I Make $105K A Year As A Plumber, living in San Antonio, TX

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Trades are cool and I'm all for them, but a lot of these apprenticeships are cornered by white folks. Difficult for black folks to enter the market unless they're in a majority black area.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
In every labor job I have had, not being able to pass a piss test and being overall lazy was the #1 reason folks didn't get jobs. It's uncanny that folks can't feel the bag fumble in real time. If not for an injury that messed up my seniority, I would have stuck out UPS to get on the trucks 15 years ago. That would have been an incredible living.
I have a theory that if I offered 10 people $5,0000 to walk 5 miles everyday for two weeks. At the end of two weeks 80% would have a reason as to why they couldn't complete the task.

Daps

- 30 years old
- Journeyman Plumber
- Making between 105k and 125k a year
- Started Plumbing at 20 years old
- Pushed by his high school to pursue a degree with propaganda, went to college but dropped out
- Now he's making six figures, working towards being a Master Plumber
- The company he works for and other companies are looking for Plumbers they can hire

I
Shout out to him :salute:

Well done to the dude. There's plenty of money in trade jobs.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
So many misconceptions in this thread on the Plumbing trades, I had to address it

1. Like only 15% of Plumbing work is "deal with other people's shyt". If you are doing New Construction, that never happens. It's a completely clean side of the trade. Only thing you'll deal with is sawdust and chalk lol. So get that out of your heads

2. Most of what you see as "dealing with other people's shyt" all the time are Drain Cleaners. And if you call a Plumber a Drain cleaner, he'll laugh in your face lol. There are more to plumbing then just replacing toilets, come on brehs :deadrose:

3. Most of Plumbing work primarily deals with water that people use to shower, drink, etc. Then you got water heaters some HVAC added into it as well. Then you have sump pumps. Way more complex tasks than the simplified way you guys are thinking of it. Which is why alof of cities who offer Plumbing licenses have to go through the State Health system as well to get certified
Yep just sitting back reading all the misconceptions. Plumbers don’t deal with human excrement AT ALL. We provide clean water. If u have clogged toilet u call a drain cleaner (totally separate).
We also provide natural gas for water heaters, furnaces, boilers, ovens etc.
Trust me it’s only black people that think like this. Cacs n Mexicans get it and are laughing all the way to the bank.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Trades are cool and I'm all for them, but a lot of these apprenticeships are cornered by white folks. Difficult for black folks to enter the market unless they're in a majority black area.
Big facts they will try to discourage brehs from getting licensed but stick to the script and ull have something they can’t take away from u.