I think Floyd mayweather will be broke within 10 years

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: Worry about another man's pockets, brehs. Floyd has a net worth of 700 million and manages close to a billion dollars in real estate, he'll be okay.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Guarantee you Floyd is still making paper.

Maybe not boxing. Promo, etc. he's still getting a check.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Why do yall keep asking "why you worried about another mans pockets?"

Dude's name is Money, and his post boxing career is all about him showing how much money he spends. It's a reasonable inquiry to wonder if he can maintain his spending.

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
With all this free spending, is it safe to assume we getting a Pacqiauo rematch?

Or is he gonna fight Broner instead :lolbron: I wouldn't mind the fukkery :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You don't know what the hell you are talking Floyd fights in Las Vegas where there is no business tax so his checks under mayweather promotions don't get taxed yu fukkig moron

Yes for personal you fukking moron, there is no business income tax period in las Vegas, you 9 to 5 peasant

Federal tax Capital Gains not income

Uh, no, you certainly pay federal business tax on business income no matter where you are in the country. It's called "Corporate Income Tax". All income past $335,000 dollars is taxed at 34-35%.

Floyd's income from boxing would indeed be business/income tax, NOT capital gains.

Might want to brush up on your tax law.

It's hard to tell what his net income will come out to, but we'll start with taxes. Sports tax accountant Robert Raiola of O'Connor Davies estimates that as a Nevada resident, and obviously in the highest tax bracket on the federal level, $88.9 million in taxes will come out. That assumes that he deducts five percent of that $220 million ($11 million) on fees such as training costs. That would leave him a net of $131 million before paying out his employees.

Putting Floyd Mayweather's 220M payday into perspective

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Y'all dudes be WANTING mafukkas to go broke lol. It's so transparent

Imma be real - im hating. Admitely im insecure about my own life & future, but lets be honest - when you brag & being materialistic - us "bottom dwellers" wont like it. Maybe cuz of our life or just us being in the trenches everyday & knowing how many are starving out there (incl ourselves).

On 1 hand i love that hes atleast a successful black man. I just want him to show more humility & note how much more he can do for our ppl. Is it a huge responsibility? Yea. Am i ONLY putting it on him? No. I know im not doing shyt either. But he has something i dont have - money & power.

We discussed this topic on Boxden yesterday regarding rappers who also are braggadocious/does dumb shyt. I brought up how naive ppl eat up the reason they say they brag - "to motivate ppl" :snoop:. Dumbest logic & reasoning ever.

So i wish him success based on the blessing he recieved w/ his talent & oppurtunity, but at the same time wish him wish him to go broke if it would show him humility & see thru the fog. Then maybe he could prioritize & not forget who he is & how "they" (not just white ppl btw) view him.

Of course his "for sale Barbie dolls" are mostly non black too. I know his children are black but as usual they not together, they just arguin in the public light. Hopefully the money hes recieved will pass down a BLACK FAMILY's linage & not the typical "mixed family" boloni :camby:

Its funny cuz im actually african & i feel this way. While in america it seems that ppl view themselves differently on some "us vs them" shyt. I think of black americans as my black ppl, africans (except maybe them north african arabs) my ppl, west indians my ppl, afro-latinos my ppl, etc etc.

Last edited:

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I see chit like this I say this Nicca a idiot. Why the hell you buying half a million of purses. My feelings aren't hurt but I know there is plenty of things he could do with his money to make a difference, instead of showing the world all the expensive chit he can buy.
It can be "stupid" that's cool. But the mafukka can just go and SPEND his shyt, his way EASY. I don't even pay attention to what he cops. shyt we can't go and spend on the "plenty of other things he can do" ... So that's the drive. That's his damn money if he wants to burn it on some Joker in "Dark Knight" shyt so be it

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imma be real - im hating. Admitely im insecure about my own life & future, but lets be honest - when you brag & being materialistic - us "bottom dwellers" wont like it. Maybe cuz of our life or just us being in the trenches everyday & knowing how many are starving out there (incl ourselves).

On 1 hand i love that hes atleast a successful black man. I just want him to show more humility & note how much more he can do for our ppl. Is it a huge responsibility? Yea. Am i ONLY putting it on him? No. I know im not doing shyt either. But he has something i dont have - money & power.

We discussed this topic on Boxden yesterday regarding rappers who also are braggadocious/does dumb shyt. I brought up how naive ppl eat up the reason they say they brag - "to motivate ppl" :snoop:. Dumbest logic & reasoning ever.

So i wish him success based on the blessing he recieved w/ his talent & oppurtunity, but at the same time wish him wish him to go broke if it would show him humility & see thru the fog. Then maybe he could prioritate & not forget who he is & how "they" (not just white ppl btw) view him.

Of course his "for sale Barbie dolls" are mostly non black too. I know his children are black but as usual they not together, they just arguin in the public light. Hopefully the money hes recieved will pass down a BLACK FAMILY's linage & not the typical "mixed family" boloni :camby:

Its funny cuz im actually african & i feel this way. While in america it seems that ppl view themselves differently on some "us vs them" shyt. I think of black americans as my black ppl, africans (except maybe them north african arabs) my ppl, west indians my ppl, afro-latinos my ppl, etc etc.
I'm gonna be real. I didn't read after "I'm hating"

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I see chit like this I say this Nicca a idiot. Why the hell you buying half a million of purses. My feelings aren't hurt but I know there is plenty of things he could do with his money to make a difference, instead of showing the world all the expensive chit he can buy.

The old "make a difference" narrative.....:stopitslime:
It's all realitive.....I'm sure there's a lower economic rung that can look at you and criticize your $200 smartphone or $400 gaming system. Get off of your "expensive" device and go make a difference:camby:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Mayweather will be fine. He's seen what happened to other athletes and celebrities so I don't think he'll make the same mistakes. Plus he's made some nice investments. I don't like his attitude but I respect his talent and i'm happy to see a black man making money.:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Yaw are stupid, no offense. Floyd makes more than 90% of the country yearly off interest alone. He will never go broke unless he is the dumbest man alive.

Last edited: