I just found something interesting. No artist under 30 in Rap or RnB is popping like that. Is Gen Z the most talentless generation??

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I'm going to end this back and forth because you said I'm moving goal posts when u originally quoted me saying Megan doesn't have the competition Missy had so her having #1's isn't impressive. You started off comparing the competition of the eras but now you are going back and forth playing dumb about which charts are which and then claimed I'm moving the goalpost.
You not only moved the goalpost, but you LIED about it.​
I'm done. You started off juelzing and that's all you been doing. You can quote me all u want I wont respond back.
:russ:

You're Juelzing since you can't lie about something us 'Ol' Heads' experienced first-hand.
In summary, Billboard stopped separating rap from the Top 100 chart gradually, with the first changes occurring in the early 1990s and more significant changes happening in the 2010s. Today, the charts are more integrated, and rap music is no longer tracked separately from the overall Top 100 chart.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You're full of shyt. Lauren Hill didn't kick any doors down, she was a rare exception to the rule. They were still fighting for recognition in the music industry.

Welp...That's the end of this conversation. Your version of history is obviously different from my version and there is no need to even argue about it. Say no more. I'm done. You don't have to quote me anymore.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You not only moved the goalpost, but you LIED about it.

One more thing. Play dumb all u want but this dude right here knows the difference...He even called it when he said....

Megan has 3 number 1 hits, 2 of them featured bigger artist than megan and the other one was a viral diss song.

Notice he knows the exact number from the Billboard 100 chart and isn't playing dumb like you are by comparing it to the Hip Hop charts like you were doing. And doing that doesn't make sense because Megan was on the Hip Hop charts too. Because then Megan has 2 charts while Missy only has 1 chart. Missy still has no Billboard 100. FACTS. He isn't going "but but but but 18 weeks" like you. At the least he's honest. So you playing dumb like you don't know the difference only makes u look like a troll.

OK I'm done fo real........Don't @ me. :ehh:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Notice he knows the exact number from the Billboard 100 chart and isn't playing dumb like you are by comparing it to the Hip Hop charts like you were doing.
Dude tried to say they tracked albums/singles on Billboard the same way in 2024 that they did in 1999....WHEN THEY STOPPED SEPARATING THEM IN 2010!!!!!
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
JuiceWrld and XXX were next up for that generation and probably would be rounding into peak form right now :mjcry:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
This is facts. My daughter and my lady’s daughter stay listening to Aaliyah, Lauryn Hill, and Monica. I’ve even heard Michel’le get some burn
:heh:
Real shyt. My daughters know more 90s R&B than anything else because that's what their mom listens to. My brain lightweight glitches when hearing kids singing shyt that I was listening to as a kid.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
65K first week ain't a lot........ She's pushed by Roc and the media, that's true. But is her music having a lasting effect on anyone? No

:duck:

1) Megan literally had this era repeating the term "Hot Girl Summer" FACT

2) Beyonce jumped on Megans song Savage to do the remix, not the other way around. Because that song was super big. FACT

3) Tik Tok is the new wave and Megans music has been a dominant factor on Tik Tok. One example....That "Body yady yody yody yody yody" song was everywhere and all over Tik Tok.

4) Cardi B and Megan made WAP a popular term

5) Just this year alone "Hiss" became the 1st Billboard #1 diss record in Hip Hop history before Kendrick.

6) She has countless Billboard #1s

These 6 facts confirm that you sir are seriously out of the loop and don't know what you are talking about.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:duck:

1) Megan literally had this era repeating the term "Hot Girl Summer" FACT

2) Beyonce jumped on Megans song Savage to do the remix, not the other way around. Because that song was super big. FACT

3) Tik Tok is the new wave and Megans music has been a dominant factor on Tik Tok. One example....That "Body yady yody yody yody yody" song was everywhere and all over Tik Tok.

4) Cardi B and Megan made WAP a popular term

5) Just this year alone "Hiss" became the 1st Billboard #1 diss record in Hip Hop history before Kendrick.

6) She has countless Billboard #1s

These 6 facts confirm that you sir are seriously out of the loop and don't know what you are talking about.

I only need one fact that obliterates your tired ass argument...... and here it is......

She sold 65K of her album in it's first week.....

She sold LESS than Don Tolliver. I rest my case. You want to be in the loop but u ain't cause you don't have the facts.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Real shyt. My daughters know more 90s R&B than anything else because that's what their mom listens to. My brain lightweight glitches when hearing kids singing shyt that I was listening to as a kid.
Just shows you how everything comes full circle. Me and my boys used to play a lot of 70s R&B when we were in hs

• Dap
Reactions: B86

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I only need one fact that obliterates your tired ass argument...... and here it is......

She sold 65K of her album in it's first week.....

She sold LESS than Don Tolliver. I rest my case. You want to be in the loop but u ain't cause you don't have the facts.
:comeon:

Lets look at the facts. You said But is her music having a lasting effect on anyone? No

But now your Juelzing about album sales when I specified the 6 things I mentioned are in response to u saying "her music has no lasting effect on anyone." I even bolded your quote and yet you ignore that part to talk about album sales. Kool G Rap also had poor album sales. So according to you his music had no lasting effect either.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Its pretty much saying older nikkas that thought they music making days came to an end, actually still have pressure to apply. Bonus points if you're able to adapt to and also swap (seamlessly) between the new styles and the more established sounds available to take inspiration from

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
One more thing. Play dumb all u want but this dude right here knows the difference...He even called it when he said....

Notice he knows the exact number from the Billboard 100 chart and isn't playing dumb like you are by comparing it to the Hip Hop charts like you were doing. And doing that doesn't make sense because Megan was on the Hip Hop charts too. Because then Megan has 2 charts while Missy only has 1 chart. Missy still has no Billboard 100. FACTS. He isn't going "but but but but 18 weeks" like you. At the least he's honest. So you playing dumb like you don't know the difference only makes u look like a troll.

OK I'm done fo real........Don't @ me. :ehh:
Don't try and use my post as validation when you're flat out wrong. As stated, billboard didn't stop separating rap from the hot 100 until after 2010. To try and compare chart activity from 2024 to the late 90s early 00s is retarded.