I think the problem with the DCU films coming from the perspective of a casual like myself is that

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actors. I thought they had good chemistry in JL.
4cK0ETcUPlitfZ4L_Hn9WkvF_J0dElKDEQoiYzWgk8U.jpg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
You do realize that Snyder left the JL production after his daughter died and Whedon just did Whedon type shyt? Of course it wasn't going to make sense. Whedon changed everything and while some decisions he made might have been okay, a lot of it was shyt and the movie is just kind of there... It's ok, not very good. They shouldn't have tried to do a two director thing.

But most of those studio heads are gone from WB now so who cares? Whedon and Snyder are both gone also..

I'm not sure why this is even a thread. The only thing that still exists is Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins and James Wan

Why do people keep repeating this? Outside of a few reshoots, Warner made sure he stayed on course with what Synder(by proxy of Warner) wanted. It’s really a Snyder/Warner mishmash no Wheedon/Snyder. Wheedon was already on board with Synder helping direct scenes before his daughter died. Not like he came in fresh and wanted a total revamp

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I thought they had something with MOS I never really cared for superman but I enjoyed that movie.

They fell short with BvS and then they just started throwing shyt together.

As dope as their animated stuff is I don't understand how they can't get those things to translate. And they should have it easier with their roster.

Justice league was a cluster, it would be dope if they could turn it around but I'm not optimistic :francis:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think Man of Steel could've benefited from the 3 hour cut. In the novelization it includes some extended parts that I think would've shut up the "brooding superman" crowd.
I thought Batman vs Superman was fine but I didn't like Lex, and the Extended version is way better in my opinion.
Warner Bros. did a big disservice to Snyder and the fans with their edits, and forcing course directions on directors.

I wanted to see Man of Steel 2 but WB wanted team-ups instead of letting the character grow and come into his own in a solo and then branching off. Snyder tried to do that with Justice League part 1 & 2 but we see how that turned out :francis:

MOS had the right cast and was on the right track but they fumbled it.

MOS should've been an origins flick. Yeah, I know the going theme is people are tired of origin movies but.... Batman Begins was an origins movie and it did fine and it set up the Dark Knight perfectly.

MOS could've set up Zod. They could've teased him in the after credits and shyt would've been :wow:

They basically used Zod, to shoe horn Superman getting exposed to the world and they also shoehorned his origins in the movie. You either going to do an origin movie or you're not. They tried to condense way to much into one movie.

BvS, was useless.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MOS had the right cast and was on the right track but they fumbled it.

MOS should've been an origins flick. Yeah, I know the going theme is people are tired of origin movies but.... Batman Begins was an origins movie and it did fine and it set up the Dark Knight perfectly.

MOS could've set up Zod. They could've teased him in the after credits and shyt would've been :wow:

They basically used Zod, to shoe horn Superman getting exposed to the world and they also shoehorned his origins in the movie. You either going to do an origin movie or you're not. They tried to condense way to much into one movie.

BvS, was useless.
:yeshrug: I thought it worked fine as an origin story.
What was missing or didn't for you?
The way it ended set up for Lex coming through being the savior, rebuilding Metropolis and making Superman seem like a menace. We got a snippet of that with BvS but MOS 2 was the original plan.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:yeshrug: I thought it worked fine as an origin story.
What was missing or didn't for you?
The way it ended set up for Lex coming through being the savior, rebuilding Metropolis and making Superman seem like a menace. We got a snippet of that with BvS but MOS 2 was the original plan.

The problem with DC is their lack of ability to get viewers invested in the characters. It's as simple as that.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do people keep repeating this? Outside of a few reshoots, Warner made sure he stayed on course with what Synder(by proxy of Warner) wanted. It’s really a Snyder/Warner mishmash no Wheedon/Snyder. Wheedon was already on board with Synder helping direct scenes before his daughter died. Not like he came in fresh and wanted a total revamp
A report came out that Snyder was fired. They used his daughter's death as a reason why Whedon was on board. There were no scenes during production that Whedon helped Snyder on.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with DC is their lack of ability to get viewers invested in the characters. It's as simple as that.
Some people it does some people it doesn't :manny:

It's more divisive than Marvel, but that's what you get Snyder and he acknowledges that. I liked the grounded, how would the world react, take on Superman. They approached it from an angle that is rarely seem or expected, so of course it wouldn't be for everybody.

Anyway, what about the movie, MOS, didn't work for you as an origin movie?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

It's more divisive than Marvel, but that's what you get Snyder and he acknowledges that. I liked the grounded, how would the world react, take on Superman. They approached it from an angle that is rarely seem or expected, so of course it wouldn't be for everybody.

So marvel isn't grounded? :russ:

Marvel has explored that reality many times over. That doesn't distinguish bvs from other super hero movies.

DC movies are dry and depressing.

It worked for The Watchmen, and 300. But you can't bring that bullshyt to a superman movie :mjpls:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Snyder has even done it before. He is biting Dr. Manhattan/Alan Moore with his Superman take.
And this whole 'grounded' approach is undermined by Superman's disguise. Glasses?!:gucci: Really my niqqa? :mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Snyder has even done it before. He is biting Dr. Manhattan/Alan Moore with his Superman take.
And this whole 'grounded' approach is undermined by Superman's disguise. Glasses?!:gucci: Really my niqqa? :mjlol:

At least spiderman covered his entire face. The whole glasses bit should've been ditched a long time ago.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So marvel isn't grounded? :russ:

Marvel has explored that reality many times over. That doesn't distinguish bvs from other super hero movies.

DC movies are dry and depressing.

It worked for The Watchmen, and 300. But you can't bring that bullshyt to a superman movie :mjpls:
In the comics Marvel was the more "heroes outside your window" whereas DC was more fantastical. They sort of switched roles a bit with the movies and that started with Nolan's Batman trilogy.
Man of Steel and BvS has a focus of how the world would react and how the media portrays costumed vigilantes.

As Grant Morrison put it "[Superman]Outlaw immigrant who is a threat to our planet" and that's how he was viewed by Batman and most of the government. Even after going through hell and back saving the Earth from Zod and his crew.

I have seen all the Marvel films and the only ones I can think of that had something similar was Incredible Hulk where the military were trying to get Banner, and Civil War but that was more it took for a string of events to happen before the people turned on them and even then it was only the non registration group they went after.

I don't find them dry or depressing. I think color grading has more to do with that than the actual story.

If it didn't work for you :manny: that's fine. Not everybody is gonna agree and what's deemed good or bad as far as movies go all comes down to one's own opinion.
I like what DC is doing and I like what Marvel is doing. I just so happen to like DC's take a little more :manny: