I Thought I was Fully On Board With All Digital Gaming Purchases…

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you get permanently suspended on Xbox live and you had tons of games purchased but don't have them installed, you can't access them anymore.

Same on Playstation.

ya idk what the fukk he’s been talking about in here but he has a habit of muddying up convos and spreading misinformation…idk if he just simply doesn’t know certain shyt or if it’s just “fun” to him

regarding the example you posted tho that’s a very scary anecdote bcuz I have requested multiple refunds over the course of a year on xbox …when I tried to request another one they denied it bcuz they said I reached my max…a bit weird since I didn’t know there was a max but I didn’t fight the issue…scary to think I could’ve had my account permanently banned for requesting too many refunds and them considering it marketplace “theft” smh
Not being able to “re-download” games is not being “blocked out of access” from games already own.

It’s just like if you get banned from gamestop you can’t go back in shopping.

The question was about not being able to play games you already have on your system.

Obviously if you do something bad enough to get permananned they aren’t gonna allow you freely use their servers to store your games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
but we’re talking about the accounts where you’ve purchased the games since folks are worried about losing those…if that’s the account that’s banned then can the other accounts still access those games?

With a permanent ban you forfeit anything you had on your account which includes your games and subscriptions. If you're using the One and you have your console set as your Home (which is recommended) you can still access the games from a new account, but if you were to get a new console or don't have your console set as your Home, you would lose access to the games.

In most cases, a permanent Xbox Live account suspension does not remove your games or purchases. Any previously-downloaded games, apps, or features that can be used in an offline mode will still be accessible to the suspended account. However, any content or features that require online services will not be usable by the account, such as the ability to purchase new content and, without a designated home Xbox One console, the ability to re-download content through other accounts.

Everything i’ve said in here has been 100% truth. But as usual around here dudes like to fight against the truth and tell me i’m the one trippin :stopitslime:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Everything i’ve said in here has been 100% truth. But as usual around here dudes like to fight against the truth and tell me i’m the one trippin :stopitslime:

you right…I stand corrected…even tho I’ve felt that way about some of your posts in the past I was absolutely wrong in this instance…and I’m actually glad you broke it down so I can protect myself in the instance my main account gets banned cuz you never know…rep for the detailed info

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you right…I stand corrected…even tho I’ve felt that way about some of your posts in the past I was absolutely wrong in this instance…and I’m actually glad you broke it down so I can protect myself in the instance my main account gets banned cuz you never know…rep for the detailed info
With physical just like digital you have to take some steps to “preserve” your catalog if you wanna keep it indefinitely. Same as you need to hold space and maintain physical discs. If you wanna be super safe you need to load you up a hardrive with all your games and keep it safe somewhere.

Digital games just offer the extra BENEFIT of presumably being able to re-download those games at will. Peoples misunderstanding of how all this works makes them view the “re-download” part as a negative compared to disc media, but they fail to realize that’s not even an option with disc media.

In a way you get more rights and privileges with digital games. Only thing you miss out on is the ability to re-sale.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With physical just like digital you have to take some steps to “preserve” your catalog if you wanna keep it indefinitely. Same as you need to hold space and maintain physical discs. If you wanna be super safe you need to load you up a hardrive with all your games and keep it safe somewhere.

Digital games just offer the extra BENEFIT of presumably being able to re-download those games at will. Peoples misunderstanding of how all this works makes them view the “re-download” part as a negative compared to disc media, but they fail to realize that’s not even an option with disc media.

In a way you get more rights and privileges with digital games. Only thing you miss out on is the ability to re-sale.

yeah this is what I’ll have to do to protect myself

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The digital/physical debate will always be subjective, neither is inherently better it all comes down to preference. Sure it's annoying to install GT7 but I love the steelcase as a peice of art like a vinyl cover. What's a real problem is single player games locking progression behind internet connectivity like Hitman.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Seeing people complaining about games being sold out or delayed shipping pretty much cemented that i'm never leaving digital gang

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not being able to “re-download” games is not being “blocked out of access” from games already own.

It’s just like if you get banned from gamestop you can’t go back in shopping.

The question was about not being able to play games you already have on your system.

Obviously if you do something bad enough to get permananned they aren’t gonna allow you freely use their servers to store your games.
I'm curious as to why you frame it that way? If I bought a bunch of games for $500, bought a new console and was banned before I even downloaded them, I'm out of the games I purchased. Your only workaround is storing all your digital games on a big ass external drive lol.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm curious as to why you frame it that way? If I bought 20 games for $500, bought a new console and was banned before I even downloaded them, I'm out of the games I purchased. Your only workaround is storing all your digital games on a big ass external drive lol.
You gotta create dumb ass scenarios for it be be a bad thing. Why/how in the hell would you buy 20 games and never download them till you got banned?

That’s like saying if i buy 20 disc games and my house burns down i’m out of $500 :stopitslime:

With disc games your ONLY option is to maintain physical space for them which is more expensive/cumbersome than keeping up with a hard drive.

Being able to re-download your games is a BENEFIT of digital games. It’s wild that y’all spinning it like a bad thing.

Would it be better if they NEVER held your ownership in the cloud and you were responsible for maintaining your digital games yourself like you had to with discs?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta create dumb ass scenarios for it be be a bad thing. Why/how in the hell would you buy 20 games and never download them till you got banned?

That’s like saying if i buy 20 disc games and my house burns down i’m out of $500 :stopitslime:

With disc games your ONLY option is to maintain physical space for them which is more expensive/cumbersome than keeping up with a hard drive.

Being able to re-download your games is a BENEFIT of digital games. It’s wild that y’all spinning it like a bad thing.

Would it be better if they NEVER held your ownership in the cloud and you were responsible for maintaining your digital games yourself like you had to with discs?
That's not a dumb scenario, it doesn't matter when I bought the games. I'm saying if I bought a new console or even if I didn't, I wouldn't have all my games downloaded on my console. Right now on my PS5 I don't even have all the games I ever bought downloaded and installed because of storage space.

House burning down, games would be the least of my problems.

It's wild that you're spinning access to my digital games as a "benefit" or "right" when it can be taken away from me since.

The scenarios with physical games vary from person to person, maybe for you space is a concern but for everyone else, it may not be.

With a digital marketplace holding my games and barring me from downloading them if I get banned or if the game gets removed, the variable is exactly the same for everyone. There are pro/cons to both but you acting like a complete cheerleader for MSFT and pretending there are ZERO net negatives to all digital is funny. If the ownership of digital games were solely laid upon the buyer, at least if they provided some sort of leniency to download our games that would be nice. GOG games does that from what I seen:

but if we have to stop providing access to GOG services and GOG content permanently (not because of any breach by you), we will try to give you at least sixty (60) days advance notice by posting a note on www.gog.com and sending an email to every registered users – during that time you should be able to download any GOG content you purchased.

This would be a nice alternative where you still get 60 days to download your games even in that event(not a ban but service going down permanently).

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
It's been pretty much set in stone for me that I can't go fully all digital. I'll go digital for the games that I know I'll be done with real quick or annual releases but the really big, great experiences are physicals for me now. Futureproofing
That’s pretty backwards. If ur going to be done quick makes more sense to buy physical so u can trade or sell it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not a dumb scenario, it doesn't matter when I bought the games. I'm saying if I bought a new console or even if I didn't, I wouldn't have all my games downloaded on my console. Right now on my PS5 I don't even have all the games I ever bought downloaded and installed because of storage space.
Saying you purchased games and never downloaded them is like saying you preordered some shyt from gamestop and never picked it up, then you called the manger a bytch now he won’t let you in the store to get your games :comeon:

If you want to be in control of the preservation of your digital games then YOU have to do it.

Why do you expect a store to indefinitely allow you to walk in and out with your product over and over again?

That is an extra privilege afforded to you that’s pretty much exclusive to digital content.

This benefit does not then just turn into a negative because there are some future doomsday maybe scenarios could remove the benefit.
House burning down, games would be the least of my problems.
Microsoft servers die. The least of our problems would be not being able to download games. :comeon:

It’s much more likely any of us would have a local physical catastrophe than we would microsoft/sony taking away our ability to download games.

Yet with digital games it’s random future doomsday scenarios we are supposed to be afraid of:stopitslime:
It's wild that you're spinning access to my digital games as a "benefit" when it can be taken away from me.
The scenarios with physical games vary from person to person, maybe for you space is a concern but for everyone else, it may not be.
Your access can never be taken away from you. It’s up to you to maintain your access to digital games just like physical. Don’t matter the scenario digital space is infinitely cheaper/easier to maintain than physical space.
With a digital marketplace holding my games and barring me from downloading them if I get banned or if the game gets removed, the variable is exactly the same for everyone. There's pro/cons to both but you acting like a complete cheerleader for MSFT and pretending there's ZERO net negatives to all digital is funny.
The bolded is false. If you own the game you can always download it.

I have Jet Set Radio (a delisted game)downloaded and playable on my series X right now. If you want to purchase/play JSR right now you would have to buy an overpriced old ass console and find an overpriced disc for sale and hope both of them shyts still work.

The first game i ever purchased digitally was geometry wars like 15 years ago. I can still download and play that game right now on my series X. I still have access to precisely ZERO of the disc games i’ve purchased since then :mjlol:

There’s no way in hell you can argue to me that archaic ass discs are a better way to maintain access to media.