I think the problem with the DCU films coming from the perspective of a casual like myself is that

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh realized nobody in the squad could step to Steppenwolfe like that. And judging how much they were all gettin their asses beat and then how fast Supes have him those hands he made the right call :russ:

But him acting like he was lifelong friends with Clark was weird. They knew each other for all of a couple of hours beforehand :pachaha:

They should've let Supes beat his ass after he got resurrected Forreal. :laff:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What ever happened about that vision of Flash traveling back in time to worn Batman about Superman or the vision of Superman in an apocalyptic future? Was that just random? Why was Batman so eager to resurrect Superman after those visions and earlier beefs. Dude became a Stan for Superman over a namesake?

The scrips have been ass and shyt feels like a money grab above all else.
Them firing Zach and replacing him with Joss Whedon is what happened.

All detailed here
The True History Of Zack Snyder's Impact On The DCEU's Success

Also that beef was squashed when Batman got his head straight

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Them firing Zach and replacing him with Joss Whedon is what happened.

All detailed here
The True History Of Zack Snyder's Impact On The DCEU's Success

Also that beef was squashed when Batman got his head straight

Zach Snyder and his "vision" of the DCEU was the problem. His movies were trending downward. Whedon was only part of ONE movie.

Even though MOS was lukewarm, and BvS was a rush job, Snyder still had an opportunity to right the ship, but he fumbled.

The blame however, doesn't fall squarely on Snyder's shoulders. WB execs, tried to make a gourmet meal with cheap ingredients. There was no blueprint or plan. They tried to sell a brand instead of a movement. Like Marvel has done.

My guess, is WB underestimated the longevity of the MCU and comic book movies in general. They tried to ride the wave, and crammed too much into it. The end result was a sloppy mess.

They also underestimated the fans in general. They thought, they could put out shyt, and call it roses thinking nobody would notice.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
What ever happened about that vision of Flash traveling back in time to worn Batman about Superman or the vision of Superman in an apocalyptic future? Was that just random? Why was Batman so eager to resurrect Superman after those visions and earlier beefs. Dude became a Stan for Superman over a namesake?

The scrips have been ass and shyt feels like a money grab above all else.
I think part of it with Barry telling Bruce that Lois was the key was how Batman had Lois as backup for when Superman was resurrected. You see how in Justice League Superman was attacking everyone but came to his senses when he saw Lois.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Comicbook universes are an amalgamation. That's a problem in of itself.

The thing about comicbook characters is that, when an individual character/property reaches a certain level of popularity, they start to gain their own orbit. Meaning, they become bigger than the company they come from:

Superman is bigger than DC comics.
Batman is bigger than DC comics.
Wonder woman is bigger than DC comics.

These are A-List characters on their own. Bigger than some whole movie franchises.

when that happens you have a situation where a character's fanbase stretches across different media and promotional formats. Comics, radio shows, movies, TV shows, toys, lunchoboxes, bed and bath gear, school paraphernalia.

Which means that you have genuine fans of a character, that grew up with that single character, without indulging it's parent medium(comics) or caring about the rules of the canon said character is lifted from. So you'll have fans with a perception of what the character should be, that doesn't necessarily mesh with the rest of the universe the character comes from.

You can be a huge superman or batman fan without having read a single comic book in your life. You can't say the same for say, Amadeus cho, or Eden fesi.

In other words, for a movie director to be a fan of fukkin Eden fesi, he has to have been that much into comics, to where he would have enough reverence for it as a medium to execute a movie adaptation respectfully. Whereas someone can fukk w/ superman and still think comic fans are geeks, or children, so if they have an idea for a superman movie, they'll either dismiss the rules of the genre flatout, or they'll execute it reluctantly in a :troll: sort of way.

In a one-off flick that can work artistically. But if you're translating a whole canon with multiple IPs from one storytelling medium to another, that level of irreverence will lead to disaster.

and that's what happend w/ Snyder and the DC Movieverse.

in order for a shared universe to work, you've gotta pre-establish some rules to keep wild ideas in check.

Marvel got lucky because the characters that were bigger than Marvel were sold to Sony, Fox, etc.. As much as we wanted those characters back, their absence was a blessing in disguise. Outside of that, they realise how easy it is for continuity to crash, so they're treading carefully tone and narrative wise, making each film a contained story, and painting by numbers.

DC had 3 characters with their own orbit, and they didn't realise the potential disaster from that cause it was WB steering the ship. They're heading toward a crisis on infinite earths scenario in fukkin movies, and their first run at a shared universe hasn't even taken off yet...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think part of it with Barry telling Bruce that Lois was the key was how Batman had Lois as backup for when Superman was resurrected. You see how in Justice League Superman was attacking everyone but came to his senses when he saw Lois.

p*ssy....downfall of man since the beginning of time

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zach Snyder and his "vision" of the DCEU was the problem. His movies were trending downward. Whedon was only part of ONE movie.

Even though MOS was lukewarm, and BvS was a rush job, Snyder still had an opportunity to right the ship, but he fumbled.

The blame however, doesn't fall squarely on Snyder's shoulders. WB execs, tried to make a gourmet meal with cheap ingredients. There was no blueprint or plan. They tried to sell a brand instead of a movement. Like Marvel has done.

My guess, is WB underestimated the longevity of the MCU and comic book movies in general. They tried to ride the wave, and crammed too much into it. The end result was a sloppy mess.

They also underestimated the fans in general. They thought, they could put out shyt, and call it roses thinking nobody would notice.
I think Man of Steel could've benefited from the 3 hour cut. In the novelization it includes some extended parts that I think would've shut up the "brooding superman" crowd.
I thought Batman vs Superman was fine but I didn't like Lex, and the Extended version is way better in my opinion.
Warner Bros. did a big disservice to Snyder and the fans with their edits, and forcing course directions on directors.

I wanted to see Man of Steel 2 but WB wanted team-ups instead of letting the character grow and come into his own in a solo and then branching off. Snyder tried to do that with Justice League part 1 & 2 but we see how that turned out :francis:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yea i bet they never even address the injustice storyline they teased with the dream sequences in bvs. That was way too early to do the whole infinite earth deal anyway. They still haven’t figured how to get characters over currently. LOL@introducing the rouge dictator supe when the current Cavill one is a flop

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want MOS 2 damn it. Supes doesnt need any help from any of the JL crew except maybe wonder woman or batman to loan clark a few dollars. Even tho it was rushed i liked the idea of BVS with all other heroes reacting to supes crushing buildings and then that shouldve branched off into bats solo flash wonder women etc. JL shouldve been 3 movies later and let it be cyborg’s origin if they felt the character couldnt carry a solo movie

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want MOS 2 damn it. Supes doesnt need any help from any of the JL crew except maybe wonder woman or batman to loan clark a few dollars. Even tho it was rushed i liked the idea of BVS with all other heroes reacting to supes crushing buildings and then that shouldve branched off into bats solo flash wonder women etc. JL shouldve been 3 movies later and let it be cyborg’s origin if they felt the character couldnt carry a solo movie
Cyborg got most of his scenes cut by Whedon for the Russian family :mjpls:
Ray Fisher(Cyborg) just another casualty of Zack's firing and WB's micro-managing

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yea i bet they never even address the injustice storyline they teased with the dream sequences in bvs. That was way too early to do the whole infinite earth deal anyway. They still haven’t figured how to get characters over currently. LOL@introducing the rouge dictator supe when the current Cavill one is a flop

You do realize that Snyder left the JL production after his daughter died and Whedon just did Whedon type shyt? Of course it wasn't going to make sense. Whedon changed everything and while some decisions he made might have been okay, a lot of it was shyt and the movie is just kind of there... It's ok, not very good. They shouldn't have tried to do a two director thing.

But most of those studio heads are gone from WB now so who cares? Whedon and Snyder are both gone also..

I'm not sure why this is even a thread. The only thing that still exists is Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins and James Wan

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
When you see the Legion of Doom tease at the end of JL it never even crosses your mind that that could be a future movie of them vs the League

Theres no confidence in the universe or characters. There is not more than one way to bake a cake

WB rushed it plain and simple

It could be fixed though: Man of Steel 2 and a new Batman -- Affleck is a dub. Aquaman and Shazam can help, and Wonder Woman 2 is spotless. I'd put Suicide Squad 2 down as an easy win too

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
it was way too early for every bit of it.. they had dark knight doing billions... they could have easily made that the first three, then slowly got into supes and the rest

nah they said fukk that, it's not canon, lets start all over... ok cool. got superman out the box.. a little shaky but a good start. lets go with some more solo............... nope.. lets rush this thing and get superman and a new batman in here now and throw in wonder woman for shyts and giggles..

think they learned from that mistake? nope... lets get 5-6 new characters that nobody knows or cares about, and don't give them solos, just throw them in together with a weak joker.... ok brand is going down now... well we can fix that, lets do a good solo in wonder woman.... worked perfect, back on track........

but wait... lets follow that up with another set of randomly thrown together characters, with no backstory or origin, who nobody has any stake in their story.... and lets put them in our flagship movie, basically pushing all our chips into this basket.... and failure

maybe if they sat down and planned this shyt out, let it grow with people, and actually give us characters with a strory to care about.... theyd be alright by now