I saw Godzilla tonight

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enemy monsters more than godzilla has been the formula for years
Yup this was a good re-introduction for Godzilla. I was watching King Ghidorah last night and realized Godzilla didn't show up till about 46 minutes in and that was a very brief appearance. I think Terror of Mechagodzilla is the same way, IIRC.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
the director had a vision and especially from his super low budget previous monster flick, he kinda got shyt twisted..what a bad idea..
U would think the studio execs would've said something after screening the film.

We did give u money to make a movie about Godzilla right? :comeon:

Don't worry he's in the movie I promise.

:patrice: well we are over half way through and he still hasn't appeared..?

I promise he makes a grand entrance!

15 mins pass...

Are u sure Godzilla is in this movie we primary funded and titled Godzilla?:lupe: Cuz all we are seeing is a bad actor and mutos..?

Oh wait there he is! For ten seconds... :snoop:

There he is again! ..... For two seconds.. :snoop:

Movie ends...

Well Gareth, it is what it is...

Thats why u hired me. :troll:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
It's going to open in the $90 million range at the box office, combine that with the fact it will do great overseas and with the budget being $160 million, this will more than likely make a profit and get a sequel in the works.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Sequel needs to be balls out mayhem. No holding back and get these boring ass cacs out the film. Get some human characters u might actually care about if they die or whatever. Grow some Godzilla balls and make a fukkin classic.

IMA still cop the bluray. Godzilla's design was epic no doubt.​

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can't see this getting a sequel. Word is traveling fast that Godzilla is barely in it.

Looks like it opened pretty big but I expect sizable drop offs from here on out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's some whiny fakkits in here but they don't matter, movie was dope as fukk. The visuals were straight :noah: status... I had seen much of the halo jump in the first trailer but it's great on the big screen.. the whole Golden Gate bridge scene was unreal.

My theater was live as fukk. The Hawaii scene had everyone like :ohhh: :merchant:

The final fight scene was wild. Whole theater was like :blessed: :clap:

shyt's dope. Cranston was great as expected but I would have liked more of him in this film. My main gripe was the lead actor. That dude was fukking garbage. :camby:

Very good 8.5/10

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I thought movie was dope
People complaining about the love story when it didn't even take up a lot of time. Olson girl was on screen for what, 15 minutes total? :comeon:
That's what I really liked, that they kept the romance and forced comedy to a minimum.
Hate it had to be Hal though

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm starting to think this would have been better if there were no other monsters in the flick(their screentime would have gone to Godzilla and he would have been the focus of the film, which he apparently isn't in this). However as this is a reboot they wanted to heavily distance themselves from the 1998 movie so threw in monsters and didn't make him a villain.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sequel needs to be balls out mayhem. No holding back and get these boring ass cacs out the film. Get some human characters u might actually care about if they die or whatever. Grow some Godzilla balls and make a fukkin classic.

IMA still cop the bluray. Godzilla's design was epic no doubt.​

The sequel will probably be set on Monster Island

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The film was good for an intro/origin flick. Edwards intentionally showed restraint since this is the first movie, so if there's a sequel I suspect he's going to pull out all the stops. If he introduces King Ghidorah :wow:
They dont want the gawd to shine like that :wow: tryna hold me back

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I agree. Hes got a film coming up where whites are trying to escape earth before impending doom just like interstellar. When Worlds Collide. Then you got those damn TIN TIN movies, which ive never seen so i cant really pass judgement. Heres a description of the worlds collide flick

A rogue planet is discovered on a collision course for Earth, and mass hysteria of biblical proportions will break out in the streets once knowledge of the secret and impending doom is leaked to the public. But an astronomer discovers a second planet (Alpha) accompanying the first: Bronson Beta, named after its South African discoverer, Sven Bronson. Instruments find that Alpha is capable of sustaining life. Soliciting huge sums of money, billions of dollars from Philanthropist, Millionaires, Billionaires, the wealth of private capital, he and other scientist are scoffed at as they embark on a daring, near-impossible plan to build rocket ships (as many as can be constructed in the short time left) to transport a small group of people to the planet Alpha in order to populate it and ensure survival of the human race and its flora and animal species. With society disintegrating into chaos and madness, they continue their efforts and struggles to save what little of humanity they can and their lives!
:manny: i could see it working.

Then you got BFG - big friendly giant :camby: He spoiled me on saving private ryan, jurassic park and war of the worlds. Wanted more of that but its his world.

Hold up hold up, the OG animated movie was crack. If Spielberg does that movie without softening it up, it should be awesome!