I saw Godzilla tonight

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Can we please stop with the "you just wanted to see two hours of monsters fighting" hyperbole. Aint nobody saying that:snoop: nobody expected that, we just wanted more of the "title" monster and actually seeing him fight other monsters clearly in 2 or 3 scenes, whilst also including likeable human characters to seamlessly drag the movie along when they're not on screen. Aliens is a good example, especially the charismatic marine team along with Ripley, Newt, Burke and Bishop.

Bingo. They could've brought the cast from 2012 in it and it would've been more entertaining

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:dahell:

Whats with these monster movies and almost all of the action scenes being at night when you can barely tell whats going on?

Pacific Rim did the same shyt but Godzilla did it even worse which I didn't think was possible.

WTF most of the shyt in all the Transformers movies is in broad daylight.

Makes it easier for the CGI realism. Looks more fugazzy during the day.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I can't believe some of the bullshyt I'm reading here.

Complaining about the teaser fights? Its called suspense you fukking morons. And to compare average pacific rim with its dumb ass robot COMEDY CLOWN story and shytty acting outside of elba to this?

Good lord you guys don't like shyt.

No, it isn't suspense. Hitchcock once said, if four men sit at a table with a bomb underneath it, as long as the bomb doesn't go off, you have suspense, but when the bomb goes off, you have action, and the suspense is over. This movie repeatedly lets the bomb goes off, but it shows us nothing so there's no pay-off to the suspense which just as quickly vaporizes. Or are you telling me that you were still sitting in the theater like :lupe: after they cut from Godzilla's roar at the Honolulu airport to the kid watching it on the news?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Was most definitely a snoozefest. Drink coffee before you peep this or its lights out. Godzilla roaring the only thing keeping you awake in this garbage:shaq2:

He was roaring because he was telling the actors there putting him to sleep. Acting was so bad that Godzillia didn't even acknowledge most of the extras or the military. Even the Mutos gave a half ass effort. Godzilla waking up and lazily walking back to the ocean on some :mjpls: was a fitting end to the movie.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i saw this tonight as well.... typical hollywood garbage, bad dialogue, weak/stupid plot...

i was amazed at how calm everyone was to the huge monsters leveling entire cities. there was no real sense of shock or panic and that annoyed me aside from the other bad things about this movie. some of the ending action sequences were good but overall its just not a good movie and i dont ever care to see it again.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was coo, Godzilla definitely needed to shown fighting more. His entrance was epic as hell, tho. :whoo: My favorite scene of the year so far. His fukking stomp, man you felt that shyt. :damn:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can't believe some of the bullshyt I'm reading here.

Complaining about the teaser fights? Its called suspense you fukking morons. And to compare average pacific rim with its dumb ass robot COMEDY CLOWN story and shytty acting outside of elba to this?

Good lord you guys don't like shyt.

That wasn't a tease.

A tease is a taste of what's to come. Like in TDKR when Batman is fighting those guys on the roof and then hops in his batwing just as Bane starts strolling in like a pimp. It's a hint that these 2 are gonna go at it later. That's a tease. It's supposed to leave you wanting more.

Everyone in the theater was practically counting down the minutes until the Godzilla reveal because the movie was so boring up until that point. Not only that but the movie itself actually takes the time to BUILD towards the reveal so we were led to believe there was going to be some sort of payoff. And when they finally reveal the monster in his full glory you got the sense that the movie was finally ready to kick into gear.

Remember that scene in TDKR when Batman and Bane meet for the first time? Picture Bane saying "Not as serious as yours..."... and then instead of showing us the fight they skip over it and only show us the aftermath.

That wouldn't be a tease, that would just be flat out cruel. That's how people felt during Godzilla.