I just found something interesting. No artist under 30 in Rap or RnB is popping like that. Is Gen Z the most talentless generation??

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's crazy to think back in our day, the artist carrying the industry were really young. Pac, Biggie, Nas were early 20s dropping their classic albums. Beyonce was early 20s. Rihanna was barely an adult when she started getting buzz. Chris Brown was a teenager. It's crazy to see how the times have changed.
Yeah I think the tide switched to older artists with Rick Ross and 2Chains who were in there mid 30s when they blew up. That wasn't happening in the 90s.

Daps
Nas was a lyrical prodigy at 16 and dropped illmatic.
I think Kendrick was in his late 20s when GKMC dropped. Was it like 2014/15? 2012 is when I heard section 80 and it was a masterpiece.
Cole was popping in his 20s, time just flies.
These new artist are in there mid 20s and are hot garbage.

i know some that i mess with (joey, brent, glorilla are all in their 20s) but like i said, everybody don't be on time or tapped in

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I mean music has always had those years when there was a down period of talent or good music. We forget that we are the first people to have access to all the music from previous generations in the palm of our hands and it kind of sweeps under the rug how artists back in the day flopped or an artist's career was considered over until two or three albums later when they drop one of their best.

We kind of put our perspectives into a vacuum only remembering the best of the best music of the last 50 years as if it was constantly happening and now of a sudden, it stopped because of the gen z.

We grew up in ringtone rap era breh where dudes wore XXXXL t-shirts. We grew up on songs like Laffy Taffy lol. How is that better than most the microwave music out today?

For the most part other than dudes like Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Kanye, etc. The Mid 2000s were filled with trash ass one-hit wonders and songs we refuse to listen to ever again we just glorifity the best parts.

IMO, Rap didn't resurge until the blog era with the birth of K dot, Drake, Cole, Cudi, Asap Rocky, Mac Miller, Big Krit etc.

It happens. Right now we are back in a down period. And eventually, we will be back.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:martin:

Megan who has had more then 1 Billboad #1 singles (before the shooting) isn't popping like that? Neiter Kim or Foxy had a #1 Billboard single let alone more then 1 but according to u Megan isn't popping like that. One of the biggest rappers of this era isn't popping like that.

:snoop:

OK I'm done. You are obviously not trying to have a serious conversation.
Why you dying on this Meg the Stallion hill??:mjlol:
Only dudes I ever saw go hard for her like this were :dame:

What's your favorite Meg album??:patrice:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
You're telling on yourself.

Pinkpantheress was born in 2001
Lil baby is 30 next year key glock is 26. Normani is 28, h.e.r. is 27.

Yall just stopped listening to new music because you got older and it all sounds the same to you. People who grew up with 70s music said 80s music sounded like overproduced trash. People who grew up with 80s music thought 90s music sounded derivative especially with all the sampling. People who grew up with 90s music said 2000s music sounds soulless. Hip hop has been "dead" since 2006 apparently.

I guess the crowds filling stadiums to see the likes of Megan thee stallion, Gunna, or 21 Savage didn't get the memo

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah I think the tide switched to older artists with Rick Ross and 2Chains who were in there mid 30s when they blew up. That wasn't happening in the 90s.
Chuck D was 27 when he dropped his first album and Public Enemy didn’t become household names until he was in his 30s.

MC Hammer was 26 when Let’s Get It Started came out and was in his 30s when he became a household name.

Jay Z, etc…

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

Yall just stopped listening to new music because you got older and it all sounds the same to you. People who grew up with 70s music said 80s music sounded like overproduced trash. People who grew up with 80s music thought 90s music sounded derivative especially with all the sampling. People who grew up with 90s music said 2000s music sounds soulless. Hip hop has been "dead" since 2006 apparently.

I guess the crowds filling stadiums to see the likes of Megan thee stallion, Gunna, or 21 Savage didn't get the memo
I’m :flabbynsick:

But I just looked up Sexxy Red, Megan The Stallion, Glorilla, Jack Harlow, all are in their 20s. I’m sure there are others, those were just a few who are in their 20s.

:manny:

OP literally said Megan Thee Stallion isn't popping like that.

OP is out of touch and out of the loop.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
OP said Megan Thee Stallion isn't popping like that.

Weird.

I mean she’s not for me but she’s on commercials, every award show, clearly one of the bigger names in young music.

Ice Spice is also in her 20s

If OP wants to debate the quality of music, I’ll agree. Nothing of these artists is moving me personally to listen to more than what is already established, but to the audience it’s meant for, these are big names

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Chuck D was 27 when he dropped his first album and Public Enemy didn’t become household names until he was in his 30s.

MC Hammer was 26 when Let’s Get It Started came out and was in his 30s when he became a household name.

Jay Z, etc…
Jay was household name at 27.
But what I'm saying is majority of artists at one point were big acts at 21-24 not mid 30s like now.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

21 and Gunna both 31.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps

They aren't "superstars" tho

Pinkpantheress has how many hit records?

Normani's debut album dropped a few weeks ago did less than 20k its first week