I hate how long they're making us wait for X-Men in the MCU

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Cyclops in
I know he isn't but the general consensus from a lot of people prior to Astonishing X-Men was him being a baby, scumbag and a boy scout.

He's one of my favourite characters fro
m the 100 and up Uncanny X-Men run but he was tame to other people. No need to rewrite it.
Morrison Cyclops is my favorite
Wolverine calling Cyclops a loser while he gets drunk at the Hellfire Club, and then telling him he's whining while he gets the best women
Jean confronting Emma Frost, and Cyclops saying read my mind
"But you were thinking about it!"

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not X2

1st one had its moments but didn't pull me in like that

X2 was a masterpiece tho
Nah, really all those X-Men movies were garbage. Mainly because of the damn casting. Anna Paquin as Rogue?? :gucci: Halle berry as Storm??? :gucci: Whoever the fukk that was as Cyclops?? :gucci: I just couldn't take that shyt seriously even a little bit.

The each had moments here and there, but overall X-men 1, 2, & 3 were hot garbage.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Nah, really all those X-Men movies were garbage. Mainly because of the damn casting. Anna Paquin as Rogue?? :gucci: Halle berry as Storm??? :gucci: Whoever the fukk that was as Cyclops?? :gucci: I just couldn't take that shyt seriously even a little bit.

The each had moments here and there, but overall X-men 1, 2, & 3 were hot garbage.
Cyclops actor was cool
:yeshrug:
Fit him perfectly

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Nah, even tho Cyclops is/was a boy scout ass nikka he still had a presence about him. They made Cyke an afterthought in the movies.
Thats on the director
When I saw James Marsden, I saw Cyclops
No one is talking about Chris Evans incredible performance as Johnny Storm, because you're only as good as the material you're given

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Your arguments are all over the place. The X-Men series hired trained actors and you could see that within their performance. Hugh Jackman's career was built off of his Wolverine portrayal. Their take on X-Men was to do it through a newcomer's eyes within an established universe to help us navigate it. Storytelling 101. People have said it for years, Cyclops is boring in the comics. They messed with Wolverine. His general acceptance came from Astonishing X-Men and forward. People went to see Wolverine, X-2, the classic, gave everyone screen time.

:stopitslime:

All of the callbacks and genuine source material used within the franchise says otherwise. Phoenix, Weapon X, God Loves Man Kills, Days of Future Past, Ultimate X-Men. The true mark of the impact was the film series actually giving way to the way Marvel implemented storylines into the comics. This is how Millar based the Ultimate line of X-Men comics.

As per key moments within the films, the Nightcrawler and Quiksilver scenes surely come to mind, they don't stand alone from the films they come from. That's the difference between Marvel and X-Men or Spider-Man films. The former has a moment that outpaces the rest of the film while the latter has great moments that doesn't debilitate the film by spending it's climax in one space.

Marvel movies are written like Bendis comics

:hhh:

the only people that thought scott was boring didnt even read comics. and even then, you have control of a franchise to prove why so many comics fans love him, and you decide" naw, fukk that, lets continue the focus on wolverine, but lets make him visibly unrecognizable from his comics counterpart!" hell, they even had halle berry as storm, and she was relegated to show her powers only like scott was.

callbacks? the least the franchise could do is make reference to the most popular of of their works if they arent going to do right by the characters themselves. by that measure, marvel should get the same credit for using age of ultron and civil war as story plots(especially civil war since the movie counterpart was much better than its comic variant) actual callbacks and foreshowding are having jim hammonds suit in the first avenger, cosmo the comsonaut and howard the duck appearing in guardians, and touches like that. and ultimate xmen? cmon now, you would have been better off not mentioning that. outside of ultimate petes journey and the crossover with marvel zombies, the ultimate universe isnt even worth talking about

as for key moments outpacing the rest of the movie, thats exactly what the quicksilver and nightcrawler scenes did. the movies werent anything special outside of those scenes. no xmen movie has sparked discussion like the motives of killmonger, or whether steve or tony were right in civil war. they were action movies straight up that changed focus based on the actors

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats on the director
When I saw James Marsden, I saw Cyclops
No one is talking about Chris Evans incredible performance as Johnny Storm, because you're only as good as the material you're given
True, because those F4 movies were ass just like the X-Men movies.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
the only people that thought scott was boring didnt even read comics. and even then, you have control of a franchise to prove why so many comics fans love him, and you decide" naw, fukk that, lets continue the focus on wolverine, but lets make him visibly unrecognizable from his comics counterpart!" hell, they even had halle berry as storm, and she was relegated to show her powers only like scott was.

callbacks? the least the franchise could do is make reference to the most popular of of their works if they arent going to do right by the characters themselves. by that measure, marvel should get the same credit for using age of ultron and civil war as story plots(especially civil war since the movie counterpart was much better than its comic variant) actual callbacks and foreshowding are having jim hammonds suit in the first avenger, cosmo the comsonaut and howard the duck appearing in guardians, and touches like that. and ultimate xmen? cmon now, you would have been better off not mentioning that. outside of ultimate petes journey and the crossover with marvel zombies, the ultimate universe isnt even worth talking about

as for key moments outpacing the rest of the movie, thats exactly what the quicksilver and nightcrawler scenes did. the movies werent anything special outside of those scenes. no xmen movie has sparked discussion like the motives of killmonger, or whether steve or tony were right in civil war. they were action movies straight up that changed focus based on the actors

You've got your mind made up so it'd be easier for me to talk to a wall. Just looking at this page, it's clear that 1:1 representation of character visuals is more important than story. Everyone gave credit to Marvel movies using character arcs and plots, the problem lies in the execution. Civil War was a grand epic in the comics, the movie was raved about because of the airport battle. Besides that, it was fluff. Nothing wrong with it being braindead mush, but it can't compare to the storytelling from X-Men.

Take Civil War with Iron Man leading the charge after 3 movies of him being in court and telling the public you can't have my suit or powers. All of the buildings and lives he destroyed.

:mjlol:

Compare Magneto's revenge in First Class to Black Panther, or Iron Man. Nothing substantial is shown in those films or for their characters. Incomplete arcs. Every character that had substantial screen time had completed arcs if it was introduced in the X-series.

None of the Disney characters are human unless a female is involved. Compared to the brotherhood shown between Erik and Charles throughout. Or the dynamic relationships from everyone else in the series.

X-Men actually feel 3D that's why everyone being a carbon copy of Iron Man or insert black character here, is tiring and lends itself to a poor product. Why is Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Ant-Man and many others written the same?

:russ:

Sounds like a Bendis comic, they just need everyone sitting at a table eating. Oh yeah, they did do that. As lifeless and trite as Bendis' run on the Avengers, the movie counterparts really nailed that.

People liked Black Panther because Killmonger was 3D. He was a real character. None of the other characters, heroes included have been written with motivation, ambition and characterization like he was.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You've got your mind made up so it'd be easier for me to talk to a wall. Just looking at this page, it's clear that 1:1 representation of character visuals is more important than story. Everyone gave credit to Marvel movies using character arcs and plots, the problem lies in the execution. Civil War was a grand epic in the comics, the movie was raved about because of the airport battle. Besides that, it was fluff. Nothing wrong with it being braindead mush, but it can't compare to the storytelling from X-Men.

Take Civil War with Iron Man leading the charge after 3 movies of him being in court and telling the public you can't have my suit or powers. All of the buildings and lives he destroyed.

:mjlol:

Compare Magneto's revenge in First Class to Black Panther, or Iron Man. Nothing substantial is shown in those films or for their characters. Incomplete arcs. Every character that had substantial screen time had completed arcs if it was introduced in the X-series.

None of the Disney characters are human unless a female is involved. Compared to the brotherhood shown between Erik and Charles throughout. Or the dynamic relationships from everyone else in the series.

X-Men actually feel 3D that's why everyone being a carbon copy of Iron Man or insert black character here, is tiring and lends itself to a poor product. Why is Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Ant-Man and many others written the same?

:russ:

Sounds like a Bendis comic, they just need everyone sitting at a table eating. Oh yeah, they did do that. As lifeless and trite as Bendis' run on the Avengers, the movie counterparts really nailed that.

People liked Black Panther because Killmonger was 3D. He was a real character. None of the other characters, heroes included have been written with motivation, ambition and characterization like he was.

civil war was garbage in comic form. marvel hyped it and teased at an ambiguous series where you have no idea who was right, and then made tony stark so damn villainous that it was obvious that steve was right. at the end of the movie it was less obvious. and at least you had characters acting in character. and then you bring up magneto, the most inconsistently written character in fiction who goes from villainous to slightly heroic at the drop of a hat to the point that its long been a comical point to tony stark, who actually matured from his reckless ways and tried to be more grounded up until his death? come on dude.

none of the characters are human unless a woman is involved? are you serious? steve and bucky, steve and sam, bucky and sam, tony and rhodey, hank and scott, hell even peter and happy all have human interactions. who are these magic women that somehow give these characters credence?

and the xmen feel 3d? the series with straight up placeholder characters outside of wolverine, charles, max and raven? cmon now. i know your bullshytting, but at least try to be real.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only people that thought scott was boring didnt even read comics. and even then, you have control of a franchise to prove why so many comics fans love him, and you decide" naw, ____ that, lets continue the focus on wolverine, but lets make him visibly unrecognizable from his comics counterpart!" hell, they even had halle berry as storm, and she was relegated to show her powers only like scott was.

Facts. Cyclops was always that dude in the comics until X-factor character assassinated him in the late 80s.
He stayed sonning Wolverine in the Cockrum/Byrne/Paul Smith era.

oldcyclopsfights1.jpg

oldcyclopsfights2.jpg

oldcyclopsfights3.jpg

oldcyclopsfights4.jpg

oldcyclopsfights5.jpg

James Mardsen is a good actor, but the X-men movies gave him next to nothing to work with. They did him dirty.

First Class is not good

I thought First Class was a well made movie, but not a good X-men movie.
Fassbender and McAvoy killed it... but the actual X-men team lineup in that movie was trash and pretty much every mutant in the film who wasn't white or a dude either died or turned heel in the end. ( :mjpls: )
They completely missed the point of X-men.
I wish First Class could have been a hard reboot with the OG founding members from the books (Jean, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast).

On a side note, they shouldn't have killed off the Hellfire Club so early (especially Shaw and Emma Frost). Dark Phoenix would have been a lot better with the Hellfire Club plotting against Jean instead of that wack, forgettable villain squad they tried to come through with.

Last edited: