I heard em say LeBron never shut down Rose

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
bron didn't do it by himself- he just didn't gamble and when he got beat off the dribble, the heat had nikkas waiting for rose. add to that rose played damn near all the 2nd halves in the series equals tired nikka. i kept wondering why thibs kept running that high pick and roll that they would just trap. if they iso'd rose vs bron in those key moments- it could have been a different decision whether to send the trap and risk open looks.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the difference between how rose and terry played fukking obvious to anyone who doesn't have down syndrome.

rose would get the ball and had to create something.

for the most part, terry didn't have the ball in his hands, he was running around off the ball, curling off screens, getting the ball on the move and shyt like that.

fighting through screens, trying not to get pinned down and chasing a guy around the court is different than being on your toes at the top of the key as a guy tries to figure out how get past you.

anyways, lebron did a great job guarding rose, no doubt...but i'm not gonna pretend that the heat's team d had nothing to do with it.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the difference between how rose and terry played fukking obvious to anyone who doesn't have down syndrome.

rose would get the ball and had to create something.

for the most part, terry didn't have the ball in his hands, he was running around off the ball, curling off screens, getting the ball on the move and shyt like that.

fighting through screens, trying not to get pinned down and chasing a guy around the court is different than being on your toes at the top of the key as a guy tries to figure out how get past you.

anyways, lebron did a great job guarding rose, no doubt...but i'm not gonna pretend that the heat's team d had nothing to do with it.
everyone shut down rose after that pacers series his O was putrid he lost all trust in his shot you can credit lebron some but his defense is being overrated here.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
so if it's "easy to do because the whole defense was concentrating on Rose", then why did Rose only struggle when Lebron was covering him? Why did he continually roast Chalmers, yet shoot a whopping 6% when Lebron was covering him in the ECF last year? Weren't those same shytty teammates of Rose's on the floor when he was shytting on Chalmers? Was the Heat defense only concentrating on stopping Rose when Lebron was guarding him? If you wanna chalk his struggles up to the Heat trapping him, then why wasn't he struggling when they were trapping him in the 1st three quarters of games?

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
so if it's "easy to do because the whole defense was concentrating on Rose", then why did Rose only struggle when Lebron was covering him? Why did he continually roast Chalmers, yet shoot a whopping 6% when Lebron was covering him in the ECF last year? Weren't those same shytty teammates of Rose's on the floor when he was shytting on Chalmers? Was the Heat defense only concentrating on stopping Rose when Lebron was guarding him? If you wanna chalk his struggles up to the Heat trapping him, then why wasn't he struggling when they were trapping him in the 1st three quarters of games?

he was thats why i cant shower credit on lebron he shoot 40% for the post season overall and 35% versus Miami

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
why you bringing up old shyt don't nobody care about this breh leave rose be he hurtin right now fan so are chicago fans

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the problem with the Lebron had help argument...every fukking star player in the league is game planned for, by the entire defence, and yet stars tend to still make things happen. It's why stars are stars. Y'all cannot act like Rose doesn't see help and traps and everything else against other teams and he's only playing against that type of D against Miami when Lebron is on the floor. Let's be real, Rose has trouble when Lebron is guarding him and even when he "beats" Lebron he has a lot of trouble doing it and isn't able to get to where he wants to be on the court.

Yeah, Miami's team defence plays a part, but Lebron's influence is very difficult to ignore as well.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
I can't stand when folks say so and so player shut down another star player. Majority of the time it's the team defense (team collapse, star player is the only focus, shot blocker waiting in the back, etc).

I see other fans on this board saying these type of arguments and statements other than the t/s though:mjpls: