I think the problem with the DCU films coming from the perspective of a casual like myself is that

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Breh realized nobody in the squad could step to Steppenwolfe like that. And judging how much they were all gettin their asses beat and then how fast Supes gave him those hands he made the right call :russ:

But him acting like he was lifelong friends with Clark was weird. They knew each other for all of a couple of hours beforehand :pachaha:
If we being cereal if I met a dude whose mom had my moms first name I’d be stanning the hell out of him too

Martha

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Because WB has no idea what they’re doing

Snyder wanted to do MOS 2 and tease Batman at the end and build the DCEU slowly around Supes, WB said fucc no and forced him to do BvS which led to this bullshyt universe we have now. Has nothing to do with directors or cast. WB simply wanted to make a billy per movie without building a foundation first, idiots

This is flat out wrong, Snyder himself said he was the one that pitched Batman in the next movie. MOS was never going to get a MOS2 because it under performed and was heavily criticised. Snyder doesn’t get an out 2 up 2 down posted an article that indicates Snyder wasn’t solely at fault but he contributed heavily.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
They tried to erase as much of Snyder as they could and only gained negative reception from the fan base which led to the film under preforming.

You keep going with this narrative when the film under performed due to the public’s good will being burned out. I assure you the film did not under perform because Snyder “vision” was altered.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep going with this narrative when the film under performed due to the public’s good will being burned out. I assure you the film did not under perform because Snyder “vision” was altered.
:usure: you gonna act like the news of Whedon coming in and doing a bunch of reshoots and changing the composer didn't upset the fan base? I'm sure to the average movie goer that checks the movie news would think that it sounded like a train wreck.

And when it came out and you could see it was stitched together and the mustache fiasco came to light, it was a wrap for the film.

This movie was coming off the heels of Wonder Woman. If the film didn't get that negative press before release I would bet it would've had a bigger opening.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:usure: you gonna act like the news of Whedon coming in and doing a bunch of reshoots and changing the composer didn't upset the fan base? I'm sure to the average movie goer that checks the movie news would think that it sounded like a train wreck.

And when it came out and you could see it was stitched together and the mustache fiasco came to light, it was a wrap for the film.

This movie was coming off the heels of Wonder Woman. If the film didn't get that negative press before release I would bet it would've had a bigger opening.

:russ:The average movie goer doesn’t care about who is directing and what music is used. If the movie is good they will come out and see it, it’s fan boys that obsess over little details like that and are a small percentage of the movie going public. People simply were not buying what Snyder and DC was putting out. Hence why I have screamed for a reboot since Justice League.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is flat out wrong, Snyder himself said he was the one that pitched Batman in the next movie. MOS was never going to get a MOS2 because it under performed and was heavily criticised. Snyder doesn’t get an out 2 up 2 down posted an article that indicates Snyder wasn’t solely at fault but he contributed heavily.

:duck:

shyt made almost 700 million and was coming off of that shytshow Superman Returns which made HALF of that. Studio expectations for opening weekend was 75 million and it came in at 128 mill.

Movie was no where near a flop or underperformed

:snooze:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm be interested to see if they'll keep at it or if it'll be forgotten. We it be brought up in Captain Marvel? Or were they cool about a super powered being back then?

The beginning of Antman already showed how the government felt about enhanced people in the 90's. They were good with you as long as you were a secret and/or working for them. Just like Captain America and Blonski before he went crazy. They only get mad when you go into business for yourself.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The beginning of Antman already showed how the government felt about enhanced people in the 90's. They were good with you as long as you were a secret and/or working for them. Just like Captain America and Blonski before he went crazy. They only get mad when you go into business for yourself.
It's all coming back to me now.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:The average movie goer doesn’t care about who is directing and what music is used. If the movie is good they will come out and see it, it’s fan boys that obsess over little details like that and are a small percentage of the movie going public. People simply were not buying what Snyder and DC was putting out. Hence why I have screamed for a reboot since Justice League.
:snoop: I see you got your own narrative.

One I mentioned the movie goer that checks for movie news. You know, like people that check out The Hollywood Reporter or any other showbiz news outlet. If they are seeing that reports of reshoots and other changes during post then it lead to a negative reaction whether you are reading the article or just the headlines. If I remember correctly, with all of that, people were wary having not seen or heard any positive news leading up to the release.

Like I mentioned it was following the success of Wonder Woman so any good will gained was lost with news of what happened during post production.

Larry cumavelli

Elon Cum
Daps
Reppin
Elon Musk
Isn't the problem that they're in an inherently shytty and limiting genre? like what kind of person expects a superhero franchise film made on 300mill+ budget to not be formulaic, generic appealing to the lowest common denominator trash?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:duck:

shyt made almost 700 million and was coming off of that shytshow Superman Returns which made HALF of that. Studio expectations for opening weekend was 75 million and it came in at 128 mill.

Movie was no where near a flop or underperformed

:snooze:

The head of WB at the time prior to release said MOS was the best film they had done and it was expected to make a billion. Hence why it’s widely considered to have under performed.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: I see you got your own narrative.

One I mentioned the movie goer that checks for movie news. You know, like people that check out The Hollywood Reporter or any other showbiz news outlet. If they are seeing that reports of reshoots and other changes during post then it lead to a negative reaction whether you are reading the article or just the headlines. If I remember correctly, with all of that, people were wary having not seen or heard any positive news leading up to the release.

Like I mentioned it was following the success of Wonder Woman so any good will gained was lost with news of what happened during post production.

And again I repeat that the good will had been chipped away, general movie goers are not affected by things like news of reshoot and generally wouldn’t be checking for those anyway. Wonder Woman did well due to good word or mouth, the same reason BVS had an insane opening and then dropped off due to bad word of mouth. Word of mouth can have an impact on a movie total gross for the good or bad.