I just found something interesting. No artist under 30 in Rap or RnB is popping like that. Is Gen Z the most talentless generation??

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Don't try and use my post as validation when you're flat out wrong. As stated, billboard didn't stop separating rap from the hot 100 until after 2010. To try and compare chart activity from 2024 to the late 90s early 00s is retarded.
:duck:

Wrong.

It literally started in 1989., March 11, 1989 to be exact. Every since 1989 Hip Hop had it's own category for singles.

and on the flip side the Billboard 100's first rap song to go #1 was Vanilla Ice " Ice Ice Baby" in 1990.

So you are wrong twice.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Chief Keef and Future are the parents of the last decade

Which is why the quality regressed to the point of legal retardation.

Decades ago, black artists in their teens and early 20s were dropping masterpieces that became staples of their genres of music, now, those same age range artists sound like 12 years old at the age of 26.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
One social medium and 2 artists blowing up around 2011-13 sealed the fate of talent being vital in music

Once those artists undermined the likes of early Kendrick, J Cole, Wale, and Big Sean, I knew it was a wrap for black music as a whole.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Wrong.

It literally started in 1989., March 11, 1989 to be exact. Every since 1989 Hip Hop had it's own category for singles.

and on the flip side the Billboard 100's first rap song to go #1 was Vanilla Ice " Ice Ice Baby" in 1990.

So you are wrong twice.
When did billboard stop separating rap from top 100
Billboard initially started tracking rap music separately from the Top 100 chart in the late 1980s. The first rap chart, Hot Rap Singles, debuted on March 11, 1989, with “Self Destruction” by The Stop the Violence Movement topping the list.

Changes to Charting Methodology

In November 1991, Billboard began using SoundScan tracking, which incorporated sales data from retailers and other sources into its chart calculations. This change helped to reduce the disparity between the Hot Rap Singles chart and the Top 100 chart.

Consolidation of Charts

In October 2012, Billboard significantly changed its methodology for its country, rock, Latin, and rap charts, incorporating sales of digital downloads and streaming plays into what had previously been airplay-only charts. This change further blurred the lines between the rap and Top 100 charts.

Current Charting Methodology

Today, Billboard’s charts, including the Hot 100, use a combination of metrics, including sales, streaming, and airplay data, to determine the most popular songs. Rap music is no longer separated from the Top 100 chart, and the two charts have become more intertwined.

Conclusion

In summary, Billboard stopped separating rap from the Top 100 chart over the course of several years, with significant changes occurring in the early 1990s and again in the early 2010s. Today, the charts are more integrated, and rap music is considered part of the broader music landscape.

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

When did billboard stop separating rap from top 100
Billboard initially started tracking rap music separately from the Top 100 chart in the late 1980s. The first rap chart, Hot Rap Singles, debuted on March 11, 1989, with “Self Destruction” by The Stop the Violence Movement topping the list.

Literally repeated what I said.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Literally repeated what I said.
We said 'stopped' not 'started'.

They STOPPED separating them in the 2010's....
5n0man said:
Don't try and use my post as validation when you're flat out wrong. As stated, billboard didn't stop separating rap from the hot 100 until after 2010. To try and compare chart activity from 2024 to the late 90s early 00s is retarded.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said:
Dude tried to say they tracked albums/singles on Billboard the same way in 2024 that they did in 1999....WHEN THEY STOPPED SEPARATING THEM IN 2010!!!!!

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin

Please stop quoting me. This is your 2nd L
Stop Juelzing.....​

Today, Billboard’s charts, including the Hot 100, use a combination of metrics, including sales, streaming, and airplay data, to determine the most popular songs. Rap music is no longer separated from the Top 100 chart, and the two charts have become more intertwined.

Streaming wasn't a thing in 1999!!!! Didn't get going until 2003!!! All we had back then was Napster!!!!

Last edited:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I thought this but I realized more and more of Gen Z listen to music from the 90s or earlier.

If anything, the Renaissance has already begun.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Stop Juelzing.....​

Streaming wasn't a thing in 1999!!!!

Rap music is no longer separated from the Top 100 chart, and the two charts have become more intertwined
:what:

You are officially retarded. You just made that up even after I posted literal links confirming that the rap charts never stopped and are still their own category. At first I thought you were just confused now I know you are retarded. Either that or U trolling.

Adding streaming does not equal the rap category being intertwined with the Billboard 100 and no longer existing. You're retarded. I'm seriously done with you.

Don't @ me...don't quote me. You are retarded.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

1) Megan literally had this era repeating the term "Hot Girl Summer" FACT

2) Beyonce jumped on Megans song Savage to do the remix, not the other way around. Because that song was super big. FACT

3) Tik Tok is the new wave and Megans music has been a dominant factor on Tik Tok. One example....That "Body yady yody yody yody yody" song was everywhere and all over Tik Tok.

4) Cardi B and Megan made WAP a popular term

5) Just this year alone "Hiss" became the 1st Billboard #1 diss record in Hip Hop history before Kendrick.

6) She has countless Billboard #1s

These 6 facts confirm that you sir are seriously out of the loop and don't know what you are talking about.
Dude big deal

She has some hit singles and a lot of machine support look at the brand deals and commercials Roc Nation is getting her she’s a superstar persona not a superstar artist

She’s not Nicki, she’s not Cardi B, she’s not Lil Kim, she’s not Foxy Brown as far as stardom goes, music isn’t hitting like that

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Rap music is no longer separated from the Top 100 chart, and the two charts have become more intertwined
:what:

You are officially retarded. You just made that up even after I posted literal links confirming that the rap charts never stopped and are still their own category.
No, I actually used A.I.​
At first I thought you were just confused now I know you are retarded. Either that or U trolling.
You're just mad because you can't retcon history.​
Adding streaming does not equal the rap category being intertwined with the Billboard 100 and no longer existing.
I didn't say it didn't exist and, yes, it does....
In the issue dated August 11, 2007, Billboard began incorporating weekly data from streaming media and on-demand services into the Hot 100. The first two major companies to provide their statistics to Nielsen BDS on a weekly basis were AOL Music and Yahoo! Music.[21] On March 24, 2012, Billboard premiered its On-Demand Songs chart, which ranks web radio streams from services such as Spotify, as well as on-demand audio titles.[22] Its data was then incorporated into the equation that compiles the Hot 100, and this was expanded to a broader Streaming Songs chart in January 2013.[23] In February 2013, U.S. views for a song on YouTube were added to the Hot 100 formula. "Harlem Shake" was the first song to reach number one after the changes were made.[24]
You're retarded. I'm seriously done with you. Don't @ me...don't quote me. You are retarded.

:umad:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Dude big deal

She has some hit singles and a lot of machine support look at the brand deals and commercials Roc Nation is getting her she’s a superstar persona not a superstar artist

She’s not Nicki, she’s not Cardi B, she’s not Lil Kim, she’s not Foxy Brown as far as stardom goes, music isn’t hitting like that
:patrice:

You know what.. I didnt catch it first but when you said her music isn't hitting like that when I know for a fact that Megans music has been all over Tik Tok for years...and Tik Tok is the big wave. And then to say she got hits but the music isn't hitting which is a statement that contradicts itself.. I'm just now realizing you are just hating. I didnt catch it at first but I just now caught it.