I think the problem with the DCU films coming from the perspective of a casual like myself is that

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? I would recognize anyone with or without glasses.
One reason why I seen used before is that he slightly shakes his head to make his face look different.
Really it's just you take for what it is and keep going.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
One reason why I seen used before is that he slightly shakes his head to make his face look different.
Really it's just you take for what it is and keep going.
Clark Kent's head is on vibrate? :mjlol: Wow OK.
That's what's wrong with the 'grounded' approach. It collapses on itself very easily when talking about super powered beings wearing capes.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clark Kent's head is on vibrate? :mjlol: Wow OK.
That's what's wrong with the 'grounded' approach. It collapses on itself very easily when talking about super powered beings wearing capes.
Grounded doesn't necessarily mean they are going for 100% realism which they weren't. It even happens in the comics where some writers will explore how the media, government would react in certain situations. That also extends to the heroes thought process or their relationship with other characters.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Grounded doesn't necessarily mean they are going for 100% realism which they weren't. It even happens in the comics where some writers will explore how the media, government would react in certain situations. That also extends to the heroes thought process or their relationship with other characters.
Yeah I know, like I said that's what Dr. Manhattan's arc in Watchmen covers as well.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
In the comics Marvel was the more "heroes outside your window" whereas DC was more fantastical. They sort of switched roles a bit with the movies and that started with Nolan's Batman trilogy.
Man of Steel and BvS has a focus of how the world would react and how the media portrays costumed vigilantes.

As Grant Morrison put it "[Superman]Outlaw immigrant who is a threat to our planet" and that's how he was viewed by Batman and most of the government. Even after going through hell and back saving the Earth from Zod and his crew.

I have seen all the Marvel films and the only ones I can think of that had something similar was Incredible Hulk where the military were trying to get Banner, and Civil War but that was more it took for a string of events to happen before the people turned on them and even then it was only the non registration group they went after.

XMEN?

:devil:
:evil:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Because WB has no idea what they’re doing

Snyder wanted to do MOS 2 and tease Batman at the end and build the DCEU slowly around Supes, WB said fucc no and forced him to do BvS which led to this bullshyt universe we have now. Has nothing to do with directors or cast. WB simply wanted to make a billy per movie without building a foundation first, idiots

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the comics Marvel was the more "heroes outside your window" whereas DC was more fantastical. They sort of switched roles a bit with the movies and that started with Nolan's Batman trilogy.
Man of Steel and BvS has a focus of how the world would react and how the media portrays costumed vigilantes.

As Grant Morrison put it "[Superman]Outlaw immigrant who is a threat to our planet" and that's how he was viewed by Batman and most of the government. Even after going through hell and back saving the Earth from Zod and his crew.

I have seen all the Marvel films and the only ones I can think of that had something similar was Incredible Hulk where the military were trying to get Banner, and Civil War but that was more it took for a string of events to happen before the people turned on them and even then it was only the non registration group they went after.

I don't find them dry or depressing. I think color grading has more to do with that than the actual story.

If it didn't work for you :manny: that's fine. Not everybody is gonna agree and what's deemed good or bad as far as movies go all comes down to one's own opinion.
I like what DC is doing and I like what Marvel is doing. I just so happen to like DC's take a little more :manny:

Marvel did the media and government reacting to superheros in a more subtle way. The Avengers ended with the media talking about whether the Avengers as a team was a good thing with reactions from people on the street. The Winter Soldier ended with testimony before congress in response to what just happened. Age of Ultron briefly mentioned that the media and others reactions after the Hulk went crazy in Africa. They basically built up to Civil War where that it wasn't in your face but it was a lingering issue.

In fact you can go back to Ironman 2 where congress supeona'd Tony to ask him about putting the suit in government hands, that's how War Machine came about.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel did the media and government reacting to superheros in a more subtle way. The Avengers ended with the media talking about whether the Avengers as a team was a good thing with reactions from people on the street. The Winter Soldier ended with testimony before congress in response to what just happened. Age of Ultron briefly mentioned that the media and others reactions after the Hulk went crazy in Africa. They basically built up to Civil War where that it wasn't in your face but it was a lingering issue.

In fact you can go back to Ironman 2 where congress supeona'd Tony to ask him about putting the suit in government hands, that's how War Machine came about.
Yeah I forgot about those. I thought most of that was Hydra meddling though since they had agents in the government

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I forgot about those. I thought most of that was Hydra meddling though since they had agents in the government

Maybe before but everything after the winter soldier was just people and government reaction.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I honestly have not watched any of these comic movies so I can't speak to the quality but I do know of the sales. It would appear to me that the world is by and large, happy with comic book movies and will support them. I don't know if it is because they want a Marvel styled movie or just in general. DC Comics is letting a great cast of characters languish. It can't be the heroes themselves. Only thing I can think of is that they are sloppy with how they are building the universe. With Marvel, they established a road map a long ass time ago. Like, The Black Panther is phase 3 of their map. To build this for the audience, it takes proper planning. It looks like the people in control didn't see the vision through.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe before but everything after the winter soldier was just people and government reaction.
I'm be interested to see if they'll keep at it or if it'll be forgotten. We it be brought up in Captain Marvel? Or were they cool about a super powered being back then?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Basically, justice league was 4 movies too soon..that shoulda been their IW or to a lesser extent, maybe their CW...also the films they made dont have people going to see them multiple times in theaters....i know like 10 people that have seen multiple marvel films in theater 2/3 times....they like the films dc did but wont go see em again :manny: