I Make $105K A Year As A Plumber, living in San Antonio, TX

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many misconceptions in this thread on the Plumbing trades, I had to address it

1. Like only 15% of Plumbing work is "deal with other people's shyt". If you are doing New Construction, that never happens. It's a completely clean side of the trade. Only thing you'll deal with is sawdust and chalk lol. So get that out of your heads

2. Most of what you see as "dealing with other people's shyt" all the time are Drain Cleaners. And if you call a Plumber a Drain cleaner, he'll laugh in your face lol. There are more to plumbing then just replacing toilets, come on brehs :deadrose:

3. Most of Plumbing work primarily deals with water that people use to shower, drink, etc. Then you got water heaters some HVAC added into it as well. Then you have sump pumps. Way more complex tasks than the simplified way you guys are thinking of it. Which is why alof of cities who offer Plumbing licenses have to go through the State Health system as well to get certified

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I don’t like the whole “ don’t go to college, get a trade” discourse. The question of rather to choose a trade or go to college can be a complex one

Its just tradesmen overcompensating for the fact anybody who can piss standing up can do their job

I work in landscaping and the hardest part of my day is waking up

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

- 30 years old
- Journeyman Plumber
- Making between 105k and 125k a year
- Started Plumbing at 20 years old
- Pushed by his high school to pursue a degree with propaganda, went to college but dropped out
- Now he's making six figures, working towards being a Master Plumber
- The company he works for and other companies are looking for Plumbers they can hire

I
Shout out to him :salute:

I’m not going to knock the man career however I’m calling BS on his story. He said he dropped out with three credits left due to a 500 dollar psychology book.

I have a minor in Psychology and I’m telling you he’s lying. No Professor especially a community college professor is going to put their students under that much of a financial strain. Secondly, a possible 500 dollar psych textbook would be clinical at least and I doubt a community college is offering clinical trial classes.

I call BS on this

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I’m not going to knock the man career however I’m calling BS on his story. He said he dropped out with three credits left due to a 500 dollar psychology book.

I have a minor in Psychology and I’m telling you he’s lying. No Professor especially a community college professor is going to put their students under that much of a financial strain. Secondly, a possible 500 dollar psych textbook would be clinical at least and I doubt a community college is offering clinical trial classes.

I call BS on this

Yeah he playing that role. Ain’t no fukking community college finna have you pay over $100 on anything other than maybe a calculator.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ima guess you dont have much experience in the restaurant industry saying this nonsense

never ceases to amaze me how the Coli can down talk literally everything...
black folks need to get more into the trades...
you see Mexicans coming up in real time with that shyt...

even the ones making no money...
they use those skills to fix up their neighborhoods and help out the older people that need house work
most ignorant post I've seen in a minute.

@ the bolded:mjlol:

badboys11 should prolly be silverspoonboy11 :russ:

sounds like breh has never had to work a day in his lyfe :dead:
He is triiiiiiiiiipping. Retail and restaurant workers be the most miserable folks alive for a reason. I never drank in the middle of shifts until retail. I got a job that was behind my house and on break would have pizza and a beer or two (Miller High Life, so you know I was living trife).

People take making a living for granted. I can guarantee you: There is NOTHING in life worse than having a job that takes up all your time, and you still have to deal with life's regular bullshyt, while having to deal with irregular hours and pay that barely gets you by if at all. If you are going to throw away time and your body, doing so in the trades is way better than being that 30+ year old with sciatica doing checkout in target while living in a trailer with your mother and sister. Ask me if the example I brought up was a real person I knew:francis:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
most ignorant post I've seen in a minute.

@ the bolded:mjlol:

badboys11 should prolly be silverspoonboy11 :russ:

sounds like breh has never had to work a day in his lyfe :dead:
Damn G you hurt my feelings I thought we was cool breh :pachaha:

I actually own my business and have been doing so for over a decade, this man just called me lazy :snoop:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
He is triiiiiiiiiipping. Retail and restaurant workers be the most miserable folks alive for a reason. I never drank in the middle of shifts until retail. I got a job that was behind my house and on break would have pizza and a beer or two (Miller High Life, so you know I was living trife).

People take making a living for granted. I can guarantee you: There is NOTHING in life worse than having a job that takes up all your time, and you still have to deal with life's regular bullshyt, while having to deal with irregular hours and pay that barely gets you by if at all. If you are going to throw away time and your body, doing so in the trades is way better than being that 30+ year old with sciatica doing checkout in target while living in a trailer with your mother and sister. Ask me if the example I brought up was a real person I knew:francis:
Shut up. Wrote all that to say nothing :stopitslime:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Soft. Manz said he'd rather wait tables like a broad in college just lol:mjlol:
Yeah I would. I'd much rather make 250 in 4 hours and bounce rather than crawl on the ground dealing with insects, let me pick up a second job serving and let's see who's pockets are fatter. I ain't talking bout waiting tables in the middle of Houston somewhere, I know single women who have paid for their houses and sent the kids to college off of Disney money, what u know about serving in the tourist hotspots of Orlando.

I work smart not hard. Management makes 6 figures easy down here.

And y'all jackasses trying to jump my comment, I'm swinging at everybody:umad:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
So many misconceptions in this thread on the Plumbing trades, I had to address it

1. Like only 15% of Plumbing work is "deal with other people's shyt". If you are doing New Construction, that never happens. It's a completely clean side of the trade. Only thing you'll deal with is sawdust and chalk lol. So get that out of your heads

2. Most of what you see as "dealing with other people's shyt" all the time are Drain Cleaners. And if you call a Plumber a Drain cleaner, he'll laugh in your face lol. There are more to plumbing then just replacing toilets, come on brehs :deadrose:

3. Most of Plumbing work primarily deals with water that people use to shower, drink, etc. Then you got water heaters some HVAC added into it as well. Then you have sump pumps. Way more complex tasks than the simplified way you guys are thinking of it. Which is why alof of cities who offer Plumbing licenses have to go through the State Health system as well to get certified
That shyt ain't for me breh, but this is a very informative response. If this is your line of work I salute you :salute:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Damn G you hurt my feelings I thought we was cool breh :pachaha:

I actually own my business and have been doing so for over a decade, this man just called me lazy :snoop:

silver spoon don't mean lazy you idiot.

let me guess you inherited said business silverspoon11 :lolbron:

must be nice having everyone else do all the work huh; your perspective making a lot more sense :troll:

this tunes for you boss man :wow:

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
I hear this all the time but honestly dont know anymore in HVAC or plumbing. How do you get into it?
We need workers so bad just walk into some contractor and say you got a strong back. They will teach you on the job