En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
You crazy if you think they don't have that shyt written out:stopitslime:
They had rough drafts before they even got them back
Duh nikka
Ok Black Trash. We all can confidently say Marvel studios was putting time and resources into developing scripts for movies that they could not even legally make all those years.
We can also reasonably say that all the millions of dollars that have gone into developing and pre-producing these other movies the past few years they actually had the legal rights to making should have just all been dropped to instantly make X-Men films. Brilliant movie making insight you have, Black Trash

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Ok Black Trash. We all can confidently say Marvel studios was putting time and resources into developing scripts for movies that they could not even make all those years.
We can also reasonably say that all the millions of dollars that have gone into developing and pre-producing these other movies the past few years they actually had the legal rights to making should have just all been dropped to instantly make X-Men films. Brilliant movie making insight you have, Black Trash
That's a lot of words to say I'm right and you're wrong:obama:
Glad you see the light

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Ok Black Trash. We all can confidently say Marvel studios was putting time and resources into developing scripts for movies that they could not even legally make all those years.
Again.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say this about the OG X-men movies. X1 and X2 were well-made movies that were competently acted and directed...
...but they weren't good X-men movies. They went too far from the OG comic storylines and threw way too many classic characters from the comics into the bushes. They were too Hollywood, despite having a couple of standout scenes here and there (Nightcrawler in the White House for example).

The X-men movies were cool for their time since they were made in an era where superheroes hadn't proven themselves to be a huge box office draw (except Superman and Batman), so it made sense to stay away from spandex and traditional comicbook tropes to try and follow the lead of more successful movies of the time like the Matrix. We were all excited because we never saw the X-men in live action before... but that novelty eventually wears off.

The problem with Fox's whole approach is that the ante's been upped since the time of the OG X-men movies. The (first two) Sam Raimi Spider-man movies, the Nolan Batman Trilogy, the MCU, and even Deadpool have long since proven that comicbook superheroes can be successful on the big screen, with colorful costumes, comic-accurate storylines, and all. These X-men movies didn't have to walk on eggshells scared to be comicbook movies anymore. But instead of learning from that success and evolving with the times, these people in charge of the X-men franchise stayed making their movies like they were still in 2003. They had NO plan for the long-term direction of the series, they didn't do their homework on the source material, and they were still throwing legendary characters under the bus just to push big-name celebrities and follow Hollywood trends.

The worst part is that FOX could have beaten Marvel to the punch in terms of building out a sprawling, interconnected cinematic universe with mutants... but these people thought they knew better than the OG comic writers. They don't.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There were more bad x men movies then good

IOoB.gif

Yes, nikka tf:mjtf:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I just hope they don’t do another Phoenix saga or anything else we seen 100 times. Like, the first villain they should fight is Mr. Sinister. THIS version of Mr. Sinister. I hate the bearded/English gentleman version of Mr. Sinister.

b033a9d479bb46b0162863847375bfe5.jpg

For real. I don’t care if it’s Feige’s favorite, the Phoenix Saga is the most overdone and overrated X-Men storyline.

MF_BREW

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee,WI
I like the build up, I remember they was dropping just about every month or year. They did that phoenix saga to death, got tired of that shyt!

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
They're trying to find a Wolverine that can try to fill Hughman's shoes.

As a former Avenger, war buddy of Caps, former Agent of SHIELD, and his popularity, it can't be easy.

Replacing Patrick Steward can't be easy either.

The only other person I can think of off the top of my head would be an adult Rogue given her past with Carol Danvers. Same goes for Logan.

As a start on some end credit scene shyt.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
fukk all that jean grey shyt :camby:

BUT they'll probably doit eventually because of the intergalactic fukkery
I can see them incorporating the avengers vs x-men and civil war 2 with making jean grey phoenix the antagonist of the series and captain marvel's avengers being the force the x-men have to fight