I think the problem with the DCU films coming from the perspective of a casual like myself is that

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
DC won't thrive until they dig in their own crates and get away from the JL. (at least get away from them for a while). They should already have Green Lantern core movie on deck building towards a battle with Sinestro core. They annnounced an actor for Shazaam already, but they need to get the ball rolling. Martian manhunter should have a movie on deck. They have the tools. They need to just straight up copy marvel's MCU strategy. It works. Marvel's copied enough of DC's characters anyways. LOL. DC really shouldnt be this far behind. People are tired of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Flash. It's that simple.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Bad Writing. Poor Vision. Lack of understanding of the characters. Period

You can do exactly what Marvel did and it will make BILLIONS.

But they don't want to.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And again I repeat that the good will had been chipped away, general movie goers are not affected by things like news of reshoot and generally wouldn’t be checking for those anyway. Wonder Woman did well due to good word or mouth, the same reason BVS had an insane opening and then dropped off due to bad word of mouth. Word of mouth can have an impact on a movie total gross for the good or bad.
You and I are talking about to different types of movie goers here. But to assume that negative press for a film doesn't trickle down to the casual audience is incorrect, imo.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Honestly DCU’s man problem is them trying to do Elseworld reinventing on the fly. Except for Wonder Woman, none of the heroes in the movies is what you would see in the comics. DC is reinventing almost wholesale on screen.

Marvel has been basically just summarizing certain runs (Brubakers Cap or Jones Incredible Hulk) with splashes from other runs mixed with new stuff. Guardians is probably the only exception.

DC is waiting til the morning of the exam then watching the movie version on fast forward before the book report

Last edited: