I saw Godzilla tonight

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That wasn't a tease.

A tease is a taste of what's to come. Like in TDKR when Batman is fighting those guys on the roof and then hops in his batwing just as Bane starts strolling in like a pimp. It's a hint that these 2 are gonna go at it later. That's a tease. It's supposed to leave you wanting more.

Everyone in the theater was practically counting down the minutes until the Godzilla reveal because the movie was so boring up until that point. Not only that but the movie itself actually takes the time to BUILD towards the reveal so we were led to believe there was going to be some sort of payoff. And when they finally reveal the monster in his full glory you got the sense that the movie was finally ready to kick into gear.

Remember that scene in TDKR when Batman and Bane meet for the first time? Picture Bane saying "Not as serious as yours..."... and then instead of showing us the fight they skip over it and only show us the aftermath.

That wouldn't be a tease, that would just be flat out cruel. That's how people felt during Godzilla.
Word tell me more about this exit poll you took at the theatre :comeon:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I watched this film and i gotta say it was odd seeing human beings praising and worshipping a demonic entity of gargantuan proportions friends. What was it that made Godzilla good? How many bodies did he potentially catch in this film and people were cheering him just because he woke up from a nap and decided not to squash anyone on his way back to the ocean? Its pretty scary that the protector of humanity is a giant lizard but i guess he had to do what he had to do because that Muto was poised to take over the planet. Still its unrealistic for people to suddenly not be afraid of that demonic beast and cheer him. Maybe they were cheering because he was going away. Its so demonic, friends.

Last edited:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Never really wtched Godzilla Movies but I really Enjoyed this Movie more than 1 that came out in the early 2000s where Godzilla was Nesting in MSG and all. I wasn't aware how big of a part Radiation played in Godzilla either, no wonder he has such a Huge Following and Franchise. Seeing this Movie lso makes me Wonder if anybody would step up nd be willing to Introduce Roger Smith to the World with a Live Action Big-O Movie but then I remembered how People felt about Pacific Rim so :sadbron:

This Movie waas Dope though, Nice Balance with Build Up, Action and Emotion..all Nicely Executed.:salute:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

My bad you're right I shouldn't speak on behalf of everyone that saw the movie. I could only speak for myself.

But from the looks of it A LOT of people had a similar experience and felt that same frustration watching this movie. I know at the very least everyone I saw it with hated it and I heard multiple groans in the audience whenever they would cut away right in the middle of an action sequence.

The general feeling I got during my screening was that mostly everyone hated it. The only moment that had gotten even the slightest reaction was when Zilla tore open homeboy's jaw and blew fire down his throat. There were definitely some oohs and ahhs that were audible.

As ppl were leaving I heard lots of them complaining.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Well didn't the director say that e was holding back in order to build anticipation for the appearance of Godzilla and the final fight? I think it is safe to say people in the theatre were definitely anticipating Seeing Godzilla appear in a movie called "Godzilla"

At the theatre I went to I heard a few groups of people confused as to why they kept cutting away from the action.

Dude next to me was legit snoring through a lot of the film... Im actually glad I wasn't the only one falling asleep after reading these thread responses. I felt like a douche falling asleep after I dragged my friends to the theatre, but I couldn't help it.

I hope the sequel is better.. I'll definitely give it another chance because the action scenes when they showed them, were excellent.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it isn't suspense. Hitchcock once said, if four men sit at a table with a bomb underneath it, as long as the bomb doesn't go off, you have suspense, but when the bomb goes off, you have action, and the suspense is over. This movie repeatedly lets the bomb goes off, but it shows us nothing so there's no pay-off to the suspense which just as quickly vaporizes. Or are you telling me that you were still sitting in the theater like :lupe: after they cut from Godzilla's roar at the Honolulu airport to the kid watching it on the news?

:lawd:

i was so disappointed. What happened to the scenes in the teaser trailer with all the bodies laying around and the fear and destruction. Cranston was the only one with fear or any emotional response. Ancient monsters appear and no one cared. Even the soldiers were like, "We'll just lure them away and nuke em:ehh:." That scene with the school bus on the bridge...you wanna know how to give that impact?...kill the kids:birdman:. But it's Hollywood so:whoa: "we can't show kids dying." Giant monsters are tearing through a city. People will die so show it. :whoa: "That's too dark. We gotta sell toys."

I say Cranston survives, Kick Ass dies, and his wife and son die in San Fran. In the end Cranston is left broken, losing his family to the monsters. Godzilla eats the Muto and returns to the sea to rest.

fukk Hollywood. They could have created a dark, grim, emotional movie but went for the same young, hero white guy doing it for his wife and kid. This is why I like Korean movies. They're :demonic:when the story calls for it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I watched this film and i gotta say it was odd seeing human beings praising and worshipping a demonic entity of gargantuan proportions friends. What was it that made Godzilla good? How many bodies did he potentially catch in this film and people were cheering him just because he woke up from a nap and decided not to squash anyone on his way back to the ocean? Its pretty scary that the protector of humanity is a giant lizard but i guess he had to do what he had to do because that Muto was poised to take over the planet. Still its unrealistic for people to suddenly not be afraid of that demonic beast and cheer him. Maybe they were cheering because he was going away. Its so demonic, friends.

And you can argue that Godzilla killed more people than the other monsters combined with that tsunami he caused. And he didn't even stick around and help with the cleanup.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
After reading some of these responses I see a lot of people feel like I did. I was super geeked to see this movie, but it turned out to be a major meathead flick. Terrible acting, terrible dramatization, the story even sucked balls. I thought the action would clean it up, but it also failed. I was really disappointed in this flick. @TheGodling hit the nail on the head with the Hitchcock quote. Those scenes just felt unfinished, and incomplete. @street heat got it right too when he said there was no real sense of panic. Everybody was so poised while all this destruction was going on. So much wrong with this movie, I guess I'm just venting my disappointment. On to the next one I guess.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
After reading some of these responses I see a lot of people feel like I did. I was super geeked to see this movie, but it turned out to be a major meathead flick. Terrible acting, terrible dramatization, the story even sucked balls. I thought the action would clean it up, but it also failed. I was really disappointed in this flick. @TheGodling hit the nail on the head with the Hitchcock quote. Those scenes just felt unfinished, and incomplete. @street heat got it right too when he said there was no real sense of panic. Everybody was so poised while all this destruction was going on. So much wrong with this movie, I guess I'm just venting my disappointment. On to the next one I guess.
The movie was like BUILDING FALLS, OMGGAWWWWWW (cut scene) :aicmon:

MUTO SHOWS UP!!!!! UH O ITS BOUT TO GET REAL:ohhh:

GODZILLA SHOWS UP UHOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS ABOUT TO GET REALLY REAL:gladbron:

GODZILLA ROARSSS!!!!!!!!! :krs:

Cut scene:what:

:camby:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
The movie was like BUILDING FALLS, OMGGAWWWWWW (cut scene) :aicmon:

MUTO SHOWS UP!!!!! UH O ITS BOUT TO GET REAL:ohhh:

GODZILLA SHOWS UP UHOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS ABOUT TO GET REALLY REAL:gladbron:

GODZILLA ROARSSS!!!!!!!!! :krs:

Cut scene:what:

:camby:
hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I haven't seen the movie yet but can yall tell me if it was like that weak ass movie Cloverfield the way the build up was presented?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Muto and Godzilla initiative a potentially epic skermish in the middle of the city

(cut scene to see what the humans are doing)

Asian-Facepalm-Of-Shame.gif
The worse part was when they cut to the little boy watching it on that little ass tv. I'm like, there's a monster fight going on and we don't get to see it?? I'm like
210_makingtheband_v6.jpg
????

And the director's all like.....

fc0fb48c86ebcae0690e1a7d7af26d823a238c5cf460e3638c185ad805372af7.jpg

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
He was roaring because he was telling the actors there putting him to sleep. Acting was so bad that Godzillia didn't even acknowledge most of the extras or the military. Even the Mutos gave a half ass effort. Godzilla waking up and lazily walking back to the ocean on some :mjpls: was a fitting end to the movie.

Dap + rep just for this statement alone...this movie was just a tad bit better than the '98 travesty.

As almost everyone has stated, cutting away from the action of Godzilla's intro was unforgivable. Can you imagine if the Jaeger and Kaiju in Pacific Rim jumped at one another and then they cut to a scene of a kid sleeping or some shyt?! LMAO