I Make $105K A Year As A Plumber, living in San Antonio, TX

horizon

Veteran
Daps
this isn't even good advice anymore :yeshrug:

if you KNOW what you wanna do, and it pays well; nursing, IT, engineer, etc, you should go to college

no one else should. going to college to get a bullshyt "business" degree is not a good move in 2024
Yall dapping a cac on a forum of black people saying fukk going to college lmao

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall dapping a cac on a forum of black people saying fukk going to college lmao
yes, going 30-40k into 7 percent debt, to get a generic college degree that basically acts as a second high school diploma, is a bad move in 2024

if you know exactly what you wanna do for a career when you're 18, engineering, IT, etc, it's a good move

Menna

All Star
Daps

- 30 years old
- Journeyman Plumber
- Making between 105k and 125k a year
- Started Plumbing at 20 years old
- Pushed by his high school to pursue a degree with propaganda, went to college but dropped out
- Now he's making six figures, working towards being a Master Plumber
- The company he works for and other companies are looking for Plumbers they can hire

I
Shout out to him :salute:

Get on your knees for money brah

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t like the whole “ don’t go to college, get a trade” discourse. The question of rather to choose a trade or go to college can be a complex one
taking a year off should be promoted more, too. or at least seen as a completely normal thing to do

take some entry level job, save up some money. take another year to look around at jobs and what you might wanna study

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Theres a reason they get paid good and no one wants to do it

It's dirty, disgusting, back breaking work that goes home with you cause it's impossible to wash your hands enough to not have hands stained with filth. Salute to guy but that shyt ain't for everybody

Just like HVAC. U gonna be on your hands and knees crawling through the dirt all day every day. You will get bit and stung on the regular. You have no AC in the summer, just have to deal with it. No heat in the winter. Spiders. Scorpions. Snakes. Flying cockroaches. Hidden hornet nests. Alligators camping underneath houses to escape the heat. Rat nests. Heat strokes. Back pains. Being bit and feeling the pain getting worse and having no idea what bit you.

Salute to anyone doing that work but I'd rather do simple work like cook food or wait tables and move into management rather than hang with Mr. Hankey everyday or engage in mortal Kombat with wild animals cause somebody ac went down
ima guess you dont have much experience in the restaurant industry saying this nonsense

never ceases to amaze me how the Coli can down talk literally everything...
black folks need to get more into the trades...
you see Mexicans coming up in real time with that shyt...

even the ones making no money...
they use those skills to fix up their neighborhoods and help out the older people that need house work

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

It's dirty, disgusting, back breaking work that goes home with you cause it's impossible to wash your hands enough to not have hands stained with filth. Salute to guy but that shyt ain't for everybody

Just like HVAC. U gonna be on your hands and knees crawling through the dirt all day every day. You will get bit and stung on the regular. You have no AC in the summer, just have to deal with it. No heat in the winter. Spiders. Scorpions. Snakes. Flying cockroaches. Hidden hornet nests. Alligators camping underneath houses to escape the heat. Rat nests. Heat strokes. Back pains. Being bit and feeling the pain getting worse and having no idea what bit you.

Salute to anyone doing that work but I'd rather do simple work like cook food or wait tables and move into management rather than hang with Mr. Hankey everyday or engage in mortal Kombat with wild animals cause somebody ac went down

most ignorant post I've seen in a minute.

@ the bolded:mjlol:

badboys11 should prolly be silverspoonboy11 :russ:

sounds like breh has never had to work a day in his lyfe :dead:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Lot of trade positions are hard to fill throughout the country. Wild that so many men (specifically black and white men) won't go to college but won't learn a trade either.

Most trades require education/OJT. if you go union route it comes with a degree. they pay for it 2.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Propaganda?

From the video he said

"When I was in high school, it was very frowned on to do trades. They were really downplaying the trades and pushing college on everyone. From the teachers to the principals, everything was geared towards going to school. And if you didn't... good luck you might not make it"

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

Soft. Manz said he'd rather wait tables like a broad in college just lol:mjlol:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
SA got big girls?

:takedat:
The biggest.
full

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I made 120 last year without dealing with SH1T literally.

his back gone be fukked up when he turn 50

So many misconceptions in this thread on the Plumbing trades, I had to address it

1. Like only 15% of Plumbing work is "deal with other people's shyt". If you are doing New Construction, that never happens. It's a completely clean side of the trade. Only thing you'll deal with is sawdust and chalk lol. So get that out of your heads

2. Most of what you see as "dealing with other people's shyt" all the time are Drain Cleaners. And if you call a Plumber a Drain cleaner, he'll laugh in your face lol. There are more to plumbing then just replacing toilets, come on brehs :deadrose:

3. Most of Plumbing work primarily deals with water that people use to shower, drink, etc. Then you got water heaters some HVAC added into it as well. Then you have sump pumps. Way more complex tasks than the simplified way you guys are thinking of it. Which is why alof of cities who offer Plumbing licenses have to go through the State Health system as well to get certified