I started Elden Ring a few days ago and sorry but Bloodborne absolutely shyts all over this game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Is that what Blasphemous Blade does? Give you HP off of hits?

It heals 4% of maximum health plus i think like 60 hp for every enemy killed. You don’t even have to use it it specifically to kill an enemy you can just off-hand it

It will save you like two flask’s worth of heals

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Now hold on, my nikkas, let's not get ahead of ourselves

Elden Ring is incoherent as fukk and I refuse to believe anyone finished this game without looking at a guide about where to go next

There's absoulutely NO throughline, it's just one dungeon after another, all converging in some final boss battle at the end of the game (which I haven't reached yet)

BB story was simple and the motivations were clear. It didn't overstay its welcome, and I've played it at least 10 times. I doubt I'll be doing an NG+ run of Elden Ring simply because of how annoying many of the locations are.

Facts. I loved Elden Ring and been a FS stan since Demon Souls on ps3. BB is their GOAT. Elden Ring was too long and repetitive. I played 500 hours in BB. I beat Elden Ring and was exhausted and had no passion to play it again. Still was a great game but its almost too big and spread out for me to rerun that game.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
That's a fact. At this point, Eldon Ring is probably my least favorite souls game. Definitely not as good as Bloodborne, Sekiro or DS3 imo

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Is that what Blasphemous Blade does? Give you HP off of hits?

Also, there's no reason Arcane, Faith, Intelligence, and Mind needed to be four separate attributes, they could have easily all been collapsed into Arcane. I can't use blasphemous because I don't see the point in upgrading Faith, at least until I get the holy relic sword or whatever that golden one is

No those stats can't be condensed into one. Arcane = Blood damage and item discovery, faith = holy, intelligence = magic, mind = FP. Why do y'all insist on turning this shyt into a casual ass game.

This is a lot of peoples problem with Bloodborne. It dumbed the game down and made stats meaningless by making the actual combat the same no matter what stat you focus on and want Elden Ring to do the same. Stats matter in Elden Ring, it's key to making your build. If you can't use it, find a weapon within your stat load out that works for you.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No those stats can't be condensed into one. Arcane = Blood damage and item discovery, faith = holy, intelligence = magic, mind = FP.

@Dorian Breh

This part.

If you put a bunch of points into Arcane then Bleed will build much, much faster.

Part of the reason you're struggling is, even with a Bleed build, your point spread is all over the place.

Go DEX/ARC and only put points in other shyt if it compliments your katanas. If you want to use FAI or STR or whatever based weapons, just respec. I've re-did my stats like 8-9x....those Larval Tears are all over the place. You can get 18 in one play through.

Fred.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
No those stats can't be condensed into one. Arcane = Blood damage and item discovery, faith = holy, intelligence = magic, mind = FP. Why do y'all insist on turning this shyt into a casual ass game.

This is a lot of peoples problem with Bloodborne. It dumbed the game down and made stats meaningless by making the actual combat the same no matter what stat you focus on and want Elden Ring to do the same. Stats matter in Elden Ring, it's key to making your build. If you can't use it, find a weapon within your stat load out that works for you.

Word. Folk out here wanting Elden Ring to be some simplified shyt where you've only got three stats like The Surge games :scust:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Okay, my nikkas, Mind and Intelligence could definitely be the same stat
No they can't. :heh:

Mind is a stat that effects your physical characteristics. Mind increases FP. Vigor increases HP. Endurance increases stamina and equipment load.

You can have high mind and low intelligence if you are say... a faith build because intelligence controls sorceries and faith controls incantations(arcane plays into dragon incantations as well).

This is not Bloodborne where your stats don't matter because your gonna play the same no matter what. You aren't supposed to be able to do everything in this game. You have to pick a lane and stick with it in this one or you will get your ass kicked. Git gud or turn off the game and be a family man.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
After thinking it over, I’ll give the edge to Elden Ring.

Story wise, BB has the lovecraft thing going for it which is great but I like the family of demigods aspect that ER has.

The variety of ER is better too. Not just from locations, but also the build variety.

With BB, once I got Ludwig’s Holy Blade I felt like I was set. With ER, in addition to all the weapons,you got the incantations and sorceries, plus the ash of war abilities too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Look at @MeachTheMonster passive aggressively dapping all anti-Bloodborne posts :mjlol:
It’s clear everyone but you egregious sony fans feel the same way about the games.

You in here complaining about all the things that make elden ring great to fans.

Begging for a watered down causal experience so you can follow the story and don’t have to think/strategize much.

Sony stan’s like their games with little resistance :wow:

Daps

Good points.

ER is more like an RPG-ish game while the other Souls games are more action/linear. I love ER, but can understand why some wouldn't like it.

My only real complaint with the game, well 2, is that the story isn't strong enough. Lots of lore but you need storytelling in a game this massive.

Only other issue is the hyper-mobile bosses. Seemingly every one of them hits like a truck, has endless stamina and jumps around flying/gliding anytime you get a few hits in. Flip side is that we have summons to make it more fair...evens out.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Good points.

ER is more like an RPG-ish game while the other Souls games are more action/linear. I love ER, but can understand why some wouldn't like it.

My only real complaint with the game, well 2, is that the story isn't strong enough. Lots of lore but you need storytelling in a game this massive.

Only other issue is the hyper-mobile bosses. Seemingly every one of them hits like a truck, has endless stamina and jumps around flying/gliding anytime you get a few hits in. Flip side is that we have summons to make it more fair...evens out.
Dark Souls is just as RPG-ish as Elden Ring. Bloodborne and Sekiro are not, which is why I don't consider them Souls games.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It’s clear everyone but you egregious sony fans feel the same way about the games.

You in here complaining about all the things that make elden ring great to fans.

Begging for a watered down causal experience so you can follow the story and don’t have to think/strategize much.

Sony stan’s like their games with little resistance :wow:
You're just mad that the GOAT FromSoft game is a Playstation exclusive and always will be

See you in the Lies of P thread, I'll stop by to say hi