I think Trae Young is better than Curry

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm huge on Trae myself. I think he had a better offensive season than Luka last year but because the Hawks are shyt, he got no love.

But prime Steph is something different. Trae is not that. He doesn't have the raw blowout scoring potential as a solo act that Steph has. We talking about a dude shooting high volumes of 3s at 40% being a down year for him. Trae is not like that.

I know I was dead wrong on Luka being a bust, but I completely agree with you about the Luka-Trae narrative.

both are amazing players, but you put Trae on Dallas, and he’d be in MVP talks as well. Dallas simply had a better supporting cast around Luka. He literally did nothing better than Trae except rebound cause he’s taller.

trae scored more & dished out more assists Luka shot 46% from the field and Trae shot 43%..that isn’t much lower

Luka was 31% from three & Trae was 36%

Luka had the luxury of playing with another all star & better players last year, but they made it out to seem the nikka Luka was MJ out there.

I guess Trae gotta get to the playoff first to get some respect. Now that they have a real team around him we’ll see what the national media says. Cacs on reddit & realGM love saying Trae put up empty numbers hopefully he shuts them up.

Also, why is Atlanta not a free agent destination :mindblown:

Trae is a generational type talent and I would love to see him play with another all star caliber player.

NBA players don't even put them on the list of teams to trade to or as a FA destination.

I have never got this, like why Houston but not ATL ????

It was nice.

But im just wondering why not historically.

Also im talking about All Star level players.

A nikka like James Harden would ENJOY Atlanta.

I think that’s about to change bruh. The new ownership has shown he’s serious about winning, and our GM knows how to put together a good team. We never experienced a off season like the one we just had, and hopefully they can build on it. A few playoff births and Trae establishing himself into a superstar should start to bring in bigger names

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
This board needs to stop disrespecting ATGs with these premature declarations. FOH :hhh:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
he's got a higher trajectory for sure...and steph is a 1st ballot lock
based of what?

not to take away from Trae he can be great but there is no showing of him being such

espescially as he will be a hindrance on the defensive end. Steph was no lockdown but he was and is a decent defender. Trae on the other hand...

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Better than current Steph? Ehhhhh....

League tenure-wise? He's definitely better than Steph was in his 3rd year.

However, I do think that, that one post by another ColiKat which said, in essence, that Steph won't raise your team's floor if they don't have much talent, but he will launch its ceiling into the stratosphere if it does have great talent is true.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

However, I do think that, that one post by another ColiKat which said, in essence, that Steph won't raise your team's floor if they don't have much talent, but hewill launch its ceiling into the stratosphere if it does have great talent is true.
But GS record improved every year since he was drafted

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

However, I do think that, that one post by another ColiKat which said, in essence, that Steph won't raise your team's floor if they don't have much talent, but he will launch its ceiling into the stratosphere if it does have great talent is true.
We call that a ceiling raiser.