I just found something interesting. No artist under 30 in Rap or RnB is popping like that. Is Gen Z the most talentless generation??

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Meg shyt be flopping and Doja ain't respected in the genre.

Now you moving the goal post. You literally said artist people are checking for and who is "popping" which Megan is. You didn't say anything about record sales in the OP. Also... The Coli does not equal The real world. Just because The Coli doesn't like Doja Cat doesn't mean she isn't popping in reality.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
“Stardom” is completely different since streaming tho. It’s hard to find an artist who debuted after 2015/16 who became the level of star that people like Katy Perry, Taylor swift, drake, etc are/were due to how people consume music. Rod Wave is big and pretty successful for that gen and most people 30/32+ don’t know a song from him, same with these pop stars, Olivia Rodrigo is not touching the widespread popularity someone like Fergie had.

All that said, they are also trash and making such terrible music. Like how tf are 4batz and Hxncho a thing?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Thecoli couldn't name 7 artists that gen z listens to

That’s the problem.

Our parents knew who the major hip hop and r&b artists we listened to were because they made huge crossover hits.

If you make hits people will hear them whether they want to or not.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
it just takes time for some people to perfect the craft, and on the other hand some consumers are just late.
i been a stan of sza for like 10 years lol. you couldn't tell me kendrick wasn't the one since 2013
Nas was a lyrical prodigy at 16 and dropped illmatic.

I think Kendrick was in his late 20s when GKMC dropped. Was it like 2014/15? 2012 is when I heard section 80 and it was a masterpiece.

Cole was popping in his 20s, time just flies.

These new artist are in there mid 20s and are hot garbage.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Meg shyt be flopping and Doja ain't respected in the genre.
It's not popping to us because we aren't in the target audience anymore (18-29)

But to these gen z kids nikkas like Rod Wave, Youngboy and Yachty are like gawds to them

That's why I said if you think this is true you're probably:flabbynsick: and not out in the streets like that anymore

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Now you moving the goal post. You literally said popping which Megan is. You didn't say anything about record sales in the OP. Also... The Coli does not equal The real world. Just because The Coli doesn't like Doja Cat doesn't mean she isn't popping in reality. And now
Meg isn't popping like that. Foxy Brown, Lil Kim, Lauryn Hill were bigger acts at her age. She just getting by off the sympathy "shooting".

Doja isn't respected or name dropped by her peers. Does the genre even embrace her as a rapper or RnB singer??

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
It's crazy to think back in our day, the artist carrying the industry were really young. Pac, Biggie, Nas were early 20s dropping their classic albums. Beyonce was early 20s. Rihanna was barely an adult when she started getting buzz. Chris Brown was a teenager. It's crazy to see how the times have changed.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The reason you had young superstars in the past was the record companies put money into development, writing and most importantly marketing music because they had to sell physical copies of music. So even though they were still making a killing, they needed people to go outside to buy product.

When No Limit, Ca$h Money and others started to cut deals to market themselves and only pay for distribution the record companies slowly shifted the way they handled business. Now they want you to build your following before they invest.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Meg isn't popping like that.

:martin:

Megan who has had more then 1 Billboad #1 singles (before the shooting) isn't popping like that? Neiter Kim or Foxy had a #1 Billboard single let alone more then 1 but according to u Megan isn't popping like that. One of the biggest rappers of this era isn't popping like that.

:snoop:

OK I'm done. You are obviously not trying to have a serious conversation.