I never saw Michael Jordan play in his prime....

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
The Utah jazz were not that great

I agree with this. They were a very good team though and were gave everybody fits because of their played great at home. That was a great matchup for the bulls. Pippen and Jordan were matched up against Hornacek and Russell. :heh: Rodman and Harper did the heavy lifting on defense.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
seriously, there isnt another fan local fan base for a team that'ts been more spoiled than bulls fans in chicago in the 90s... NEVER lost a championship, i'm from cali and was a fan of the bulls cuz of jordan as a kid, and even i knew it was a wrap in the finals... must've felt great to have been a long time bulls fan watching that shyt unfold :ohlawd:

6 finals appearances, 0 losses, and watch the goat's career >>>>>>>>

Niccas need to understand, the FINALS was where this dude showed his azz.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
then watch the tape of his games

its the same thing everybody else was doing when they were watching jordan play.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
3H3ii.St.4.jpeg

This is the jordan I grew up on :win:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
THis is quoted for biblical purposes. This is the truth and then some.

Anyone old enough to remember knows that Shaq was just too dominant back in the day. The man was his own center of gravity (no pun intended). He OWNED that team, and everyone knew it including Kobe. Jordan was the "shaq" of his team. I'd even argue that although they are different positions, Shaq is more comparable to Jordan in terms of what he meant to his team than Kobe was.

And to keep it 100%....I ALWAYS though AI was better in his prime by comparison. Around 96-05 I don't think anyone could honestly convince me that Kobe was better than AI.

I only began to really see Kobe as a top 3 elite player around 06' when he dropped that 81, and then eventually won 2 on his own. He definitely began to stand out individually and shaprened his game tremendously after that.

Show all of Shaqs rings pre Kobe. Better yet, how many finals wins does Shaq have before Kobe?

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I don't know about that breh. I remember them being the highest scoring team in the L one of those years and the bulls held them to the lowest scoring output in the finals history maybe even the playoff.

69 points I believe it was, with two hof'ers and a hof coach.

Because I think that any all star guard could have stepped in and performed and won titles with Shaq. No knock on kobe. You don't think Vince, tmac, grant hill etc. wouldn't have won without Shaq. For that matter even second teir players like finely, ray allen, arenas ect have won with Shaq. Again, not a knock in Kobe but more of a props to Shaq.

Name a championship team that won without an all star caliber bigs/post man? Its not many other than those bulls teams and they did it going up against hof big men.

Essentially in the those later chips he was the post man. Which is why it's so special. And we all know Kobe has never don anything without a top 5 big.:manny:

I never understand the argument that he won without Shaq. Stans would make it seem like he didn't have a big at all. When in actuality he got a to 5 big in Gasol and a pretty good second serviceable big in Bynum. You could never confuse Jordan's bigs with those players.

So where are Shaqs rings before Kobe? There aren't any. Not even a single finals win.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Show all of Shaqs rings pre Kobe. Better yet, how many finals wins does Shaq have before Kobe?

I'll show you that once you can show me all of Jordan's rings without Pippen.

Yet, I think we can all universally accept that MJ was better and more valuable to his team than Pippen was; just as we can all accept that Shaq was and is better than Kobe.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
I honeslty don't think anyone believes that if Kobe played eaxcatly in the same years as MJ did, and played exactly on the same team as MJ had...that he could replicate what MJ accomplished.

Kobe in the 80s and 90s would not have been "great", but just another very good player. To be 1000% honest, Kobe is just an upgraded Pippen.

:ld:

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
When you have a guy that is tripled team, that makes everyone on the team WAY better than they were. Is there another guy you know that was tripled team routinely?? Look I think Kobe is a great player, but again he played with SHAQ!!! I really think people forgot, you mention one game state line, plenty of players had unbelievable stat lines, If you look at Kobe's numbers during the Shaq years, he had his best number (across the board, not just looking at points), It's no coincidence Penny, Kobe, Wade all had their best years with Shaq(prime years), 3 of those rings belong to Shaq, so when you look at the 2 Rings (best player on the team for those rings), looking at 10-15 players ahead or right next to Kobe, it's not impossible to do

MJ, Wilt, Shaq, Bird, Magic, Bill Russell, Kareem, Tim Duncan, Isiah, Oscar Robinson, Hakeem, Lebron, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, I'm not saying all these guys are ahead of Kobe, but if someone told me they thought all these guys were better than Kobe, I would not necessarily disagree.

Most people live too much in the present with sports, Kobe is great, but he's played with a great organization who care less about a luxury tax. I wonder how Kobe's career would have turned out had he stayed in Charlotte.

2005, Kobes first year without Shaq, every Kobe hater said he would score less because there wouldn't be anyone commanding triple teams. "Oh, now hes gonna see what its really like to have to carry a load, he won't be getting 30 ppg at all". So what happens? Next season he takes a massive shyt on the league and gets 35, then 30 again. Kid was scoring at will, without Shaq.

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I'll show you that once you can show me all of Jordan's rings without Pippen.

Yet, I think we can all universally accept that MJ was better and more valuable to his team than Pippen was; just as we can all accept that Shaq was and is better than Kobe.

How is Shaq better? Because he named himself the MDE? If hes so dominant, how does a SG have more rings than him? How does that same SG have more rings without him, the he does without the SG? Shaq was so good, he played for 28 teams in the league. Kobe, just one.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is Shaq better? Because he named himself the MDE? If hes so dominant, how does a SG have more rings than him? How does that same SG have more rings without him, the he does without the SG? Shaq was so good, he played for 28 teams in the league. Kobe, just one.

:shaq2: Shaq is clearly the MDE since Wilt. Have Did you ever watch him during the 3 peat, that shyt isnt even a discussion. Not one GM would take a prime Kobe over a prime Shaq, not one.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, are nikkas still really on that "he played with Shaq" bullshyt?

Playing with Shaq was obviously helpful in Kobe winning titles, but that has jack shyt to do with how great Kobe is an an individual player.

And just to prove how full of shyt people are when they say that "All of those rings belong to Shaq"...

Why does that same logic NEVER apply to Magic Johnson?

Magic Johnson is a five time NBA champion yet is only a 3 time finals MVP. Magic Johnson was drafted to a team that already had Kareem (arguably the greatest big man to ever live). Magic Johnson played with multiple hall of famers for the majority of his NBA career.

Taking all that into consideration how come I never hear people say "Magic only deserves credit for 3 of those rings" or "Magic only won with Kareem" or "Magic couldn't win without a bunch of hall of famers".

It's a bullshyt argument that only gets applied to Kobe Bryant.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:shaq2: Shaq is clearly the MDE since Wilt. Have Did you ever watch him during the 3 peat, that shyt isnt even a discussion. Not one GM would take a prime Kobe over a prime Shaq, not one.

Mitch Kupchak did.....

Dudes in here rewriting history.

When that trade for Shaq went down people were still acting like Shaq was in his prime and saying the Lakers had made the biggest mistake ever.

"You just don't trade Shaquille O'Neal, you'll never get equal value in return. The Lakers will regret this move for years to come".