned…how can you “share” something you don’t have access to?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that doesn’t make sense if the games you bought the account under is banned…how can you “share” something you don’t have access to?
When you get “banned” it’s only the account that got banned who loses access to online play.

So if you have another console that you are “sharing” games with. They don’t get banned too.

Now i’m not sure if the shared xbox can download the games after the ban. But as long as they were already downloaded before the ban, they can be played online.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you get “banned” it’s only the account that got banned who loses access to online play.

So if you have another console that you are “sharing” games with. They don’t get banned too.

can anyone else (not @PS5) confirm this?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
There is no need for physical anymore just like you don't buy CDs, you don't buy DVDs. This exact same logic applies no matter the FAKE SCENARIOS you gots love to create.

What if a meteor hits and the servers go down?

Well, if you're trying to play a game after a meteor takes down the internet then you deserve to die.

Name the console game you can't play anymore? Daytona not on XBL anymore but the game is on the internet and I can run it better than it would run normally via an emulator THAT WORKS ON CONSOLES (or PC). Or consoles are jailbroken so you can do all that illegal stuff that you don't consider illegal on PC.

The point is these doomsday scenarios have never been reality. The reality is you doing too much if you get banned from an online service. Let's not all go zero dark thirty. I'm living on the grid for now, can't use draft kings in the center of the earth nah mean

Ppl still buy physical media for bands, movies, etc they like.
If a meteor hits we're probably all dead :skip:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
They have account recovery techniques in place, I don't understand how you can get yourself into a situation like that but I get it because my brother does this same tire of shyt routinely.

Could you elaborate on why you couldn't recover your account???
I put a fake birthdate and didn't have the serial number for the ps3 I signed up on. They said they required that